All things Dundee FC

Not sure why you lads saw it fit to sign Teijsse; he's never played higher than the fourth tier of Dutch football, where teams train three times a week at most. His twin brother Kenny is a limited defender who was released by Sparta Rotterdam after a lacklustre season, but rebounded at Go Ahead Eagles last campaign.

However, this Yordy lad? Wouldn't expect too much, he'll have issues keeping up with a squad that features plenty of professional experience and the busier Scottish calendar.

To be fair, I won't mind if he's shite. I like when we sign a player no-ones ever heard of. Makes you look forward to seeing them in action for the first time even if it does lead to you being disappointed.

A "Gary Paterson" type signing, if you will.

Signed from Lochore Welfare for a £1000 and a set of tracksuits, scores a bullet header 9 mins into debut at Pittodrie, later outpaced by a near pension age Stewart Mckimmie to a through ball despite having a 10 yard start.

Unsurprisingly shunted into defence not long after :lol:

To be fair, I won't mind if he's shite. I like when we sign a player no-ones ever heard of. Makes you look forward to seeing them in action for the first time even if it does lead to you being disappointed.

It's a low risk signing if it's been done in the same vein as Gadzhalov who's apparently one of our lowest earners. We've apparently been watching him since the beginning of last season so there seems to be some degree of 'research' into him anyways.

Well put Ludo. I'd take one random Spaniard/Italian/Dutch guy whatever every season. As you say it gives you hope over the summer that you just might be in for something special. Like Cabellero, Arturo (Javier), Nenzadze etc.

Not sure why you lads saw it fit to sign Teijsse; he's never played higher than the fourth tier of Dutch football, where teams train three times a week at most. His twin brother Kenny is a limited defender who was released by Sparta Rotterdam after a lacklustre season, but rebounded at Go Ahead Eagles last campaign.

However, this Yordy lad? Wouldn't expect too much, he'll have issues keeping up with a squad that features plenty of professional experience and the busier Scottish calendar.

You can fûck right off with this sort of down to earth realistic analysis.

We are dreamers my friend 😊

Quick Boys are based near me in Katwijk, which is a cross between Broughty Ferry and Whitfield...

There is a brief interview with him on the Dutch Football International web page and he seems keen. From the interview

- he was in the youth team of Almere City (Dutch 2nd Division) , but did not make it there due to knee problems...

- Telstar (another 2nd Division team) were interested in him. The agreement though with Quick boys was that he could leave if he found a new club before 1st June and he thought that the Dutch clubs would take a while to offer a contract.

- The deal is for 2 years and the manager has told him that he should not feel any pressure for the first year and that he should just enjoy himself.

- He is aiming to be a first team player next season and likes the look of the town

Putting it all together it looks like we are taking a chance on someone who has had injury problems in the past, but is desperate to grasp his last chance to be a pro footballer. Sounds to me that he has his head screwed on properly, but I have a few friends here who work in the horeca branch and I'll see if they have any gossip on his nocternal activities...

With the new flight having opened between Dundee and Amsterdam, it might be that we can temp a few more Dutch lads over.

Played for Almere, where Real Madrid target Rodney Sneijder left to join Dundee United, before coming down and realising they're shite.

Greg Stewart had never played higher than Cowdenbeath and trained twice (?) a week.

Player of the year nominee two seasons running with Dundee.

All of which while being older than Yordi is, now.

I'm certainly not writing him off based on where he's signed from. Ian Wright was about the same age before he was given a chance at professional.

Quick Boys are based near me in Katwijk, which is a cross between Broughty Ferry and Whitfield...

There is a brief interview with him on the Dutch Football International web page and he seems keen. From the interview

- he was in the youth team of Almere City (Dutch 2nd Division) , but did not make it there due to knee problems...

- Telstar (another 2nd Division team) were interested in him. The agreement though with Quick boys was that he could leave if he found a new club before 1st June and he thought that the Dutch clubs would take a while to offer a contract.

- The deal is for 2 years and the manager has told him that he should not feel any pressure for the first year and that he should just enjoy himself.

- He is aiming to be a first team player next season and likes the look of the town

Putting it all together it looks like we are taking a chance on someone who has had injury problems in the past, but is desperate to grasp his last chance to be a pro footballer. Sounds to me that he has his head screwed on properly, but I have a few friends here who work in the horeca branch and I'll see if they have any gossip on his nocternal activities...

With the new flight having opened between Dundee and Amsterdam, it might be that we can temp a few more Dutch lads over.

Some pedigree.

Amateur......yip.

I'm not that up on my Dutch football but isn't he simply a part time/semi pro player from the equivalent to our league 2 as opposed to an amateur in the sense that we would use the word?

I've no idea tbh

I'm not that up on my Dutch football but isn't he simply a part time/semi pro player from the equivalent to our league 2 as opposed to an amateur in the sense that we would use the word?

I've no idea tbh

James Vardy was once a part time player..

If we have been scouting him as thoroughly as we are lead to believe then PH is bound to think he can cut it. I guess we will just have to wait and see!

James Vardy was once a part time player..

If we have been scouting him as thoroughly as we are lead to believe then PH is bound to think he can cut it. I guess we will just have to wait and see!

Yep, I'm not expecting too much from him early on this season - I would think he'll take time to adjust to full time training and to get his fitness levels up to the required levels for the Scottsih game.

I would think a few subby appearances and U20 matches till he gets up to speed.

But a finisher is a finisher and if he can transfer his talent to our league, he could be a good one.  2 year deal feels about right.

Let's hope he follows in the Stewart/Hemmings path rather than the Carreiro, Ferry and Roberts path!