All things Dundee FC

Who's you're midfield four then?

Harkins in on the left as he was last season so effectively. If SaftFeet starts, we then have to preferably have Gowser in with him but then we struggle for the right. I'd probably play Low in the middle and Gowser out on the right (where he had one of his best games for us last season) .. The lack of creativity in the middle worries, so possibly swap Low for Ross about 55.

He looked alright in the the county game at dens but didnt look too great against the saints or motherwell recently. Would prefer if we would find someone a bit more experienced to bring in. So far both dundee clubs brought in 4 loans from england and 3 have been sent back ( Healey was decent though , not his fault with injury) cant see Calder getting an extension l.

Do people seriously not rate Greg Stewart?

I've not been to as many games this season, as I've wished, but this is my take on it. Might be a lot of shite, but there you go.

It's not that I don't rate Gorgeous Greg, far from it. I feel other teams now know what he's all about and they're, the better teams, adapting they're tactics accordingly. Thus snuffing him out. I think we're a better team, attacking, without him. Same as when we had Canniggia, to an extent. I'll concede the point, I'm not as learned student of the game as other Dee posters on here, but this comes down to PH's tactics and personnel we have available. I'm not a, harsh, critic PH either. Although some of his decisions/ selections have me scratching my napper!

Hope that makes sense.

I've not been to as many games this season, as I've wished, but this is my take on it. Might be a lot of shite, but there you go.

It's not that I don't rate Gorgeous Greg, far from it. I feel other teams now know what he's all about and they're, the better teams, adapting they're tactics accordingly. Thus snuffing him out. I think we're a better team, attacking, without him. Same as when we had Canniggia, to an extent. I'll concede the point, I'm not as learned student of the game as other Dee posters on here, but this comes down to PH's tactics and personnel we have available. I'm not a, harsh, critic PH either. Although some of his decisions/ selections have me scratching my napper!

Hope that makes sense.

I think his dip in form over the last 7 or 8 games has coincided with there reportedly being two Rangers employees in the stand at Dens watching him. Maybe someone has been in his ear and he's put more pressure on himself. Whatever it is, he's still been creating at least one of his infamous chances for himself from the edge of the box per game but has been spurning them until Hamilton on Saturday.

He's not used to missing games so I bet he comes back after the dabs game on fire.

Edited by Dee Man

Hope that makes sense.

He plays almost every game, I can't remember the last time we played without him.

He plays almost every game, I can't remember the last time we played without him.

I should've put " I feel we would be a better attacking team, without him".

As I said, I've not been to as many games as I should've and I might be slavering pish.

Losing Stewart is a blow but I think him missing out may actually improve the balance of the team. We are more likely to get a 90 minute shift out of Loy IMO - although losing Stewart's ability to change a game in an instant is a blow I think losing Thomson for the derby will be far more of a problem.

Losing Stewart is a blow but I think him missing out may actually improve the balance of the team. We are more likely to get a 90 minute shift out of Loy IMO - although losing Stewart's ability to change a game in an instant is a blow I think losing Thomson for the derby will be far more of a problem.

^^^In a roundabout way, that's what I was trying to get at.

Sorry to interloper, but is dundeebarry still an occasional poster?

I've just posted something about Tomorrow's World in GN and. It got me thinking about barry and his hoverboards.

Iirc, Barry found love an stopped posting. Good luck to him.

Anyone think Hartley will stick Kerr in right midfield?

Does the Dundee supporters think Cammy Kerr will start getting some games to prove himself at Dens. He was very popular with us & has developed, gets up & down the park well, played mainly at RB for us but think he plays the other side at Dens. Had hoped we might have him a bit longer but think his contract is up in the summer so needs to win another one in the remainder of the season. Certainly hope he makes it as he has ability & has a great attitude.

Does the Dundee supporters think Cammy Kerr will start getting some games to prove himself at Dens. He was very popular with us & has developed, gets up & down the park well, played mainly at RB for us but think he plays the other side at Dens. Had hoped we might have him a bit longer but think his contract is up in the summer so needs to win another one in the remainder of the season. Certainly hope he makes it as he has ability & has a great attitude.

I think he will get his chance. Supposedly Hartley rates him as a player and a person and like you say his attitude seems spot on. Our usual right back was dropped on Saturday for Irvine (the white Cafu) who got injured and will miss the rest of the season so maybe he will get his chance sooner rather than later.

Would be good to see him get in the Dundee side, seems like a good wee c**t and he his derry'd oot his tits.

I think he will get his chance. Supposedly Hartley rates him as a player and a person and like you say his attitude seems spot on. Our usual right back was dropped on Saturday for Irvine (the white Cafu) who got injured and will miss the rest of the season so maybe he will get his chance sooner rather than later.

Would be good to see him get in the Dundee side, seems like a good wee c**t and he his derry'd oot his tits.

Irvine is supposed to be back training next week. The out for the season thing was a lot of pish from DC Thomson.

Whit!!! Aw well then can see Cammy back at Peterhead until the end of the season.

Sure that he would be most welcome at Balmoor but got the impression with his Dens contract up shortly he would want to secure his future there. Was his sponsor at Peterhead last year & know he is committed to making it in the game & given the choice am sure it would be at Dens