General Election 2015

Ludo*1

And Labour and the Tories memberships have also gone up in Scotland. Obnviously by a few thousand or so which looks ridiculous in comparison to the SNP increase :lol: but they havent declined as Waffen alleges.

Yeah, can you provide figures for how Labour and Tory memberships have increased in Scotland? I can easily supply you with SNP figures.

I won't hold my breath, you utter crackpot.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, can you provide figures for how Labour and Tory memberships have increased in Scotland? I can easily supply you with SNP figures.

I won't hold my breath, you utter crackpot.

Give your local branch a call and ask for Mr Ancell. He will give you all the figures you like. 8)

But you won't, will you?

Heard actual Labour membership had dropped to only 5k now.

:lol:

Do "membership" figures include the trade unionists that can vote in leadership elections?

Labour report around 190,000 "members" UK wide, I had always assumed this meant full members and not trade union affiliates. If Labour only have 5000 members in Scotland then it's entirely possible that the SNP are now the second biggest political party in the UK behind the Conservatives.

:lol:

Do "membership" figures include the trade unionists that can vote in leadership elections?

Labour report around 190,000 "members" UK wide, I had always assumed this meant full members and not trade union affiliates. If Labour only have 5000 members in Scotland then it's entirely possible that the SNP are now the second biggest political party in the UK behind the Conservatives.

So much ambiguity about who is a Labour member and who isn't but pays dues by being a member of a trade union.

Labour have always shrouded their membership figures in secrecy.

So basically. The SNP might scrape a dozen or so seats up here, Labour will win handsomely in Scotland as usual but that is in spite of the massive ground campaign being launched by the SNP and their balloon inflator army. You think the greens might win a couple of seats in England (they'll lose the one they've got) and Ukip will affect the outcome (it will).

Thankfully we Scots have parked independence once and for all. There wont be another referendum and Nicola isn't in the same league as Salmond in terms of political ability so we will see how she deals with the infiltration of her party by the loony left. It will certainly piss off the kilted tory types that made up the bulk of the party previously.

The tories need to be at least into the late 30s in terms of percentages and they also need to be at least 6% ahead of Labour before they can even dream about a majority. Theyve got no chance of a majority.

Labour will no doubt win in Scotland thanks to the neanderthal vote which secretly hates democracy and longs for the reassurance of a feudal system run by generations of the same families - a world of "know your place" by birth is "fairer" to society's dregs, so long as they don't rub their noses in it by living in a "big hoose". Thankfully they are finally dying out as the lumbering carcass of the Labour movement is recognised as no longer fit for purpose & younger generations no longer have the "ma fai'ther an' his afore him" mindset when it comes to elections.

One other advantage the SNP have (and few will admit it) is their natural tendency to be loaned Tory & Lib Dem votes by local electorates if there's the whiff of a chance of ejecting a Labour MP in the process, or keeping one out. This has little to do with the SNP's soft left "all things to all people" positioning & much to do with the resentment felt by those effectively disenfranchised for decades by the reflex-vote-Labour class no matter how big a trainwreck their candidate. This could prove crucial in a large number of seats. How crucial remains to be seen, especially as the SNP no longer has the Ecks Factor.

You think the Greens will lose Brighton Pavillion? The bookies certainly don't, and that's before taking into account the LibDems being in freefall which in seats they haven't a hope in usually means the Greens pick up their votes out of a vague sense of them being another "nice" party (your average Lib Dem voter being wetter than an otter's pocket). Lucas has enjoyed pretty much a scandal free term (much to my surprise) and has proven a hard working MP. The lunacies of the local Greens on the local council as recorded by Private Eye aside, this should be more than enough combined to ensure whatever token homosexuals the others stand, the Pink vote will remain behind Lucas.

The real interest in this seat is whether the Tories standing the McCann's mouthpiece as their candidate may backfire very badly on them. Tory candidates in the two Brighton seats have traditionally been of the "family values" variety, & they may not take kindly to this one.

Labour will no doubt win in Scotland thanks to the neanderthal vote which secretly hates democracy and longs for the reassurance of a feudal system run by generations of the same families - a world of "know your place" by birth is "fairer" to society's dregs, so long as they don't rub their noses in it by living in a "big hoose". Thankfully they are finally dying out as the lumbering carcass of the Labour movement is recognised as no longer fit for purpose & younger generations no longer have the "ma fai'ther an' his afore him" mindset when it comes to elections.

One other advantage the SNP have (and few will admit it) is their natural tendency to be loaned Tory & Lib Dem votes by local electorates if there's the whiff of a chance of ejecting a Labour MP in the process, or keeping one out. This has little to do with the SNP's soft left "all things to all people" positioning & much to do with the resentment felt by those effectively disenfranchised for decades by the reflex-vote-Labour class no matter how big a trainwreck their candidate. This could prove crucial in a large number of seats. How crucial remains to be seen, especially as the SNP no longer has the Ecks Factor.

