All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Ricki Lamie to be 'released' Doc's saying there'll be confirmation in a few days:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ryan-jack-transfer-confession-rangers-33123419?s=08

@capt_oats You lads keeping him?

That's even stranger.

Thought most were working on the assumption that the pre-contract (which is really just a handshake and a promise amyway) didn't follow through to him actually signing when his Motherwell deal expired.

But that sounds like he formally signed and they are now working on the terms of his release. 

I've a horrible feeling we've signed Lamie.

We're desperate for experienced CBs and Levein talked yesterday about some coming in.

He seems the type who's jump from any club telling him he won't be a starter to any club telling him he'll be first choice.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've a horrible feeling we've signed Lamie.

We're desperate for experienced CBs and Levein talked yesterday about some coming in.

He seems the type who's jump from any club telling him he won't be a starter to any club telling him he'll be first choice.

My first thought yesterday was that he has signed with St Johnstone. Why would he leave us to go sign for Airdrie? It doesn’t make sense apart from being closer to home. 

No sleep lost here with him leaving at all. 

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

@capt_oats You lads keeping him?

:lol:

It’d be a funny bit but between Balmer, Casey, McGinn, Gordon, Blaney and O’Donnell we’re fairly well covered.

Koutroumbis can apparently drop into a back 3 as well.

I don’t think Kettlewell had any real opinion on Lamie as a player. His loan to you guys was entirely about getting his wage off our books.

Having said that, I’d be surprised if we were in any sort of a rush to get him back in.

Edited by capt_oats

14 hours ago, peebles_Dee said:

Burnley were meant to have a huge influence on our playing squad but the transfers and rumoured transfers are either mins from other clubs or older players like Roberson and Murray

Surely you don't want Burnley flooding your team with their hopefuls? 

39 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

Surely you don't want Burnley flooding your team with their hopefuls? 

Depends whether they are decent like Mellon and Dodgson, meh like Costelloe or entirely fictional like Lewis.

Just now, Girth said:

Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

Sounds like we've improved on him by getting Robertson in. Very odd behaviour to commit to a pre-contract, twice and then change your mind. Maybe from us this time round?

Delighted Lamie isn't signing. A decision i always thought was wrong so this is a good turn of events. 

He was dreadful with the ball at his feet and very average. Lets hope for better. 

Thank you. 

5 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Sounds like we've improved on him by getting Robertson in. Very odd behaviour to commit to a pre-contract, twice and then change your mind. Maybe from us this time round?

Yeah. Two weird incidents with the pre contract. We have signed better and will only improve. 

Thank you. 

Edited by Girth

10 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

He seems like he won't stay anywhere if he's not first choice? 

So probably a win win for you both really. You get his wage off the book and a better player in your line up, he gets to find first team football somewhere else without needing to convince someone to spend a fee to get him.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He seems like he won't stay anywhere if he's not first choice? 

So probably a win win for you both really. You get his wage off the book and a better player in your line up, he gets to find first team football somewhere else without needing to convince someone to spend a fee to get him.

Yeah, I would say it is a win-win for both. 

Great decision by the club. Look forward to seeing how Luke Graham plays. 

Warner, Jack, Gálvez, Murray, Another striker and another target man but technical striker. I even think Robertson and Anderson will improve and become important. What was it Docherty said about Beck yesterday? I could see h8. Coming back on loan until January if his injury is bad.

That’s some serious money being thrown about by our owners if that list is true 

TBH I’d be wanting a portion of that thrown at Cameron and McCowan so if/when they move on the club gets well rewarded.

It also doesn’t add up with stubbornly low season ticket sales. I can’t see crowds growing until the new stadium is a definite on the horizon at least 

Bit of a catch 22 but massively impressive if this is the market we’re looking at