All things Dundee FC

Wee bit disappointed with that. We've started playing with wingers recently and I think he'd be a better option than Costelloe when he's fit tbh.

20 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Wee bit disappointed with that. We've started playing with wingers recently and I think he'd be a better option than Costelloe when he's fit tbh.

I think of it in the way that Costelloe isn't our player, so we can drop him in and out of the squad as required. Charlie Reilly is our contracted player, still raw and a lot to do in terms of developing. Get him regular game time and let him come back stronger in preparation for the new season.

In all fairness to Reilly we should have had him out somewhere on a season long loan. 

43 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

In all fairness to Reilly we should have had him out somewhere on a season long loan. 

I reckon the 6 months with us will have done him good. Get used to the standard of his teammates, full time training etc. Now he has a chance to use that to his benefit in the Championship which is still a higher level than he's played at (sub apps for us aside).

My only negatives are he's going to a team who are white dog shite this season and playing under an utter c**t of a man.

6 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

I reckon the 6 months with us will have done him good. Get used to the standard of his teammates, full time training etc. Now he has a chance to use that to his benefit in the Championship which is still a higher level than he's played at (sub apps for us aside).

My only negatives are he's going to a team who are white dog shite this season and playing under an utter c**t of a man.

Yeah that is a good point. Get him exposed to this level and then get him out to play more minutes.

I pretty much just trust Docherty in how he sees it best to develop our young players to be honest. 

I think it is a mad that we have let Reilly leave on loan. He is such an exciting player. Quickest in the team, technical, so many effective  dribbles and wins so many fouls. Changed the game at Hearts, Ross County and Kilmarnock. He is definitely our best winger. Does it then mean we are ditching the the 4-3-3? We now only have 2 wingers. Arbroath of all teams is strange. Rubbish to watch and he will get no service. Arbroath are part time and close so he can still train with us but he should be starting for us. Lowry or Lovelace on loan and sign Lamie. Need another winger now.

2 hours ago, RawB93 said:

Arbroath being part time means he'll also still train with you.

24 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

I think it is a mad that we have let Reilly leave on loan. He is such an exciting player. Quickest in the team, technical, so many effective  dribbles and wins so many fouls. Changed the game at Hearts, Ross County and Kilmarnock. He is definitely our best winger. Does it then mean we are ditching the the 4-3-3? We now only have 2 wingers. Arbroath of all teams is strange. Rubbish to watch and he will get no service. Arbroath are part time and close so he can still train with us but he should be starting for us. Lowry or Lovelace on loan and sign Lamie. Need another winger now.

A wee ’sorry Spuddy’ would’ve been nice!! Only kidding. 
he trained all last season with us so he should be plenty used to a higher level of training by now. I don’t think he’s been quite as good as you think he has, not crap you understand, but it’s often a bit easier to come on against tiring defences and look half decent for 5 minutes. 
Clearly the Doc thinks he needs this and in the Doc I trust. 

3 hours ago, Fifespud said:

A wee ’sorry Spuddy’ would’ve been nice!! Only kidding. 
he trained all last season with us so he should be plenty used to a higher level of training by now. I don’t think he’s been quite as good as you think he has, not crap you understand, but it’s often a bit easier to come on against tiring defences and look half decent for 5 minutes. 
Clearly the Doc thinks he needs this and in the Doc I trust. 

Maybe Docherty doesn't want to throw him in if he's not fully fit. I just couldn't believe he would go to Arbroath. Bottom of the league and don't play great football. Scott Allan went and didn't get even one assist as the ball just kept going over his head. Airdrie or Partick would have been the best loan move

1 hour ago, LM_0803 said:

Anyone know if Beck is fit for tomorrow? 

Pretty sure he is. Was in light training on Tuesday I believe and Doc said he was expected back in full training before the game. Said his groin issues have been reoccurring all season and they've just had to keep it monitored.

Tiffoney was also in light training, but I assume he'll be fine too.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

8 hours ago, peebles_Dee said:

Maybe Docherty doesn't want to throw him in if he's not fully fit. I just couldn't believe he would go to Arbroath. Bottom of the league and don't play great football. Scott Allan went and didn't get even one assist as the ball just kept going over his head. Airdrie or Partick would have been the best loan move

Can only assume that it's due to how close Arbroath is - maybe he will keep training with us at least a few days a week.  

People might put this down to the recency of the defeat, or me being reactionary, but today wasn't good enough. Hibs aren't real Madrid, they are an average team but we were useless today.

I get top 6 wasn't the aim beforehand, but I can't get on board with us having a great season according to other fans and the media. We've been okay so far, sometimes better and alot of times worse. 

How Cameron and Bakayoko get a game every week  is beyond me. Did bakayoko even have a shot today? 

Don't even get me started on Donnelly, would drop him and Carson personally. 

Big game against a good Killie team next Saturday, can't be going without a win against Hibs, st mirren and killie if we have any aspirations of top 6. 

4 minutes ago, LM_0803 said:

People might put this down to the recency of the defeat, or me being reactionary, but today wasn't good enough. Hibs aren't real Madrid, they are an average team but we were useless today.

I get top 6 wasn't the aim beforehand, but I can't get on board with us having a great season according to other fans and the media. We've been okay so far, sometimes better and alot of times worse. 

How Cameron and Bakayoko get a game every week  is beyond me. Did bakayoko even have a shot today? 

Don't even get me started on Donnelly, would drop him and Carson personally. 

Big game against a good Killie team next Saturday, can't be going without a win against Hibs, st mirren and killie if we have any aspirations of top 6. 

I get that people will say survival is the main aim, and they would be correct. However, we shouldn't be content with the performance of today just because we aren't stinking the league out at the bottom...Doc needs to switch up the team a bit more. No idea what Carson was playing at with their first, the half ends 0-0 if he doesn't make a mess of it. 

Give McCracken a run in the team, otherwise what's the point in signing him? 

Given that 2 of our remaining games are against the OF, the 2 point gap to Hibs and 5 point gap to Aberdeen (who we play twice) I'm not so optimistic that we get top 6. 

Carson

McGhee   Portales   Donnelly
Costelloe                                         Beck

Robertson   Sylla   Boateng

McCowan

Mellon