All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Deeboy said:

We seem to pick up youths, keep them a season then release them. Hopefully these two, if kept, can make an impact.

I guess there will be more misses than hits at that age, each year loads of lads don't make the cut and I guess we're trying to find those that 'slip through the net'. There's plenty of examples of guys who were dropped but have come on. If we can find one every few seasons that ends up 'making it' and goes for decent money then it makes sense for the club to give these guys a crack.

We seem to pick up youths, keep them a season then release them. Hopefully these two, if kept, can make an impact.

Very Football Manager of you, I'm a big fan of hoovering up every decent prospect in my games and then releasing the majority a year later.

On 11/07/2016 at 16:47, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

The arsehole hospital porter that gave McPake abuse as he was lying in agony, has been sacked. Thank you.

I really hope the dabs stay down for years just on the strength of some of the comments on this facebook Courier link on the story. What a bunch of bitter b*****ds.

Margaret Smith dishing out the telts big time though...

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1054466064602473&id=231801206868967&comment_id=1054604521255294&notif_t=comment_mention&notif_id=1468411948215103&ref=m_notif

40 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I really hope the dabs stay down for years just on the strength of some of the comments on this facebook Courier link on the story. What a bunch of bitter b*****ds.

Margaret Smith dishing out the telts big time though...

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1054466064602473&id=231801206868967&comment_id=1054604521255294&notif_t=comment_mention&notif_id=1468411948215103&ref=m_notif

Margaret Smith is 100% correct. There is a lot more to it than just the 'banter' nonsense. Was deservedly sacked. IMO.

I know Harkins splits opinions in the support but I'd personally be disappointed to see him go. He's one of the ones who genuinely seems to love the club and although he's not the fastest I would argue he's probably one of if not the most talented players we have at the club. That first game he got the captains armband showed how class he can be and it'll be hard to replace that kind of quality.