All things Dundee FC

Not been in a situation before where our 3rd choice keeper is now just as good as some of the first choices at our opposing relegation rivals (looking at Ross County in particular but also the likes of Killie, St Johnstone, Livi and indeed, St Mirren where there's not a huge deal in it). 

The goalkeeping department is absolutely stacked now.

Purely as a fan and not looking beyond that in a typical Dundee fashion, you've got to be absolutely delighted in that regard.

21 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

being announced as a 6 figure fee

Those with a knowledge of a Peep Show will recall Superhans' offer to Jez of a 5 figure sum for assisting in a bank robbery..."well, there's a decimal place after the first 3 figures". This sounds like one of those instances where it's 6 figures total, 4 figures actual. 

3 hours ago, RawB93 said:

As far as I can see he played every game of the season except that one which was matchday 38. Does he have OCD for neatness or is he a 35yo baby?

He's a massive ***, So are his family, Was raging they never got to see him play V Rangers or something.

He'll enjoy your renditions of "hullo hullo".

56 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Win win for everyone?

St Mirren get an unhappy player away. Dundee get a proven top flight performer. Carson gets to play against Rangers at Ibrox again.

Is there a chart for goalkeepers you can compare his previous seasons?

4 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Is there a chart for goalkeepers you can compare his previous seasons?

Youd be aswell using FotMob

https://www.fotmob.com/en-GB/leagues/64/stats/season/17806/players/_goals_prevented/premiership-players

Great signing, very happy with that. 

You need good back up in every position to have a successful squad and hopefully McCracken and Carson can push each other to the levels we'll need throughout the season.

Seen alot of comments saying we didn't require another keeper which is miles off. Legzdins was nothing short of abysmal for us in the top league last time and was solely at fault for around 7-8 goals. He's an experienced head and can help around the squad and if we hit an injury problem but that's as far as it goes.

As for Sharp he was nowhere near ready to be our No1 at the start of last season. I remember Morton away where he was so poor but kept a clean sheet and didn't get picked up on it. It was only matter of time before he cost us a match. It finally happened against ICT at home and we never saw him again.

Great signing Docherty, now bring in a fullback of as much quality please.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

'Trevor Carson: Dundee sign goalkeeper from St Mirren for undisclosed fee'

In my opinion the 'undisclosed fee' is 3 purls of sheep shite, as they say in Perth.

It suits the Midden to claim it's a 6 figures but I can't see, in our new prudent period, Keys coughing up significant dosh for anyone.

24 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

So does he start on Saturday?

I'd be starting McCracken. Played really well on Sunday and he'll now know Carsons waiting to step in. The longer we don't see Carson step in could be a good thing as it'll mean McCracken is doing the business.

Thank you.

45 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

I'd be starting McCracken. Played really well on Sunday and he'll now know Carsons waiting to step in. The longer we don't see Carson step in could be a good thing as it'll mean McCracken is doing the business.

Thank you.

Carson will be looking for another move before the 31st then. Just hope his maw and da aren't coming over for the game.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

'Trevor Carson: Dundee sign goalkeeper from St Mirren for undisclosed fee'

In my opinion the 'undisclosed fee' is 3 purls of sheep shite, as they say in Perth.

It suits the Midden to claim it's a 6 figures but I can't see, in our new prudent period, Keys coughing up significant dosh for anyone.

Hibs fans came away with that sort of shite when they signed McGinn.

6 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Carson will be looking for another move before the 31st then. Just hope his maw and da aren't coming over for the game.

Earning your crust in the picturesque Dundee is alot different to wilting away in Paisley. Sure he'll be fine.

Thank you.