Celtic vs Hamilton Accies - 05/10/14

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deep rooted 'chip on his shoulder' type post .... seek help, it's only football.

The only people with chips on their shoulders right now are the victim Celtic fans, slinking back to their home towns after yet another embarrassment by a provincial team.

Pleasing.

That depends largely on how long it takes them to punt Deila. If only he enjoyed the bombproof sectarian backing reserved for an Irish, Catholic ex-Celtic player - he'd be lauded just for guiding them to a top 6 finish.

Absolutely, well, except for the fact that the shortest lived full time Celtic manager was an ex-Celtic player, a Catholic, granted, he wasn't Irish but his ancestors were from the country next door to where the Pope lives, pretty Cellic minded if you ask me. :rolleyes:

Absolutely, well, except for the fact that the shortest lived full time Celtic manager was an ex-Celtic player, a Catholic, granted, he wasn't Irish but his ancestors were from the country next door to where the Pope lives, pretty Cellic minded if you ask me. :rolleyes:

Lou Macari was sacked because Fergus McCann took over and called the shots - he, wisely, ran a club without pandering much to the bigoted nonsense of its fanbase. Whereas the most successful manager in Celtic's recent history was hounded out of the club, solely by its fans, for having the temerity to be a Scottish Protestant.

Better luck next time.

Lou Macari was sacked because Fergus McCann took over and called the shots - he, wisely, ran a club without pandering much to the bigoted nonsense of its fanbase. Whereas the most successful manager in Celtic's recent history was hounded out of the club, solely by its fans, for having the temerity to be a Scottish Protestant.

Better luck next time.

Exactly, being Cellic minded doesn't make you bombproof. Thanks for backing up my comment.

Was manager for four years at the club, was given a standing ovation by the fans, deservedly, at his last appearance at Celtic Park as manager and speaks highly of his time at Celtic, but yea, hounded. :rolleyes:

Nice try though.

Bit scary that a Morton supporter seems to be interested in what religion the Celtic manager is tbh. I'd never thought to check, although given he is Norwegian I'm going to surmise he's into Norse mythology. He was a Loki appointment after all (PUNS ARE SHITE).

:1eye What a pathetic loser you are. The same manager that stepped down after failing to beat one of the worst rangers teams in decades..Aye hounded because of his religion :lol:

VT :lol:

#headsgone

Exactly, being Cellic minded doesn't make you bombproof. Thanks for backing up my comment.

Was manager for four years at the club, was given a standing ovation by the fans, deservedly, at his last appearance at Celtic Park as manager and speaks highly of his time at Celtic, but yea, hounded. :rolleyes:

Nice try though.

And yet he left because he was hounded out of the club by Celtic fans, enraged by the fact that he wasn't sufficiently 'Celtic-minded'. A group that were delighted to see Tony Mowbray step into the breach left by his hated predecessor... which went well.

The Sectarian Top Trumps doesn't apply to the owners of the club - McCann disregarded Celtic's bigoted fanbase and was slated for it. The fans on the other hand stick rigidly to their preference for Irish catholic ex-players as managers, and judge their appointments on this basis.

Lawwell doesn't have the nerve to deny them though and Deila will be lucky to survive the end of November. Shame really.

Seriously .... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edit: Brave face = common courtesy ... We will most likely lose more games on the way to the title ... I'm not losing any sleep over it.

The seethe on here if we pick up a cup or two along with the title is more likely ...

Happy to take a charity bet that Celtic win the league plus one cup ... say twenty quid to "Help for Heroes" ??

Me and the RNLI will have some of that action. £20, agreed?

:1eye What a pathetic loser you are. The same manager that stepped down after failing to beat one of the worst rangers teams in decades..Aye hounded because of his religion :lol:

Martin O'Neill failed to beat two Rangers sides with dross like Egil Ostenstad and Marvin Andrews in their lineups - with a distinctly mediocre Alex McLeish in charge. Gordon Strachan was a far more successful manager than O'Neill, while slashing a budget O'Neill had massively inflated while at the club.

