All things Dundee FC

Well done to Tony Docherty and the team on top 6. Clearly some will scoff at us ‘over celebrating’, whatever that fucking means. 

At the start of the season I had us down as having a sneaky chance at the top 6. In reality we should have had it sewn up much sooner. That’s not a negative - that’s how good this team can be. Top 6 is done but we can definitely aim to finish the season higher, Docherty will be quietly thinking so. 

The manager and the club did spectacularly well over the course of the season to build a team that the fans could be proud of. The squad as a whole - not just the starting 11. One of the main things that had made us get top 6 is our ability to bounce back. Rarely, maybe never, have we had back to back losses in the league - I may be wrong on that.

I love watching this team play because it just looks so coached, so deliberately put together. Plenty seasons gone by we’ve had a team that looks so disjointed. 

Like others have said there aren’t many I would say I would like to leave, that’s testament to what has been built here. Yes, we need to strengthen our defence come next season but who cares right now? Let’s give top 6 a right good go and see where it takes us. 

Sign-Donnelly, McCracken, Robinson and Boateng. Re-loan-Costelloe, Mellon and Beck (til Christmas if we get Europe)

Mellon looked more confident than usual and was better on the ball. Would like to see him get more game time. Robinson is still 21 which people forget. Has potential to have a great career so we should sign.

I would absolutely love it if we signed Robinson. He's had a pretty disastrous second loan spell so it'd be a very understated signing but I think, with the right coaching, there'll be a top player in Robinson long term.

It's not went well at all for him this time round but for my money, he's still the most talented striker we have on the books. Just needs a lot of work, a lot of time and a lot of love.

100% sign Robinson. 

Can see players improve as time goes by, so great credit to Tony Doc and his staff for their coaching methods. 

Beck came on leaps and bounds,

Costelloe’s defensive work has greatly improved,

The Derry Viera’s come on to a great game,

Tiffoney is improving with each game 👌

46 minutes ago, Dee Bliss said:

100% sign Robinson. 

Can see players improve as time goes by, so great credit to Tony Doc and his staff for their coaching methods. 

Beck came on leaps and bounds,

Costelloe’s defensive work has greatly improved,

The Derry Viera’s come on to a great game,

Tiffoney is improving with each game 👌

Tiffoney has tended to be one of the first ones subbed during most games this season but there's definitely a good player there. Felt we should've kept him on and subbed bakayoko off instead as he didn't do much for me but I could see why at 1-0 hibs TD threw 2 strikers on.

Even though he had some poor kicking again today I'd definitely look to sign McCracken, and Boateng, considering he'd not been given a proper chance in a while after an impressive start. Would be nice to see more of Robertson and Mellon in the next few weeks though, and mulligan being fit again soon is a bonus. 

Would be nice to see us give it a good go on Wednesday too, hopefully with a point to prove.

7 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I would absolutely love it if we signed Robinson. He's had a pretty disastrous second loan spell so it'd be a very understated signing but I think, with the right coaching, there'll be a top player in Robinson long term.

It's not went well at all for him this time round but for my money, he's still the most talented striker we have on the books. Just needs a lot of work, a lot of time and a lot of love.

And played as a striker.

14 hours ago, Der Panzer said:

A lovely GIRFUY to the Sevco, Tom English and the other weegie journos.

Thank You 

IMG_1240.jpeg

Superb.  He looks like a lifeguard there which is appropriate because this season McCowan has saved me from the ails and the ills and from other things 🎶

9 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

It's an innovative strategy to scrimp on the pitch/stadium to help improve the squad. Aberdeen and Hibernian take note.

I believe both clubs you have named will have spent more on their squad than Dundee have.  Perhaps it is not all about the amount of money you spend. 

IMG_3128.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I believe both clubs you have named will have spent more on their squad than Dundee have.  Perhaps it is not all about the amount of money you spend. 

IMG_3128.jpeg

Yes I accept that it's a combination. Dundee maximized their potential both on and off the pitch, by hook and by crook you might say. Hibernian and Aberdeen bombed this season and you've taken full advantage to achieve your dreams of making the top-6. I tip my hat.

Fair play to Dundee for getting top 6. Pretty much the blueprint we need to follow for next season, including changing the manager that won you promotion.  Which we won't do. Oh well

Dundee lose all their games after the split.

St Johnstone win all their games after the split.

St Johnstone end the season with more points.

so_good.jpg.3a298abe6197b0d8164216b93587a0e5.jpg

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think Sainties are going to struggle big time after the split and the home game (I assume) against Ross County will be pivotal. Lifelong Dee fan Si Murray to provide the coup de grace. 

39 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

And no one, except the st Johnstone weirdos, will bother one single bit. 

39 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Fair play to Dundee for getting top 6. Pretty much the blueprint we need to follow for next season, including changing the manager that won you promotion.  Which we won't do. Oh well

I had said this a few weeks back that United should do the brave move and get shot of him come end of season, a ‘thanks but cya later’. I wouldn’t trust Goodwin one bit with a budget to sign players to compete in the premiership, much like I wouldn’t have trusted Bowyer at Dundee…with hindsight of course. At the time practically every Dundee fan was thinking what are we doing? Worked out for the best in the end.

41 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I think Sainties are going to struggle big time after the split and the home game (I assume) against Ross County will be pivotal. Lifelong Dee fan Si Murray to provide the coup de grace. 

Watching County just now, they look alright, far better than Perth FC, who are heading for the play-off. IMO.