All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

It’s not about me.  It’s about the club and it’s history.  

My original statement still stands though. It will never happen to St Johnstone.

I struggle to give a f**k 

Why are the same people moaning about signing a ex DAB and in the same breath crying about Scott Allan going (ex DAB too).

I liked Allan but he was never 100% fit....blowing out his arse after 10 mins V Accies, cracking player though.

All the best to Wee ginger bollocks and hope he can put a couple away on Saturday to shut up the boo boys.

Why are the same people moaning about signing a ex DAB and in the same breath crying about Scott Allan going (ex DAB too).

I liked Allan but he was never 100% fit....blowing out his arse after 10 mins V Accies, cracking player though.

All the best to Wee ginger bollocks and hope he can put a couple away on Saturday to shut up the boo boys.

Fair point.

52 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I’m as passionate about Dundee as the next man but I really don’t get the Si Murray hate and he will be getting no special treatment from me. I’ll be right behind him on Saturday for the first five minutes and if the cunter doesn’t score he’s getting fucking crucified.

Let's be honest; it's because he allegedly supported Dundee then wound up the Dundee fans as an Arab. It's also because he has bright ginger hair so he stands out and is an easy target.

It should be pretty easy to control; all he'd really need to do is come out and say he can't wait to play for Dundee, he'll give his all and that anything that happened in the past was "banter" which happened in the heat of the moment. 

On the flip-side though, as a professional you must know that your career is fluid and it might literally take you anywhere. If you "get it up fans" of a team you end up signing for you need to be big enough to accept the ramifications.

Ultimately, we want him to do well for Dundee's sake and he wants to do well for his sake. As much as he seems annoying, he also seems like the sort of player fans love in their own team but hate in a rival. People have been in much worse situations and won over the fans and hopefully he does the same.

So we’ve lost Allan and Hendry and not replaced either but signed the Ginger Elephant Man...

Murray will score goals but who will create them and does this mean O’Dea will be back in the starting 11!?

No money for Bain either...jeez! ????‍♂️????‍♂️????‍♂️

We got money for Bain!

Dream on. We've always been fucked over, and that's never going to change.
Totally disillusioned with the whole fucking thing.

Hmm not so sure. Previous managers signings have been woeful, so when we did find the odd gem, which was rare, we sold them but never brought in any quality to push on. With McCann finding 2 gems in Kamara and Hendry in his first transfer window, I'm a bit more optimistic this time around.

For what it's worth, I don't think Murray is evil or even a bad pro (his rise has been pretty impressive), he's just thick. He unexpectedly become a footballer and a very well known face in the city so started getting a lot of shit, his reaction to that was to being a 'character'.

I don't really care tbh. He'll be a repatriated Derry Boy in no time if he's half decent and his past indiscretions will be down to being a 'character' with 'great bants'. Does badly and he's the worst of them all.

It was awful losing Hendry but Allan hasn't really been that effective and won us that much in the last round of games which has been a really good run. It looked like we'd maybe found a way to implement him better and see him play more of a major role which is a shame but he's thrown a strop and wanted away. Murray is maybe a shit football in comparison but he's got the mobility and end product of some sort, he's much more adaptable and he can come in for Faissal in our kind of 4-3-3 thing fairly easily or even play as the man in the middle. It's not inconceivable that the change could work out making our points tally better at the end of the season. It's consolation but for losing Allan, I don't think it's horrific.

1 hour ago, kevthedee said:

Funny how football works I was just giving him dogs abuse the other weekend now he is playing for us I will give him my support hopefully must Dundee fans will do the same and overlook what happened before.

Sadly I am expecting some "Dundee supporters" to be on his case from the start most probably the warm up in his first game.

Well you'd be aswell closing your mouth at games in the future if you're just going to laud the same rats if they wear dark blue.

Laughable.

Ultimately, we want him to do well for Dundee's sake and he wants to do well for his sake. As much as he seems annoying, he also seems like the sort of player fans love in their own team but hate in a rival. People have been in much worse situations and won over the fans and hopefully he does the same.

Could he mibbe dye his hair Dark Blue ?

We've created numerous chances in games Allan hasn't been involved in so the creativity is still there IMO so he won't be as much a loss as people are making out. Our main problem has been goals and we've sort of addressed the problem.

Our striker options now include Haber and Moussa as target/hold up men, AJLS who is technically a very smart player at this level and now Murray who is quick, proven finisher at this level and gives defenders not a single moment of peace. That's good options to have IMO.

40 minutes ago, Moo said:
We've created numerous chances in games Allan hasn't been involved in so the creativity is still there IMO so he won't be as much a loss as people are making out. Our main problem has been goals and we've sort of addressed the problem.

Our striker options now include Haber and Moussa as target/hold up men, AJLS who is technically a very smart player at this level and now Murray who is quick, proven finisher at this level and gives defenders not a single moment of peace. That's good options to have IMO.

Another nice, sensible, post. I like it.

There's been a number of occasions this season where AJ has been played through, Celtic at home springs to mind, and has been too slow to capitalise. That's not a slight on him, I really like him, but Murray offers something we didn't have previously.

Also, some of the corners he whipped in against us last week were fantastic. 

Edited by DigOutYourSoul
couldn't be bothered creating another post.