All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Pens_Dark said:

Doc's assistant has come out in support of Robinson saying that Dundee 'know goals are coming' for Robinson. I wonder whether he will start tomorrow and whether he has got over the knock that he had been carrying since the start of the season. I'd probably stick with Rudden for energy alongside Bakayoko tomorrow with Robinson featuring from the bench. 

Agree with the starters but think Pineda deserves at least 30 minutes to see what he can offer.

On 08/11/2023 at 22:01, Wee jeemie said:

As much as Carson has been amazing, it’s now twice he’s almost cost us , surely he knows the rules ? Twice now he’s had the ball passed back to him by a defender passing back with his thigh or knee , now surely he knows if it’s a pass back from knee or above then he can pick it up , but no twice he’s tried to control it with his feet and almost cost , I really hope the goal keeping  coach has had a word with him , Ludo surprised you haven’t mentioned this

I wonder if Carson had just lost a bit of concentration and wasn’t sure if the player had “used a deliberate trick” to pass the ball back with his thigh.  He couldn’t handle the ball if that was the case.  Other than not knowing the rules (surely not?!) it’s the only thing I can think of.

50 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I wonder if Carson had just lost a bit of concentration and wasn’t sure if the player had “used a deliberate trick” to pass the ball back with his thigh.  He couldn’t handle the ball if that was the case.  Other than not knowing the rules (surely not?!) it’s the only thing I can think of.

Think we are getting a bit carried away about this. He wasn’t sure so rather than risk anything he cleared it in a way that was ‘legal’. 

In other news I used the services of Dundee FC sponsors Drain Blitz today to clear the drains at our new office. If anyone needs this sort of service I can’t recommend them highly enough, absolutely brilliant service, turned up when they said they would, went above and beyond and didn’t rip me off either. 
It’s a shite job (literally) but I’d say they are number 1 in the number 2 business. 

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

7 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Think we are getting a bit carried away about this. He wasn’t sure so rather than risk anything he cleared it in a way that was ‘legal’. 

In other news I used the services of Dundee FC sponsors Drain Blitz today to clear the drains at our new office. If anyone needs this sort of service I can’t recommend them highly enough, absolutely brilliant service, turned up when they said they would, went above and beyond and didn’t rip me off either. 
It’s a shite job (literally) but I’d say they are number 1 in the number 2 business. 

That’s exactly what I was saying.  If he had paid attention he would have been sure.

ETA Assuming his view wasn’t blocked of course.

Edited by Shadow Play

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

That’s exactly what I was saying.  If he had paid attention he would have been sure.

ETA Assuming his view wasn’t blocked of course.

Sorry - I was agreeing with you but I worded it badly. Best keeper we’ve had in donkeys yonks. 

5 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I agree, he’s doing well tonight. Just a wee recall away from Dunfermline. 

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

Scrap that. He’s just thrown one in 😂😂😂

I’m hearing Reilly to Arbroath on the cards in January. 

Absolute jinx.

Unfortunately, doesn't look like Sharp will make it. We've a decent recent history of producing top end League 1 and middling Championship keepers with Kyle Gourlay, Calum Ferrie and now Sharp.

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Unfortunately, doesn't look like Sharp will make it. We've a decent recent history of producing top end League 1 and middling Championship keepers with Kyle Gourlay, Calum Ferrie and now Sharp.

Seems to have been the way of things with our entire youth set-up for the past 15 years at least. I might be missing someone, but in all honesty I think the last genuinely top league capable player Dundee produced was in the era of Kevin McDonald, Paul Dixon, and Scott Robertson.

Kerr has never been up to it at the top level, I don't think Anderson or Cameron will make it either. Mulligan perhaps, but he has to grow a lot as a footballer and really nail down a full-time position. Wighton ultimately fell far short of what he promised at 16, and Griffiths wasn't a Dundee youth.

Pretty poor stuff. It does seem to have picked up a wee bit in the past few years, so perhaps just a matter of time.

Edit - Knew I'd forget someone, and I suppose Craig Forsyth was a few years after McDonald and Co, and although he didn't play for us in the top flight I don't think there's any doubt he would have been more than capable.

Edited by Boo Khaki

6 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Seems to have been the way of things with our entire youth set-up for the past 15 years at least. I might be missing someone, but in all honesty I think the last genuinely top league capable player Dundee produced was in the era of Kevin McDonald, Paul Dixon, and Scott Robertson.

Kerr has never been up to it at the top level, I don't think Anderson or Cameron will make it either. Mulligan perhaps, but he has to grow a lot as a footballer and really nail down a full-time position. Wighton ultimately fell far short of what he promised at 16, and Griffiths wasn't a Dundee youth.

Pretty poor stuff. It does seem to have picked up a wee bit in the past few years, so perhaps just a matter of time.

Edit - Knew I'd forget someone, and I suppose Craig Forsyth was a few years after McDonald and Co, and although he didn't play for us in the top flight I don't think there's any doubt he would have been more than capable.

With regards to Anderson being n my head he’s still this young raw footballer, he’s 22!!! In life I know that’s still a baby really but in terms of football years fairly middling, I’d still keep my eyes on him though there talent that of that I’m sure, it’s only really been the last few years that Mark Ohara has started to kick on so he may well be the same

eta- just realised all of our young talent is 20 plus, MAD!! It was just yesterday a squeeky voiced Roberson won YPOTY

Edited by D TOTAL

6 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Finlay Robertson...

7 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Grim, but true.

Even worse when Utd have snapped up local lads and made money from sell on's etc

9 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Add to the "will not make it" pile, IMO.

Turns 21 today, as does Josh Mulligan, and if you aint playing regular football at that age it isn't a great sign.

Fairly convinced he'll be a top flight player for most of his career and end up at a Aberdeen/Hearts/Hibs, but aye probably missing the boat now if he wants to get higher.

Anderson is Ross Callachan and will have a similar Championsip/lower half Premiership peak.

Cameron i dunno, never really see him play much.