All things Dundee FC

Just leaving out Harkins altogether? Only midfielder we have who scores and provides and we've barely won since he's been out. Also no place for Loy?

Aye, you can swap McAlister and Harkins; it was only a rough idea. :lol:

Loy can compete with Stewart, Tankulic, and Wighton :)

I don't think your proposal is far away from what we play currently tbh.

The main difference being we have no natural width or pacy wingers in our teams at the moment which means we end up playing narrower.

Stewart out left is always drifting infield and lacks that raw pace and Harris on the right is a non entity most of the time.

I reckon PH thought Roberts and Boyle would be those options this season but it never worked out that way.

To Dens !!!!

I would doubt this one tbh -

Tankulic, Wighton, Loy & Stewart should be all we need next season. Only way McManus comes in is if we punt Wighton out on loan and I'm not sure that would be a popular decision.

I would doubt this one tbh -

Tankulic, Wighton, Loy & Stewart should be all we need next season. Only way McManus comes in is if we punt Wighton out on loan and I'm not sure that would be a popular decision.

Maybe Tankulic is on his way out.

He needs another striker IMO, Stewart will play off the left again next year, Heff and Clarkson will be away, Tank still has to prove himself and Wighton is only 17 so needs another striker to fight with Loy for a place, Tank should play behind striker anyway all his good work is done away from the box.

Tank is on a 2 year deal so it'd cost us to punt him. Duffy last night on Alba pretty much confirmed McManus was on his way down South. I know what I'm believing.

Here's a long winded post I made about Luka on the dark blues forum.

I rate him but I know others don't!

Tankulic goals record isn't great but this 1 goal stuff is just wrong he has actually got 2 this season with the 4th vs Peterhead - not that it makes much difference but if your gonna beat him with a stick do it with the correct one.....

Since the split we have found goals hard to come by - our last goal was at Dens vs Celtic. After running from within his own half Tankulic picks up the ball, holds it up for McGinn to overlap and plays a defence splitter for McGinn to run on to and cross for McAlister.

I'm not sure any of our other players could have done what the Tank did there - Thomson and Gowser could pick the pass but lack the legs for the run, McAlister has the legs but not the vision for the pass and Greg Stewart would probably risked trying to beat a man rather than holding the ball up. Clarkson would be on his arse at the edge of the box and Heffernan is a penalty box striker, nothing more.

On Saturday against Caley one of our best chances IMO was when Tank again played a defence splitter for Jimmy Mac to run on to but he snatched at the chance somewhat when clean through but under pressure. Then we have the assist at Pittodrie to consider.

The boy has the technical tools. His first season has consisted of a shaky start in a foreign country, a language barrier, injury problems and the resultant battles back to fitness. He hasn't covered himself in glory off the park with his partying but he's a young lad. He is big, strong and can hold it up and find a pass - he's not proven he can score a lot so he is 100% not a lone striker but drop him deeper or partner him up and next season I think we will have a player on our hands. I liked his link up with Wighton pre-season and whilst its foolish to read too much into pre season matches those 2 caused what proved to be a very competent Hearts team a load of problems.

His first season has been more poor than good, but the potential is clear and anyone saying he doesn't look like a player at all is either at it or has different ideas about football to myself.

Yup - rumours are he's got a team down south which makes more sense as no fee would be required.

He Will be on 500/600 at Aberdeen and not a sniff at first team football

If he goes down south then even In div one 1000/1500 average wage

What Does everyone expect of dundee next season? I hope for top 6 a must and a final in a cup

will be more difficult to get into the top 6 next year, so, consolidate in 6th/7th/8th, and a decent run in a cup would,for me, be decent