All things Dundee FC

22 hours ago, Liam899 said:

Right who’s making a sang up?

Tony Portales fits perfectly into 'Seven Nation Army'. As for Pineda, keep hearing his name to the tune of 'Free Nelson Mandela' lol. I'm sure there are more creative ones that can fit a Mexican theme better, but it's a start!

2 minutes ago, Dee Bliss said:

Fleetwood were not half flying into tackles for a friendly. 

no surprise when you have scott brown as their manager...probably demands them to maim atleast one team mate per training session.

21 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Tony Portales fits perfectly into 'Seven Nation Army'. As for Pineda, keep hearing his name to the tune of 'Free Nelson Mandela' lol. I'm sure there are more creative ones that can fit a Mexican theme better, but it's a start!

Surely it’s got to be “tequila” for Peneda, same as Saliba at Arsenal. Topical and hilarious.

thank you. 

12 minutes ago, MarbellaDEE said:

Surely it’s got to be “tequila” for Peneda, same as Saliba at Arsenal. Topical and hilarious.

thank you. 

Aye, that rang through my head too but I feel Pineda sounds too different, though I could see it sticking.

As for Portales, it's another short bit for now but how about this? "Ay-ay-ay-ayyyyy, we've got Tony Portales!"

Hello Dundee supporters it's your friendly neighborhood forfar supporter here - we've had Cammy blacklock on trial since you guys released him and he looks a tidy player, just wondering how he was doing in the youth team or if you knew anything about him for us to expect if he signs?

16 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Hello Dundee supporters it's your friendly neighborhood forfar supporter here - we've had Cammy blacklock on trial since you guys released him and he looks a tidy player, just wondering how he was doing in the youth team or if you knew anything about him for us to expect if he signs?

We never saw too much of Cammy, but he did get a brief cameo for the first team in a League Cup game against Cove Rangers a couple of years back. From the brief times I saw him then or in the reserve team I always thought he was a pretty handy midfielder who could move play forward, but obviously still needed some development. He had a very brief loan stint with Broughty Athletic where he looked to have started well but the loan was ended abruptly. He spent the whole season just past with Highland League side Huntly though and was a regular for them while there, helping them get 8th in the league, which with such a top-heavy league is quite good, 'best-of-the-rest' type stuff there. I was quite surprised we let him go and expected us to re-sign him for at least another year, and my hope had been that he'd get an SPFL loan at a club like Forfar. I think it's a good fit and hopefully he'll be able to continue developing with the Loons if he earns a contract, which it sounds like he should.

17 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Aye, that rang through my head too but I feel Pineda sounds too different, though I could see it sticking.

As for Portales, it's another short bit for now but how about this? "Ay-ay-ay-ayyyyy, we've got Tony Portales!"

Calling on aulder (than me) South Enclosure lads here. When I first started going to Dens in the late 60s I'm sure we had a chant to this song but I cannae remember what it was for the life of me

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

We never saw too much of Cammy, but he did get a brief cameo for the first team in a League Cup game against Cove Rangers a couple of years back. From the brief times I saw him then or in the reserve team I always thought he was a pretty handy midfielder who could move play forward, but obviously still needed some development. He had a very brief loan stint with Broughty Athletic where he looked to have started well but the loan was ended abruptly. He spent the whole season just past with Highland League side Huntly though and was a regular for them while there, helping them get 8th in the league, which with such a top-heavy league is quite good, 'best-of-the-rest' type stuff there. I was quite surprised we let him go and expected us to re-sign him for at least another year, and my hope had been that he'd get an SPFL loan at a club like Forfar. I think it's a good fit and hopefully he'll be able to continue developing with the Loons if he earns a contract, which it sounds like he should.

Cool sounds good especially compared to what I heard about our other current trialist from his former clubs supporters 🤣

Appreciate it. 👍

1 hour ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

Calling on aulder (than me) South Enclosure lads here. When I first started going to Dens in the late 60s I'm sure we had a chant to this song but I cannae remember what it was for the life of me

Frank Skinner said West Brom used to sing a variation on this that went ' we all agree xxxx player is better than pele.... xxx player is better than Eusebio'

So for us '"We all agree Jocky is better than Pele, big John Duncan is better than Eusebio, Dundee United are smelly!"  😛

Edited by Boo Khaki

1 hour ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

My old man did say we'd used that song back in the day, with the lyrics "We all agree - Dundee FC are magic/We all agree - Dundee United are tragic".

It's pretty succinct, in fairness.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

My old man did say we'd used that song back in the day, with the lyrics "We all agree - Dundee FC are magic/We all agree - Dundee United are tragic".

It's pretty succinct, in fairness.

Yip. I’ve sung that one. 

6 hours ago, doogster said:

Do we know how long we've signed Shaughnessy, Tiffoney, Portales and Pineda for? 

Not sure about the Mexicans but everyone appears to be on 2 year deals?

When are the lads arriving, that’s what I want to know. 

17 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Frank Skinner said West Brom used to sing a variation on this that went ' we all agree xxxx player is better than pele.... xxx player is better than Eusebio'

So for us '"We all agree Jocky is better than Pele, big John Duncan is better than Eusebio, Dundee United are smelly!"  😛

Thanks for the reply. I remember the 'we all agree chants' but had it in my head there was a version with the aye aye aye aye bit before that, memory playing tricks again no doubt.