All things Dundee FC

As much as Carson has been amazing, it’s now twice he’s almost cost us , surely he knows the rules ? Twice now he’s had the ball passed back to him by a defender passing back with his thigh or knee , now surely he knows if it’s a pass back from knee or above then he can pick it up , but no twice he’s tried to control it with his feet and almost cost , I really hope the goal keeping  coach has had a word with him , Ludo surprised you haven’t mentioned this

Edited by Wee jeemie

11 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

As much as Carson has been amazing, it’s now twice he’s almost cost us , surely he knows the rules ? Twice now he’s had the ball passed back to him by a defender passing back with his thigh or knee , now surely he knows if it’s a pass back from knee or above then he can pick it up , but no twice he’s tried to control it with his feet and almost cost , I really hope the goal kicking coach has had a word with him , Ludo surprised you haven’t mentioned this

Yeah, was a bad mistake on Sunday with the thigh pass near the end, which he ballooned out. Great keeper though, best we've had for, well I can't remember, but it's a long time.

Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

3 hours ago, Dee Bliss said:

Finisher, creative midfielder to play behind the strikers and recall French. 

oui, oui Mr Zidane & Mr Henry. Vous obtiendrez tous les deux un appartement à Riverside et sept grammes par semaine.

That's about as much French as I can recall from high school. Should do the trick though!

16 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Yeah, striker and full back for sure, and see where we are with loans in (i.e. Beck, maybe return outsiders like Lewis) and injuries come January. Maybe send Pineda out on loan to a part-time side i.e. Arbroath, keeps him training here most of the time for Portales.

Or maybe actually give him some meaningful game time here first????

1 hour ago, Spikethedee said:

Agreed. There's nothing that we have seen in his limited game time that suggests he couldn't be useful so clearly Docherty isn't happy with him in training. The lack of quality Rudden shows...you have to wonder why he hasn't been given a better stab at it.

Edited by Pens_Dark

26 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

It's absolutely crazy that some Dundee fans are convinced that he was only signed to stop Portales from being alone!!

His signing alone will be costing us a couple hundred grand. A lot of money for a wee club like us to be spending.  He's here to play not to be Portales mate!!!

9 hours ago, Derryboy62 said:

It's absolutely crazy that some Dundee fans are convinced that he was only signed to stop Portales from being alone!!

His signing alone will be costing us a couple hundred grand. A lot of money for a wee club like us to be spending.  He's here to play not to be Portales mate!!!

Sounds like something Diego Pineda would say.

20 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

The Bonetti's will also be in attendance.

Bonetti's won't get off the bench if Jocky is managing the team.

Love Jocky but the man knows how to hold a grudge. :lol:

10 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Guess wha's back in cherge?

Is this testimonial going to be ruined by playing against a Celtic B side who take it far too seriously? Or are they sending a legends side too?

Doc's assistant has come out in support of Robinson saying that Dundee 'know goals are coming' for Robinson. I wonder whether he will start tomorrow and whether he has got over the knock that he had been carrying since the start of the season. I'd probably stick with Rudden for energy alongside Bakayoko tomorrow with Robinson featuring from the bench.