Which P & B yes voter is the most seething?

bogsideloyal

Very good, that's the State Pension (as the letter makes perfectly clear) and not relevant here. Are either of you familiar with the concept of a Personal Pension Scheme or an Occupational Pension Scheme? The kind of thing most of us have. That absolutely was not and could not be guaranteed and the pension values of Scottish employees within one would almost certainly have been negatively affected by independence.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good misleading rant though.

Don't get all supercilious and arsey with me sonny, you didn't indicate you meant personal pension.

A personal pension would have been no more or less safe in an indy Scotland than in the UK:

http://www.yesscotland.net/answers/what-would-independence-mean-my-private-pension

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't get all supercilious and arsey with me sonny, you didn't indicate you meant personal pension.

A personal pension would have been no more or less safe in an indy Scotland than in the UK:

http://www.yesscotland.net/answers/what-would-independence-mean-my-private-pension

Good to see you get facts of an independant and non-bias souce.

Seething dosn't cover it, chill out mate.

It's not me that brought it up. Your mate Taza, who would rather call people "stupid" without stopping to consider he might just have made an error was the one who made the claim that all worrying about your pension was "pathetic and needless". You couldn't wait to jump in with your State Pension letter without reading what was said either.

The fact is that had Scotland voted for independence then all the UK national pension funds not already based in England would have relocated to England (and please don't try to sell us nonsense about them moving a brass plate, it's fundamentally not legal for them to hold pension funds outwith the country so they would be obliged to relocate their funds to England). It is inevitable that new pension funds would have needed to be set up in Scotland to deal with the occupational and person pension plans of Scottish employees of Scottish companies, something which incidentally would have taken a lot longer than Alex Salmond's time scale to do. That would have meant pension pots being transferred between companies and inevitably a pile of fees to investment managers to do so not to mention the loss of economies of scale in the much smaller funds Scotland would then hold. Whilst you are correct to say that the schemes might in the longer term have done better or worse in Scotland, thereby in itself admitting that they were certainly not "guaranteed", there is no doubt that the value of the pots would have suffered in the short term just because of fees levied. For anyone due to retire within say 5 years this would have been a major concern and even for those further away, it is undeniably an increased risk and something it is perfectly acceptable to be concerned about.

It's not me that brought it up. Your mate Taza, who would rather call people "stupid" without stopping to consider he might just have made an error was the one who made the claim that all worrying about your pension was "pathetic and needless". You couldn't wait to jump in with your State Pension letter without readign what was said either.

The fact is that had Scotland voted for independence then all the UK national pension funds not already based in England would have relocated to England (and please don't try to sell us nonsense about them moving a brass plate, it's fundamentally not legal for them to hold pension funds outwith the country so they would be obliged to relocate their funds to England). It is inevitable that new pension funds would have needed to be set up in Scotland to deal with the occupational and person pension plans of Scottish employees of Scottish companies, something which incidentally would have taken a lot longer than Alex Salmond's time scale to do. That would have meant pension pots being transferred between companies and inevitably a pile of fees to investment managers to do so not to mention the loss of economies of scale in the much smaller funds Scotland would then hold. Whilst you are correct to say that the schemes might in the longer term have done better or worse in Scotland, thereby in itself admitting that they were certainly not "guaranteed", there is no doubt that the value of the pots would have suffered in the short terms just because of fees levied. For anyone due to retire within say 5 years this would have been a major concern and even for those further away, it is undeniably an increased risk and something it is perfectly acceptable to be concerned about.

*Awaits Confidemus to post something along the lines of your seething*

It's not me that brought it up. Your mate Taza, who would rather call people "stupid" without stopping to consider he might just have made an error was the one who made the claim that all worrying about your pension was "pathetic and needless". You couldn't wait to jump in with your State Pension letter without reading what was said either.

The fact is that had Scotland voted for independence then all the UK national pension funds not already based in England would have relocated to England (and please don't try to sell us nonsense about them moving a brass plate, it's fundamentally not legal for them to hold pension funds outwith the country so they would be obliged to relocate their funds to England). It is inevitable that new pension funds would have needed to be set up in Scotland to deal with the occupational and person pension plans of Scottish employees of Scottish companies, something which incidentally would have taken a lot longer than Alex Salmond's time scale to do. That would have meant pension pots being transferred between companies and inevitably a pile of fees to investment managers to do so not to mention the loss of economies of scale in the much smaller funds Scotland would then hold. Whilst you are correct to say that the schemes might in the longer term have done better or worse in Scotland, thereby in itself admitting that they were certainly not "guaranteed", there is no doubt that the value of the pots would have suffered in the short term just because of fees levied. For anyone due to retire within say 5 years this would have been a major concern and even for those further away, it is undeniably an increased risk and something it is perfectly acceptable to be concerned about.

Given that the EU is trying to facilitate a single market for personal pensions, your scenario is highly unlikely to have an impact. The decision taken in March to postpone the changes and therefore require cross-border schemes to be fully funded (exemptions are possible) are likely to be addressed again next year.

ETA: This funding requirement only applies to defined benefit schemes. How many people have these in this day and age?

Ignoring the obvious hard on Wallace Mercer has for me, are you referring to companies who initimated they would move their registration address?

Moving your registered address is not moving your operations. Also, the scant few companies who did make big boy threats is not every single pension company in existence.

Furthermore, shit expands to fill the space provided. Business is business, for every company that "left" another one would come in. As long as there is a need for service. service will be provided.

This is what I don't get. No won. Granted. it was a tainted win, being achieved through lies and misinformation, but a win nonetheless.

So why are a good deal of No voters so utterly, palpably, completely seething? I'd be fucking DELIGHTED had Yes won.

The side we voted for won the referendum. I am utterly seething.

Looks like the only way Confi can cope with Yes' humiliation is to desperately convince himself that the No voters are seething, although for what reason I'm still not quite sure?

Be specific.

Looks like the only way Confi can cope with Yes' humiliation is to desperately convince himself that the No voters are seething, although for what reason I'm still not quite sure?

Be specific.

It's like a kid when their football team gets beat and instead of going home and crying into their pillow, they cry in front of their mates who support the victors, desperately shouting through the tears, "But you're shit too! You're shit...shit..shit. Admit it! AD FUCKIN MIT IT!!!" before their mammy comes and drags them away saying "there's always next time son".

However here, there isn't a next time.

It's like a kid when their football team gets beat and instead of going home and crying into their pillow, they cry in front of their mates who support the victors, desperately shouting through the tears, "But you're shit too! You're shit...shit..shit. Admit it! AD FUCKIN MIT IT!!!" before their mammy comes and drags them away saying "there's always next time son".

Unless you listen to the clown collective, who are convinced that Labour will lose a lot of seats in Scotland in May :lol:

Almost a week after the event and the NO camp still greetin.

You think that they'd be magnanimous in victory but they probably realise that in reality it's going to be relatively short lived.

F*ck knows what they'll be like when we win the next one. :lol:

You think that they'd be magnanimous in victory but they probably realise that in reality it's going to be relatively short lived.

Don't you just love when the NCC type morons start claiming we are seething for no apparent reason :lol::lol::lol:

We won, get over it. You are seething

Dead and buried probably, like everyone on here.

Be specific.

Unless you listen to the clown collective, who are convinced that Labour will lose a lot of seats in Scotland in May :lol:

^^^ collective verge of tears

#pleasing

GD another clown with leanings towards feardyism. funny how he disappeared when the referendum result was NO

He didn't even remotely disappear. Unlike no-marks like Tubbs and Reynard who disappeared over the horizon when the polls tightened.

Archived