All things Dundee FC

47 minutes ago, Deefox said:

FAO Fifespud and Johnnydun especially,who mentioned Deeman not having posted recently. I’m his long suffering old man and can tell you he is safe and well in Perth, Australia, but is the same loony he always was, but became pissed off at the number of posts on here laced with negativity and decided to call it a day, rather than fall out with the posters concerned.

I,ve only posted on here once before, when I was in shock during Mr McCanns tenure when we were beaten at home by Ayr United, went home with the right hump and posted a negative loaded rant influenced by more than a few Glenmorangies. Deeman aka my third eldest didn’t talk to me for weeks! Although the tactics, team selection and substitutions that day were a joke to my way of thinking,he thought my negativity was wrong.

He came home February for a three week holiday, but didnt realise he needed a visa to get back into Aussie even with dual citizenship, and ended up being here for seven weeks waiting for his visa being processed. He loved it, never missed a game, the last one being our 7-0 win against Accies.

To those who don’t know Deeman nothing I have mentioned might seem unusual but he, like his two younger brothers were born in Bellshill Lanarkshire and were brought up in Blantyre after I left Lochee to live there. They all have West Coast accents and I do too, having lived in Lanarkshire 51 years and it’s not unusual for us to be questioned on our allegiance by Dee fans. Believe me, there are not many diehards of DFC in this neck of the woods but there are about twenty who are regulars home and away which surprises a lot of people. I first went to Dens Park when I was 6 years old and am now 79. My three youngest boys all went from the same age sorrounded by mates who were Gers or Tics. Caused a few probs but they overcame it to become diehard Dees. We travel home and away,went to Perugia as a family, two sons went to Albania, and now Deeman watches crap like Mandurah in Oz with our old number 9 playing for them. Not like the good old days in the 60s and 70s I will never forget.

I’m Dundee born, Dundee bred, and when I die I’ll be Dundee dead.

Mon the Dees

That's fucking superb.

2 hours ago, Deefox said:

FAO Fifespud and Johnnydun especially,who mentioned Deeman not having posted recently. I’m his long suffering old man and can tell you he is safe and well in Perth, Australia, but is the same loony he always was, but became pissed off at the number of posts on here laced with negativity and decided to call it a day, rather than fall out with the posters concerned.

I,ve only posted on here once before, when I was in shock during Mr McCanns tenure when we were beaten at home by Ayr United, went home with the right hump and posted a negative loaded rant influenced by more than a few Glenmorangies. Deeman aka my third eldest didn’t talk to me for weeks! Although the tactics, team selection and substitutions that day were a joke to my way of thinking,he thought my negativity was wrong.

He came home February for a three week holiday, but didnt realise he needed a visa to get back into Aussie even with dual citizenship, and ended up being here for seven weeks waiting for his visa being processed. He loved it, never missed a game, the last one being our 7-0 win against Accies.

To those who don’t know Deeman nothing I have mentioned might seem unusual but he, like his two younger brothers were born in Bellshill Lanarkshire and were brought up in Blantyre after I left Lochee to live there. They all have West Coast accents and I do too, having lived in Lanarkshire 51 years and it’s not unusual for us to be questioned on our allegiance by Dee fans. Believe me, there are not many diehards of DFC in this neck of the woods but there are about twenty who are regulars home and away which surprises a lot of people. I first went to Dens Park when I was 6 years old and am now 79. My three youngest boys all went from the same age sorrounded by mates who were Gers or Tics. Caused a few probs but they overcame it to become diehard Dees. We travel home and away,went to Perugia as a family, two sons went to Albania, and now Deeman watches crap like Mandurah in Oz with our old number 9 playing for them. Not like the good old days in the 60s and 70s I will never forget.

Mon the Dees

Thank you.

Please pass on our good wishes, a superb poster.

A mighty pat on the back to yourself on bringing up 3 Dees in that neck of the woods.

9 hours ago, Deefox said:

Mon the Dees

Great post. I’ve had the pleasure of meeting Deeman on a couple of occasions and he’s a lovely bloke. I follow him and his family’s  progress in Australia and, hard as his move might have been, it’s been a great move for them. Tell him (and his wee bro) we miss them. Good luck. 

11 hours ago, DensParkNumber1 said:

Very much in same boat as you , was quite involved between like 2012-17 then got a job in the capital and before I knew it I hadn't posted on p&b in 5 years 

Nowadays I'm more of a lurker than a poster but good to see alot of the same names on here 

Personally I really hope the away top is a red with blue combo ala 2000/01 but I know I'm in the minority on that . I'd even take a white , red , blue little number 

Screenshot_20230624_214655_Chrome.jpg

we all know thw away strip is gonna be either white or red but i secretly hope for something completely different an away top with no white blue or red something completely out the ordinary

12 hours ago, Deefox said:

Mon the Dees

This should be projected into the sky at night like a DeeMan signal that after today, he's not as cool as his old man.

Thank you 

12 hours ago, Deefox said:

Mon the Dees

Best post ever 😌

5 hours ago, Lifelongdee said:

we all know thw away strip is gonna be either white or red but i secretly hope for something completely different an away top with no white blue or red something completely out the ordinary

Tangerine?

22 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Is he the guy who couldn’t really run properly? 

It’s the guy who reads all the social media, and said the abuse he got on Dundee boards made him suffer from depression, with this court case sounds like he suffers from paranoia 

1 minute ago, Vernon gilmore said:

It’s the guy who reads all the social media, and said the abuse he got on Dundee boards made him suffer from depression, with this court case sounds like he suffers from paranoia 

Jeez.  Complicated fella.