No campaigners caught telling lies to foreign workers.

Casual Bystander

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/referendum-news/polish-workers-told-by-no-activists-you-would-have-to-leave-an-indy-scotlan.25260906

YES campaigners have demanded an apology from Better Together amid claims that No activists warned Polish and other EU nationals that they would be forced to leave the country if Scotland became independent.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand how they can possibly think that selling pure fabrications to the public will help their cause in any way. Once they're outed as lies, which in these cases is done rather easily, it just breeds mistrust.

You'd think they actually want us to leave.

I don't understand how they can possibly think that selling pure fabrications to the public will help their cause in any way. Once they're outed as lies, which in these cases is done rather easily, it just breeds mistrust. You'd think they actually want us to leave.

Aye, it is borne of deep-placed complacency, imo.

People don't like being told things like this regardless, and when people start asking questions, the credibility just keeps crumbling away.

Miliband, for instance, is now trying to deny he claimed there will have to be border guards despite it now being across a few of the Sunday papers. I mean, that is an argument that I had presumed was redundant years ago.

Archived