All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

10 goals in that team was an absolute miracle, Mcdaid produced the square root of fcuk all, Jamie Ness could play 2 games in a row, Byrne is Byrne , cranckshaw was injured straight away, Dorrans tbf to him registered 6 assists but went missing sometimes,

so like I say 10 goal Hemmings = tireless miracle worker

Still think that's one of the most baffling Dundee sides I've watched. Large squad and budget (Comparatively speaking), and spent most of August to January practically unable to get out of our own half regardless of who we were playing, Home, or Away. Forster being a liability and Meekings clearly being nowhere near over the injury gubbed us. I remember watching us play at Palmerston with a midfield pair of Dorrans and 16 year old Finn Roberston, and the ball just get launched over their heads in both directions for the entirety. Utterly grim stuff. Think that was the game where Dobbie beat Jack Hamilton with a low snapshot from about 30 yards out, JH went doon in instalments, got nowhere near it, and it went in the bottom corner. Every bit of that side just screamed "we are in serious bother".

31 minutes ago, jakedee said:

His positional sense on crosses can be a bit suspect,but...I've yet to see him beaten 1 on 1. To describe him as "awful defensively" is, as previously stated, must be a wind up.

I think if we actually played with a proper holding midfielder, Portales might not be a bad option there. He's at his best reading the play and getting into a gap to break up the play, rather than being a great last-gasp stopper, but I suppose that sort of thing is really Sylla's job anyway. Still, he's comfortable enough on the ball that I reckon he'd be perfectly decent in that role.

49 minutes ago, HulltoonDee said:

Goals talk, Murray will hopefully ne here soon. 

I'd trust Hemmings to score more over a season if the two got similar service tbh.

Bruce Anderson looks like he's going to Kilmarnock.

Hemmings would suits our style of play better than Murray. Murray’s goals a similar to Mellons style of play and we didn’t get the best out of him. Although Hemmings would suit our style of play he would do better if we are playing a 4-3-3

Just for the record, there's absolutely no chance, even if we were interested Hemmings would return. He suffered badly with his mental health last time round from being away from his family. He's also still in talks to stay with Stevenage as announced on their website. 

16 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I think if we actually played with a proper holding midfielder, Portales might not be a bad option there. He's at his best reading the play and getting into a gap to break up the play, rather than being a great last-gasp stopper, but I suppose that sort of thing is really Sylla's job anyway. Still, he's comfortable enough on the ball that I reckon he'd be perfectly decent in that role.

Thought we looked at our best with Boateng and Sylla in a 4231. Might be worth a go with Portales as part of the 2. He's really good as a right centre half, any other position I've seen hasn't worked for him though.  

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Just for the record, there's absolutely no chance, even if we were interested Hemmings would return. He suffered badly with his mental health last time round from being away from his family. He's also still in talks to stay with Stevenage as announced on their website. 

He's also 32, and as a player who was always reliant on being physical, I'm no sure I'd take the risk of him lasting even one season at Premiership level. Legs can go at any point at that age, and if he was really still all that, I'm no sure why Stevenage would even let his contract run down in the first place.

Premier Sports Cup groups in full

Group A - Aberdeen, Airdrieonians, Queen of the South, Dumbarton, East Kilbride

Group B - Dundee United, Ayr United, Falkirk, Stenhousemuir, Buckie Thistle

Group C - Hibernian, Queen's Park, Kelty Hearts, Peterhead, Elgin City

Group D - Dundee, Inverness Caledonian Thistle, Arbroath, Annan Athletic, Bonnyrigg Rose

Group E - Livingston, Dunfermline Athletic, Cove Rangers, The Spartans, Forfar Athletic

Group F - St Johnstone, Greenock Morton, Alloa Athletic, East Fife, Brechin City

Group G - Motherwell, Partick Thistle, Montrose, Edinburgh City, Clyde

Group H - Ross County, Raith Rovers, Hamilton Academical, Stirling Albion, Stranraer

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz................

Arbroath twice in pre-season then. 

They need to bring in some big Spanish or German clubs or something, or have an alligator-filled moat around the pitch to rejuvenate this utterly pointless diddy-tournament.

It's been mentioned on DBF that we'll be playing our "home" games in the League Cup group away from Dens because the pitch won't be ready in time.

I assume that means Gayfield or McDiarmid. 

49 minutes ago, The Master said:

It's been mentioned on DBF that we'll be playing our "home" games in the League Cup group away from Dens because the pitch won't be ready in time.

Kelty. 

8 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Kelty. 

Everyone just turn up at Kelty and we can get a couple of kick abouts organised and just settle the season on the day.

1 hour ago, The Master said:

Can't see it being McDiarmid. You agreed a fee with us to make sure it was ready and staffed for you previously, then never bothered paying it.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Can't see it being McDiarmid. You agreed a fee with us to make sure it was ready and staffed for you previously, then never bothered paying it.

Well, that’s your club’s version of events anyway. 

Just now, The Master said:

Well, that’s your club’s version of events anyway. 

Why would they bother lying about that and taking it to the authorities for a hearing that costs money?

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That's because you must still be minted from your "Double" winning season, surely?

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Why would they bother lying about that and taking it to the authorities for a hearing that costs money?

Ah, the old “it must be true because there’s no reason to lie” fallacy.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, The Master said:

Ah, the old “it must be true because there’s no reason to lie” fallacy.

Are you trying to say that the club claiming they weren't paid, who reported it to the authorities with paperwork proof and got approval from them to call the other club to a hearing to find out why they didn't pay, are lying?

Even when Dundee are aware of the stories, and have never refuted them?

Are you genuinely that blinkered?

Edited by RandomGuy.