All things Dundee FC

14 minutes ago, Maslow said:

Let's step up to the challenges Steven faces,and the supporters rehabilitation too.
Too many times in here have we heard of sections of the support getting on the backs of certain players the moment a pass goes awry or things don't go to plan.
We have a player here who in the normal scheme of things would ordinarily grace Dens only in a pre season friendly. He has issues and the Boss has sold him on the idea that playing for us can help him overcome these and bring him to a point of finally reaching his potential.
My fear is that WE, the supporters behave in typical troglodyte fashion and get on his case.
Please, if you haven't, take the time to read the Guardian article and spread the word.
Who knows by helping Steven put to bed his demons we may actually assist in conquering our own (COXY AND SECTIONS OF SOUTH ENCLOSURE TAKE NOTE)

The Guardian article is brilliant, really good article and nice to hear a professional sports person being so open about they struggles they've faced in their career. Hopefully he can come up to Dens, enjoy his time here and allow him to force his way back into top level football. If we only get to enjoy his abilities for a short time then so be it. 

Particularly enjoyed him saying he only ever felt at 40%, if his career so far hasn't been at his best mentally and we have him in a good place he could be an exceptional player in this league. 

As you say, my only fear is how negative and critical Dens can be for players. It's all well and good with the folk who've read his story and are really backing Caulker to kick on, but I do worry about a fairly sized element of our support who will jump on his back after his first bad pass. 

27 minutes ago, Maslow said:

Let's step up to the challenges Steven faces,and the supporters rehabilitation too.
Too many times in here have we heard of sections of the support getting on the backs of certain players the moment a pass goes awry or things don't go to plan.
We have a player here who in the normal scheme of things would ordinarily grace Dens only in a pre season friendly. He has issues and the Boss has sold him on the idea that playing for us can help him overcome these and bring him to a point of finally reaching his potential.
My fear is that WE, the supporters behave in typical troglodyte fashion and get on his case.
Please, if you haven't, take the time to read the Guardian article and spread the word.
Who knows by helping Steven put to bed his demons we may actually assist in conquering our own (COXY AND SECTIONS OF SOUTH ENCLOSURE TAKE NOTE)

Very well put Maslow.  

Must have been difficult for Caulker to open up like that.    Would be nice if the Samaritans could team up with Dundee some match day for a collection and further highlighting the issue of mental health - providing Caulker is OK with the idea.  

Chocker will be a guid signing if he can get his heid fixed oot, shame he has more mental health issues than all the patronage of carstairs, really hope he can rid himself of his demons as he looked a real prospect at Spurs, typical OTT posts from the delusional dees though, the guy has made 6 senior first team appearances since Jan 2015, the minute he signs for the deluded they sweep facts under the carpet and hail the guy as a saviour, I really do hope he can rebuild his career but the reaction of the deluded is unjust and it will be interesting to see how they react when the penny drops they have signed a player with just 6 first team outing in over 3 years.

5 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Chocker will be a guid signing if he can get his heid fixed oot, shame he has more mental health issues than all the patronage of carstairs, really hope he can rid himself of his demons as he looked a real prospect at Spurs, typical OTT posts from the delusional dees though, the guy has made 6 senior first team appearances since Jan 2015, the minute he signs for the deluded they sweep facts under the carpet and hail the guy as a saviour, I really do hope he can rebuild his career but the reaction of the deluded is unjust and it will be interesting to see how they react when the penny drops they have signed a player with just 6 first team outing in over 3 years.

Since January 2015, he's played 48 games.

14 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Shouldn't you be out with collection buckets ???

Oh wait sorry you support Sevco.....

15 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

What an absolute p***k of a guy you are. 

I've always heard good things about hospitality at Dens. The Legends Lounge being particularly impressive:

On arrival, you will be welcomed with a glass of sparkling wine before being served a superb contemporary 3 course meal with wine. Complimentary beers, wines and spirits with table service will be available throughout the day. 

Meanwhile, at Tannadice:

Spoiler

15180077881503327277DHSgB9xXoAARDnP.jpg- 

4 minutes ago, The Master said:

I've always heard good things about hospitality at Dens. The Legends Lounge being particularly impressive:

Meanwhile, at Tannadice:

Reveal hidden contents

15180077881503327277DHSgB9xXoAARDnP.jpg- 

Few fatties there that would be better off having the salad. IMO.

19 minutes ago, SpiderDee said:

Shouldn't you be out with collection buckets ???

Oh wait sorry you support Sevco.....

17 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

What an absolute p***k of a guy you are. 

Guys, respond to the fuckwit all you want but please stop quoting him. I have him blocked and if you don't quote him I don't have read his shite.

Thank you.

Caulkers a great signing, but Murray in the squad is still not on.

Hope we win tomorrow, however, if O'Dea, Kerr, Holt, McGowan, Moussa and El-Bak start we won't.

Won't be going again but i probably would be tempted by a quarter final (depending on the draw).

No Dayglo fuds at Dens.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, happyaccie said:

You really are a pr!ck. 

44 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Hope we win tomorrow, however, if O'Dea, Kerr, Holt, McGowan, Moussa and El-Bak start we won't.

Won't be going again but i probably would be tempted by a quarter final (depending on the draw).

No Dayglo fuds at Dens.

Thank you.

Murray won’t be playing, nae excuses laddie. 

No Dayglo fuds at Dens.
Thank you.

Sexy Simon is probably your best striker now you absolute freak.