All things Dundee FC

Read his interviews and you will see the man himself echoes what I say, in his own words his professional career has suffered massively due to his mental health issues, but you being a deluded dee continuing to ignore facts which are presented to you is entirely the outlook I see you taking.

You are such a freak

5 hours ago, Louis Litt said:

Stop replying to happyaccie. The guy's an old loser not worth our time and is starting to make this great thread unreadable.

I can only envisage you consider fiction as the only written word you consider as readable then. Fact Steven Caulker has had a history of mental health issues resulting in a interview in which he admitted having an addictive personality, alcohol and gambling being two addictions he battled, Caulker also intimated in the interview he considered himself a manic depressive who had previously considered suicide, all of this is fact but I know fact is like a alien concept to Dundee fans so you lot keep burying your heads up McCanns derrière to cover the factual proof available and continue to hail Caulker as this imaginary marquee signing. I hope the guy does kickstart his career but knowing about his past attempts and his personal demons I will be flabbergasted if he does.

Sad that some people find  mental health issues as something different to other medical conditions.  It's not and I know a lot of people who have had mental  issues over the years and are fine now. 

Cant quite believe we have a 26 year old ex England international on our books. I to was down when the last minute Henry sale went through, but already you can see what it has done. Good players with something to prove will see us as a potential stepping stone back to the big time. At the same time our youngsters will get the chance to train and play with great players. Can only be good. It will be interesting to see who he ends up playing with. 

What's the deal with Gadz? Does McCann just really not fancy him at all?

I reckon O'Dea and Caulker will start today although based on what I've seen I'd have Waddell in instead of O'Dea. 

Today's tactics should be to play for as many corners as possible and get them launched into the box with Waddell and Caulker waiting.  Ooft. 6-5 to the Dee. 

3 hours ago, happyaccie said:

I can only envisage you consider fiction as the only written word you consider as readable then. Fact Steven Caulker has had a history of mental health issues resulting in a interview in which he admitted having an addictive personality, alcohol and gambling being two addictions he battled, Caulker also intimated in the interview he considered himself a manic depressive who had previously considered suicide, all of this is fact but I know fact is like a alien concept to Dundee fans so you lot keep burying your heads up McCanns derrière to cover the factual proof available and continue to hail Caulker as this imaginary marquee signing. I hope the guy does kickstart his career but knowing about his past attempts and his personal demons I will be flabbergasted if he does.

"imaginary marquee signing" - Dundee thread goes 20 pages in three days. Wonder what would happen if we signed someone decent?

I know others have asked for you not to be quoted but I am going to quote the above because it deserves to be called out. Your attitude to mental health is completely wrong. He has come to play professional football and deserves to be judged on that basis, not on his mental health issues under some vague qualifier of "hope he gets better". If we consider him in terms of his football rather than his illness we have a player that can stroll this league. It is not deluded to give someone with incredible ability a chance.

That said I honestly don't care if his first action in a Dundee shirt is to put the ball in our own net and collapse in tears. I'll be roaring him on regardless as he'll be wearing dark blue.

Edited by The Algebraist

great signing and one i did not see coming. i thought after bringing the angolan in that would be us.

something that comes to mind though is why didnt celtic go for him? they are well short at the back and rodgers signed caulker for liverpool so clearly rates his ability.

dont get me wrong i am delighted and hope we get to see him today

27 minutes ago, K.T said:

Good interview. I expect Caulker will probably start.

I could listen to Neil all day. Not your typical dour Scottish manager full of cliches and sound bites.

*Edited for talking pish. 

**Edited again as it turns out I wasn't talking pish after all: It was Klopp who signed Caulker for Liverpool.

Edited by Dee Man

I could listen to Neil all day. Not your typical dour Scottish manager full of cliches and sound bites.
**Edited again as it turns out I wasn't talking pish after all: It was Klopp who signed Caulker for Liverpool.

Neil is a tap boi. Seems very honest, open and sensible. Clearly these are the qualities that brought Caulker to the club as well. We love you, Neil.

Thank you.

ah ok. was sure it was rodgers obviously not

32 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
50 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

ah ok. was sure it was rodgers obviously not

I think Rodgers took him to Swansea on loan so does know him.

17 hours ago, happyaccie said:

I stand corrected figures I sourced were only league matches, 6 games in EPL since Jan 2015, 48 in total over 36 months, less than 135 mins of game time / month over a 3 year period. The guy has a very dubious medical history, but yet you guys hail him as your saviour. I sincerely hope he does rebuild his career, just think dee fans getting moist at this signing is madness.

Your team will be playing darren jamieson at centre back soon you fucking moon unit. 

For once just shut the f**k up you fucking *** c**t

2 hours ago, The Algebraist said:

"imaginary marquee signing" - Dundee thread goes 20 pages in three days. Wonder what would happen if we signed someone decent?

I know others have asked for you not to be quoted but I am going to quote the above because it deserves to be called out. Your attitude to mental health is completely wrong. He has come to play professional football and deserves to be judged on that basis, not on his mental health issues under some vague qualifier of "hope he gets better". If we consider him in terms of his football rather than his illness we have a player that can stroll this league. It is not deluded to give someone with incredible ability a chance.

That said I honestly don't care if his first action in a Dundee shirt is to put the ball in our own net and collapse in tears. I'll be roaring him on regardless as he'll be wearing dark blue.

Everything you say above is factual so I agree totally with your stance.

The issue I have is with fans who are practically creaming themselves in anticipation of a young man who has played very little football over the last 3 years, football fans are a fickle breed and if SC fails to live upto the anticipated levels of some of your fans, this could have a negative impact on Steven not just in a footballing sense, some of the dee fans hostilities towards Dundee players at matches I have attended have left me cold, if this level of abuse is directed in anyway towards Caulker are you of the opinion this would not impact on his general well-being ?

10 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Everything you say above is factual so I agree totally with your stance.

The issue I have is with fans who are practically creaming themselves in anticipation of a young man who has played very little football over the last 3 years, football fans are a fickle breed and if SC fails to live upto the anticipated levels of some of your fans, this could have a negative impact on Steven not just in a footballing sense, some of the dee fans hostilities towards Dundee players at matches I have attended have left me cold, if this level of abuse is directed in anyway towards Caulker are you of the opinion this would not impact on his general well-being ?

Three years ago Caulker was a regular in the EPL, and in those three years he's played for Southampton and Liverpool. He's still to reach his peak. 

Really, really, hard to see why people are excited about the signing tbh. 

1 minute ago, mychurch said:

Out of interest, how many other full English Internationals have we ever had playing with us ?

Dont think Stainrod was ever capped. Graham Rix ? Noel Blake obviously deserved a cap, but was ignored. 

Worth noting he only ever played 70 minutes of a friendly, where they got pumped 4-2. By all means talk about his pedigree, but "full England International" is stretching the truth, somewhat. 

Out of interest, how many other full English Internationals have we ever had playing with us ?

Dont think Stainrod was ever capped. Graham Rix ? Noel Blake obviously deserved a cap, but was ignored. 

Stainrod was on the bench for England but never played but I’m pretty sure Rix had several caps for England. I don’t know whether they were friendlies or the results so I obviously can’t comment on whether any of those count on the RG scale. I’ve always thought a cap is a cap, regardless of the result or whether it was a friendly but you learn something every day.