You think the Greens will lose Brighton Pavillion? The bookies certainly don't, and that's before taking into account the LibDems being in freefall which in seats they haven't a hope in usually means the Greens pick up their votes out of a vague sense of them being another "nice" party (your average Lib Dem voter being wetter than an otter's pocket). Lucas has enjoyed pretty much a scandal free term (much to my surprise) and has proven a hard working MP. The lunacies of the local Greens on the local council as recorded by Private Eye aside, this should be more than enough combined to ensure whatever token homosexuals the others stand, the Pink vote will remain behind Lucas.

The real interest in this seat is whether the Tories standing the McCann's mouthpiece as their candidate may backfire very badly on them. Tory candidates in the two Brighton seats have traditionally been of the "family values" variety, & they may not take kindly to this one.

Well, this is very true. But I think those bridges were well and truly burned in the referendum campaign.

The SNP will be lucky to double their current seat number. Their share of the vote WILL go up a bit, but that won't mean loads of seats as Labour are still entrenched and this is a general election and it matters. The SNP don't matter in a general election.

Well, this is very true. But I think those bridges were well and truly burned in the referendum campaign.

The SNP will be lucky to double their current seat number. Their share of the vote WILL go up a bit, but that won't mean loads of seats as Labour are still entrenched and this is a general election and it matters. The SNP don't matter in a general election.

Neither do UKIP, you right wing sycophant.

I trust you're a Tory when it comes to a GE?

Yep. And at locals and of course, we elect one of the few constituency tories for Holyrood here. I would have voted for Struan Stevenson if he was still standing at the Europeans but hes away to count his gold and jewels now he's retired so I had a free hit this time really and I called it dead right.

Yep. And at locals and of course, we elect one of the few constituency tories for Holyrood here. I would have voted for Struan Stevenson if he was still standing at the Europeans but hes away to count his gold and jewels now he's retired so I had a free hit this time really and I called it dead right.

<_<

You underestimate how much your rank and file Tory voter despises Labour.

It's not merely a matter of policies, it's the whole miasma of corruption that goes hand in hand whenever they get to drag their knuckles along the corridors of powers: the numbers of council workers being dismissed/mysteriously resigning & replaced by people who just happen to be Labour members or members of councillors' families; the contracts which just happen to go exclusively to party members' relatives or donors.

Yes, other parties are guilty of this as well, but there's nothing like Labour & the Co-operative Party in your town hall to take it to North Korean levels, as Brent, Birmingham, Glasgow, Liverpool, Sheffield, etc all discovered to their cost.

That & the fact when it comes to morons in positions of power & responsibility, Labour cannot be topped not even by the BNP, Greens or Respect at their worst excesses. That the fifth ranked "Terry Kelly" in the entire of Google is a Labour councillor who is a worldwide laughing stock for his shitgibbonry puts Buffoon Boris into sharp perspective, someone who you would mistake for a left over character from "Burniestoun" even the writers found too far fetched to be true.

There's as much a section of Britain which Labour have burned their boats with forever as much as the Tories have - the difference is that section are far more determined to do something about it come election times, & will happily lend their votes to the BNP, SNP, UKIP or anyone else as much as to the Lib Dems if there's the chance of keeping one more Labour cockroach out.

You underestimate how much your rank and file Tory voter despises Labour.

It's not merely a matter of policies, it's the whole miasma of corruption that goes hand in hand whenever they get to drag their knuckles along the corridors of powers: the numbers of council workers being dismissed/mysteriously resigning & replaced by people who just happen to be Labour members or members of councillors' families; the contracts which just happen to go exclusively to party members' relatives or donors.

Yes, other parties are guilty of this as well, but there's nothing like Labour & the Co-operative Party in your town hall to take it to North Korean levels, as Brent, Birmingham, Glasgow, Liverpool, Sheffield, etc all discovered to their cost.

That & the fact when it comes to morons in positions of power & responsibility, Labour cannot be topped not even by the BNP, Greens or Respect at their worst excesses. That the fifth ranked "Terry Kelly" in the entire of Google is a Labour councillor who is a worldwide laughing stock for his shitgibbonry puts Buffoon Boris into sharp perspective, someone who you would mistake for a left over character from "Burniestoun" even the writers found too far fetched to be true.

There's as much a section of Britain which Labour have burned their boats with forever as much as the Tories have - the difference is that section are far more determined to do something about it come election times, & will happily lend their votes to the BNP, SNP, UKIP or anyone else as much as to the Lib Dems if there's the chance of keeping one more Labour cockroach out.

You reckon?

I also know for a fact they despise the nationalists even more now.Don't be expecting the old shire tories to be lending votes to the SNP ever again after the fiasco of the past two years.

You reckon?

I also know for a fact they despise the nationalists even more now.Don't be expecting the old shire tories to be lending votes to the SNP ever again after the fiasco of the past two years.

:lol: Spot on. so funny the way that the SNP gambled on buddying up to Sheridan and every other assorted nutter for Sept 18. Oh how they'll regret that.......

:lol: Spot on. so funny the way that the SNP gambled on buddying up to Sheridan and every other assorted nutter for Sept 18. Oh how they'll regret that.......

It could make some of their distant second places in Labour scum seats marginally less distant. Thats about it really.

Archived