All things Dundee FC

Lets play a game.
The task is to name as many 'utterly pointless signings by Paul Hartley' as possible. The prize is absolutely nothing other than a feeling of panic and, possibly, despair.
I'll get us started;
Ricardo Calder
Yordi Teijsse
Marc Klok
Nicky Low
Dylan Carreiro
Rhys Healey
Phil Roberts
Michael Duffy
Daryll Meggatt
Danny Williams

Possibly a little harsh on Nicky Low as his problem was mostly injuries. The rest were completely, utterly useless and no-where near good enough for this level.
You might argue Simon Ferry etc, but guys like that did play 20 odd games so I'd suggest less than 5-10 games in their time here being the key marker of standard.
Am I missing anyone obvious? 
ETA: Stick Mitchell in the goals and you've got yourself a starting 11 there. Where none of them start. Ever.
Thank you.

Luka the stud tankulic

5e5f3d903355a135f7da837c92c3f7a1.jpg

Few are quite harsh there. Calder was a good player but an absolute Phil Roberts. Carreiro was a player signed for the youth team originally. And Healey was coming onto a game before an injury cut his loan short.

Did anyone see the interview with dario bonetti? The bit i didn't know was the bonettis paid for cabellero with there own money? Surely not?
I'd have the bonetti brothers back especially with "better" owners to work alongside

Seriously? The Bonetti's were shocking managers. Had massive budgets the biggest in the clubs history by far and still couldn't muster a better than 6th place finish.

Played some decent football but f**k they underachieved big time.

Seriously? The Bonetti's were shocking managers. Had massive budgets the biggest in the clubs history by far and still couldn't muster a better than 6th place finish.

Played some decent football but f**k they underachieved big time.

There was a stat during their era where out of the 12 clubs in the league we committed the least amount of fouls but had the most yellow and red cards in the league.

Willie Young the ref has since admitted he purportedly went out his way to wind them up.

I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't some blatant cheating going on against us during that period. Safe to say the Bonetti's didn't go out to endear themselves to anyone other than the fans.

There's a rumour that it was always supposed to be Dario that was the manager but because he couldn't speak English we switched it round. Dunno how true that is but Dario has had a semi-decent track record since then.

Willie Young the ref has since admitted he purportedly went out his way to wind them up.

I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't some blatant cheating going on against us during that period. Safe to say the Bonetti's didn't go out to endear themselves to anyone other than the fans.

There's a rumour that it was always supposed to be Dario that was the manager but because he couldn't speak English we switched it round. Dunno how true that is but Dario has had a semi-decent track record since then.

The treatment the refs dished out to that team was shocking.
I remember McLeish the day before the top of the league game v Hibs about 3 weeks in calling for "a strong referee "
They proceeded to be given everything and I reckon we were down to 9 men. Caballerro sent off for retaliation after Mathias Jack ran 20 yards and cut him just about in two.
From then on it was open season on him and, as Bonetti pointed out it was only a matter of time until he was seriously injured.
Away to St. Mirren in the league cup was another staggering refereeing performance.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's a pity we've missed out on Weighorst again. He was appointed Aab manager in January.

Oh dear.

Morten Wieghorst; really? Not much of a career as a manager... what's to say he's be remotely good enough for us at this stage? I've honestly no idea why so many Dundee fans look back at players like Morten and assume he'll make a great manager, just because he played for us. Heard the same thing about Dariusz pre-Hartley... hasn't even been involved in football for years, let alone managed a club.

And as for Dario and Ivano, get them as far away from the club as possible IMO. We should be looking forward, not back. Just my tuppence worth.

Thank you.

Oh dear.
Morten Wieghorst; really? Not much of a career as a manager... what's to say he's be remotely good enough for us at this stage? I've honestly no idea why so many Dundee fans look back at players like Morten and assume he'll make a great manager, just because he played for us. Heard the same thing about Dariusz pre-Hartley... hasn't even been involved in football for years, let alone managed a club.
And as for Dario and Ivano, get them as far away from the club as possible IMO. We should be looking forward, not back. Just my tuppence worth.
Thank you.

Ffs Liam. I have just messaged Fab Cab on Facebook.

be194ddca0966a8477f21d20d3765e37.jpg

Oh dear.
Thank you.

Morten will end you m8.

11 hours ago, johnnydun said:

You can see the ads now;

Have your children been misbehaving?

Already taken away their games console?

Grounded? Sent to bed early?

Running out of options?

Send them to Dens! 

Watch them cringe at terrible defending! 

Watch them cry at McGowans rants!

Watch their eyes bleed at the shitebaggery football on show!

DUNDEE FC....Punishment for all!

I'm bringing my daughter down from Aberdeen for this, maybe I should reconsider