All things Dundee FC

Yeah, that's a bit of an eye opener. The worry there is we start churning out good players but get little of the transfer fees.

Why on earth would we not get the full transfer fees? It's just coaches that are being sent over. Unless there's a stipulation that Ajax get a cut, I couldn't see them getting any of the transfer fees.

Why on earth would we not get the full transfer fees? It's just coaches that are being sent over. Unless there's a stipulation that Ajax get a cut, I couldn't see them getting any of the transfer fees.

They're investing in the youth, I'd imagine effectively taking control of the operation. Why on earth would they be putting money in purely for our benefit?

They're investing in the youth, I'd imagine effectively taking control of the operation. Why on earth would they be putting money in purely for our benefit?

Hence why I said that I would understand them getting money if there was such a stipulation put forward but there's not been any indication of one existing so far. I'm going on what's in the public domain just now.

We'll basically be Ajax now IMO

Or not, whatever.

My hope is that this isn't going to flood our youth ranks with Dutch teenagers at the expense of Scottish talent. Likewise I'd hope its not a vehicle for transferring our best youths to Ajax whilst their ones who won't make it come here to have a crack at a lower level.

Safe to say no-one knows enough about the mechanics of the deal yet so we are all pointlessly speculating at this point.

We'll basically be Ajax now IMO

Or not, whatever.

My hope is that this isn't going to flood our youth ranks with Dutch teenagers at the expense of Scottish talent. Likewise I'd hope its not a vehicle for transferring our best youths to Ajax whilst their ones who won't make it come here to have a crack at a lower level.

Safe to say no-one knows enough about the mechanics of the deal yet so we are all pointlessly speculating at this point.

You say Scottish talent as if we consistently bring through good players. McDonald, Robertson, Dixon are the only three I can think of that we have brought through in the last 10 years

You say Scottish talent as if we consistently bring through good players. McDonald, Robertson, Dixon are the only three I can think of that we have brought through in the last 10 years

Forsyth if I'm being pedantic.

We don't bring a lot of players through but less foreign than Scottish players come through.

I'm looking at it from a community perspective - I hope local kids are still getting a chance etc. Like I said - lot of detail needed.

I don't actually think this will be anything to do with Ajax tbh. Me and my mates were speaking the other week about 'Ajax' syndrome where any Dutch player that arrives in Scotland is always described as a 'former Ajax prospect'. Their youth setup is huge and they've got a huge number of staff. Most players or coaches over there are going to have some sort of link to Ajax in some capacity.

Not owning the youth set-up is not unheard of. Peter Marr was looking at buying the youth side of things a few seasons ago but I don't think Barry Smith was too keen on it. Rangers and quite a few English clubs do it too. We just don't know anything about this to evaluate the pros and cons yet.

EDIT: Club are denying the existence of any consortium so think this has maybe been a muddle with some coach being converted into a business group

Edited by harry94