All things Dundee FC

The thing is with AJLS is that he's technically a decent player at this level but his pace, height and strength let him down. We looked a better team Saturday with him in the starting lineup than we usually do without him. Anyway I'm not fussed if he stays or goes as at the end of the day, he's not our player.

24 minutes ago, Moo said:

The thing is with AJLS is that he's technically a decent player at this level but his pace, height and strength let him down. We looked a better team Saturday with him in the starting lineup than we usually do without him. Anyway I'm not fussed if he stays or goes as at the end of the day, he's not our player.

Agree with the first bit.  Disagree with the second.  A loan player’s goals and contributions count exactly the same as a fully signed player.  I think with AJLS in the team we’ve more chance of him or others scoring and keeping us in the league.

Agree with the first bit.  Disagree with the second.  A loan player’s goals and contributions count exactly the same as a fully signed player.  I think with AJLS in the team we’ve more chance of him or others scoring and keeping us in the league.

I agree he should stay.

However, no more Slops at Dens please Lord McCann.

Thank you.

If we keep AJLS would that not hinder our chances of bringing in a better striker ? I do agree he does well when called upon but would rather have someone quicker.
I would let him go along with Haber and free up some wages for a better option

So far who has been our player of the season at the half way point ?

For me Kamara wins by about the length of the Kingsway.
Of all the players used he is the only one who hasn’t been the subject of debate regarding whether he’s the best option we have.
Almost like having Thomson, but not injured every second game.

Thomson , the guy who lost more games than he won ? Behave

However yeah Kamara is awesome . Be lucky to hold on to him.

Didn’t know the stats re Thomson, that may be the case, but the whole situation was a mess because he was in and out so much there was no stability ever established. On a few occasions though we saw flashes of the player he potentially could have been if his legs weren’t made of lolly sticks and chewing gum.

As far as Kamara is concerned a great team will be built round him.

As you say, I just hope it’s a great Dundee team.

We're after Bain.

Time to let the cat out of the bag.
Day after the Rangers match I flew to Dublin. On that mornings flight were a number of Dundee players (and some St Johnstone ones)(although not together with the heroes)
Bain ended sitting on his own at the back of the flight (TBF. Another Dee was sitting on his own so...) can't help getting the feeling that the other players were not too chuffed he was there.
'Course this could be sh... and I'm just stirring it.
Sent a text to a few mates with a scenario...
Named the Dees on the flight, suggested a Munich type disaster and assumed I'd survive.

Question, who should I save from the Dundee players ?

Deliberately haven't given any other names but the errant goalie ( It may have been out with the knowledge or permission of the boss).
So assuming whoever you want on that flight. Who should I have saved, or not?

Kamara for me is the best by far.  Intelligent, fast, good at tackling and as the song goes - he never gives the ball away.

As much as he’s our friend I’d be tempted to look at replacing McGowan.  Yes he works hard and drives the team on but he’s very slow to make a pass, not fast at running and can’t shoot.  A good midfielder should have at least 2 out of 3 if these skills IMO.  He’s also quick to criticise team mates but seems slow to hold up his hands when he’s to blame.

Hopefully the board will work hard to convince O’Hara that he’s got plenty of time to improve and McCann is the man who can help him.

With how many players and how much dead wood we've had signed up, I don't see why we need to get rid of McGowan - even if we're wanting to try and improve the position. We could end up with someone who makes much less of an impact a bit further down the line and just wish we kept him around. There's no reason for it to be one of the other.