All things Dundee FC

38 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

So we still had to pay wigan when we got this record fee that includes add ons ?
Nae wonder we don't know what we got, probably got about a fiver

You seem absolutely desperate for this fee to be shite. 

6 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Most hurtful player departures -

Cammy Fraser and Ian Ferguson to the Buns

McKimmie going to the sheep shaggers

Tosher to the Jambos

Jim Duffy knee fucked

Adamcuk to the Buns/Minchins

Feel free to add to the list.

I'm too young to remember the Cammy Fraser/Ferguson transfers. 

Of the early ones I can remember, I'd go with John Brown . Around Christmas 1987 we were going pretty well in the old Premier Division. A month earlier we'd scudded the DABs 3-1 at Tannadice, closely followed by an epic week where we stuck 7 and 6 past Morton and Falkirk in respective away games, and were at one point 9 points clear of our neighbours in the race for 5th and the last UEFA Cup spot (when that was actually a reasonably big deal), Tommy Coyne was scoring for fun and Bomber Brown had been instrumental in a lot of our goals that season. The downside had been losing Duffy to a catastrophic knee injury at Ibrox.

Obviously the best way to finish the season was to accept a laughably small offer from Rangers (who were throwing huge fees about at that time) for a player who went on to become a huge part of the 9IAR side. As for Dundee, we lost the first Derby after New Year and our arses collapsed. I think we finished about 5 points behind United in about 7th place. The following season we sold Coyne to Celtic, and were relegated the one after that. Angus fucking Cook. c**t. 

Incorrect.

We have always been shite with our finances . I want my club to be honest with our fans and tell us what they received. Surely that wasn't so hard to understand ?

Don’t think it’s fully Dundee’s choice to disclose the fee. Surely both clubs have to agree.

6 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Most hurtful player departures -

Cammy Fraser and Ian Ferguson to the Buns

McKimmie going to the sheep shaggers

Tosher to the Jambos

Jim Duffy knee fucked

Adamcuk to the Buns/Minchins

Feel free to add to the list.

Scott Robertson to the scum. Breaks your dark blue heart.

Derek Lyle to accies, just because of the way the wee p***k done it.

Edited by Juantwothree

Not massively surprising, they'll be crucified by an element of the support regardless of what they say. They're smart enough to let the knicker wetters get everything out of their system before saying anything else.

Fair enough in some respects, but I’d have expected some sort of coverage of Murray arriving.

Not massively surprising, they'll be crucified by an element of the support regardless of what they say. They're smart enough to let the knicker wetters get everything out of their system before saying anything else.

Fair enough in some respects, but I’d have expected some sort of coverage of Murray arriving.

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

No wonder it was undisclosed

Probably a relatively complex deal if Wigan are getting a size of the pie. Add-ons wouldn't go to Wigan at all so maybe a fair chunk is riding on him getting a Scotland cap and a move to a richer league in the not too distant future?

Everybody has to chill out about all this now. Hendry has gone, a blow but not the end of the world. Allan wasn't our player at the end of the day and we couldn't get him in the team and only really used him as an impact sub. And Scott Bain is a complete and utter p***k of a laddie, thank f**k he's gone. Onwards and upwards, Murray will score goals for us and I think him and moussa will strike up a good partnership. And one final thing, united are still shite.

Thank you

2 administrations we have been in
We are quite a different club compared to many others.
Rangers let their team die
Of course we are customers , we are the ones who pay the wages .
More skeptical than anything since our club has been fucked over plenty times.

You can't see that ?

Of course I understand that, and I'd love to know the broken down figures too. The problem is, we are just customers of the business in reality. The fact of the matter is that this transfer in particular is probably extremely complex. It could be that Jack Hendry went for peanuts to avoid us paying Wigan a healthy fee and the Scott Bain fee was inflated. The add-one will likely be complex too. I'm sure there will be a clause where when Celtic see him on we will get a %age of that just like Wigan are with us.

1 minute ago, Girth said:

I wouldn’t worry guys.

We’re still gonna smash this tinpot league. Ross County first to be bent over.

Thank you.

:lol:

Love your optimism. 

What is it about Scott Bain? Always landing lucky the dirty c**t that he is.

I reckon he'll die young in a nasty incident, his luck has to run out soon.

Everybody has to chill out about all this now. Hendry has gone, a blow but not the end of the world. Allan wasn't our player at the end of the day and we couldn't get him in the team and only really used him as an impact sub. And Scott Bain is a complete and utter p***k of a laddie, thank f**k he's gone. Onwards and upwards, Murray will score goals for us and I think him and moussa will strike up a good partnership. And one final thing, united are still shite.
Thank you

Was about to like and agree with your post until you said Murray and Moussa! I would much prefer Murray and AJ.

I like Murray, always worried when he played against us because of his pace. That’s something we’ve lacked for years. However one thing he really struggles with is staying onside. Him and Moussa - f**k me - the linesman’s flag would be stuck up for 90 minutes.

The customers who have saved this business from going under, twice. Pretty impressive .
Reality is board need to come out with something , whether they do or not is another question.

Now we need to see what our club is made of and push for a top six.

Wonder where this money will go also, I presume probably towards our stadium rather than scouting set up someone mentioned.

I’m disappointed they’ve not said anything too. A wee word from Nelms about the Hendry deal, where the money is going to be spent etc then a word from McCann about the Murray/Allan swap - what he hopes Si can bring to us.