Yet O'Neill is revered by Celtic fans and Strachan hated, because O'Neill was an Irish Catholic and Strachan was not. Thanks for playing anyway.

Martin O'Neill failed to beat two Rangers sides with dross like Egil Ostenstad and Marvin Andrews in their lineups - with a distinctly mediocre Alex McLeish in charge. Gordon Strachan was a far more successful manager than O'Neill, while slashing a budget O'Neill had massively inflated while at the club.

A few points on this age-old, boring and yet irresistible debate

O'Neill's win percentage was 75.5%

Strachan's win percentage was 65.2%

There is no doubt that Strachan had to downsize the club and did brilliantly, but Rangers did not present him with much of a challenge until 2007-08. The Rangers sides of O'Neill's era were far stronger, but he completely blew them away in 3 of 5 seasons setting SPL records left, right and centre and he lost on the last day in the other two seasons.

I also note that you conveniently mention the likes of Marvin Andrews and Egil Ostenstad, neither of whom were Rangers stalwarts, but fail to mention other Rangers players of the EBT/O'Neill era such as the De Boers, Arteta, Lovenkrands, Klos, Amoruso, Numan, Van Bronckhorst, Mols, Flo, Arveladze, Prso.

A few points on this age-old, boring and yet irresistible debate

O'Neill's win percentage was 75.5%

Strachan's win percentage was 65.2%

There is no doubt that Strachan had to downsize the club and did brilliantly, but Rangers did not present him with much of a challenge until 2007-08. The Rangers sides of O'Neill's era were far stronger, but he completely blew them away in 3 of 5 seasons setting SPL records left, right and centre and he lost on the last day in the other two seasons.

I also note that you conveniently mention the likes of Marvin Andrews and Egil Ostenstad, neither of whom were Rangers stalwarts, but fail to mention other Rangers players of the EBT/O'Neill era such as the De Boers, Arteta, Lovenkrands, Klos, Amoruso, Numan, Van Bronckhorst, Mols, Flo, Arveladze, Prso.

Got to agree with this.

As for the other poster saying McLeish was "distinctly mediocre", I actually think he did a brilliant job at Rangers. Yeah results didn't go the right way in his final season but to win 7 trophies was pretty impressive.

O'Neill was given a ridiculous amount of money to spent. Sure he spent 12 million in a week (Sutton and Valgaeren) and then 12 million on Lennon and Hartson. Good signings but those days are gone.

Wonderful manager for Celtic though. The only time I'd criticise him was 04/05 season when he ballsed up with Juninho coming in, gave Balde a ridiculous contract and left an ageing team for Strachan. Cut him a bit of slack considering Larsson was away and think personal life was a bit in turmoil by 2nd half of season.

The other time O'Neill 'chucked' a league away was the Seville season and being honest I doubt any Celtic fans care that much they lost the league that season. Best achievement in europe by Scottish team since 80s (f**k rangers 0-0 and penalty shootout method carry on).

All in all a great manager who maybe messed up with 1 league title but did more than enough good things.

Strachan was different class for Celtic too but think the fans struggled to adjust to watching Mo Camara when used to Thompson, Gary Caldwell when used to Mjallby etc etc.

Not sure who's fault that is but if it hadn't been done they could have been The Celtic.

Seriously .... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edit: Brave face = common courtesy ... We will most likely lose more games on the way to the title ... I'm not losing any sleep over it.

The seethe on here if we pick up a cup or two along with the title is more likely ...

Happy to take a charity bet that Celtic win the league plus one cup ... say twenty quid to "Help for Heroes" ??

I'll take that bet. I'm an ex-squaddie and thats the only charity I support.

Always amazes me that OF fans rave about getting to Seville and Manchester while conveniently forgetting they got dropped in to the competition after getting pumped in the Champions League. Bit of a consolation cup effort to be honest and not worthy of being compared to the achievements of the 80s sides.

TC83, on 06 Oct 2014 - 02:34, said:

Always amazes me that OF fans rave about getting to Seville and Manchester while conveniently forgetting they got dropped in to the competition after getting pumped in the Champions League.

It's still a hell of an achievement though. There's absolutely no way that this can be denied.

Archived