General Election 2015

Ludo*1

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst completely talking down Scotland

That wasn't the issue for me last night. He sat there listening to the Tory, UKIP and JSP ripping into Scotland without standing up for us. He actually looked scared to do so, knowing that he was in a labour friendly environment in the North of England and that might not be the popular choice there. That can't be right surely, especially for someone who says they're a proud Scot and is actually elected to represent us.

Ashcroft jumped on it of course. His agenda aside, it's proof of his own polling.

146 Glenrothians (?) voted for Ukip? :1eye Is there a growing movement to close down the curry houses, Chinese and pizza establishments there?

CBF9lFTWkAA965S.jpg

Just when you thought they couldn't get any worse, they go and surpass themselves, by some considerable margin

Fucking hell!!!

:lol:

They just don't get it. At all.

How did the negative campaign work out for them in 2011 out of interest?

Just when you thought they couldn't get any worse, they go and surpass themselves, by some considerable margin

Fucking hell!!!

To me that's says they've already given up on Scotland and can't win the votes in England

To me that's says they've already given up on Scotland and can't win the votes in England

Last desperate act of a dying man. You can just imagine the meeting to come up with that video

Murphy "Right so we are losing heavily. Six weeks to go, We may lose dozens of seats. Our negative message isn't working, what can we do?"

McDougall "Well Project Fear worked during the referendum. The voters bought it. I think we should stick with it"

McTernan "Ramp it up. The voters are buying it. More negativity is what is required"

Murphy "OK guys you win. They will buy it eventually. Put out a dramatic You Tube vid. That will win us votes"

They must be sitting looking at that Glenrothes result realising it is as good an opinion poll as you can possibly get for the GE, realising they are utterly fucked. If they are trailing by 20 points in Fife, is it inconceivable to suggest they could be wiped out totally?

Maybe I am looking too much into it but I can't see that result as anything other than an indicator of General election voting intention.

Buckie by-election: 2521 votes cast. 32.3% turnout.

No results as of yet. But this is a 'big one' for Buckie as they currently have 10 SNP Councillors, 10 Independent Councillors, 2 Labour and 2 Tory.

Maybe I am looking too much into it but I can't see that result as anything other than an indicator of General election voting intention.

Is there not an argument to say that low turnouts at these type of elections would heavily favour SNP at the moment due to their supposedly more active support?

Oh and that video...Wow.

Is there not an argument to say that low turnouts at these type of elections would heavily favour SNP at the moment due to their supposedly more active support?

Oh and that video...Wow.

I'm trying to work out which way is better to be honest. I think that, pre-referendum, a low turn out was probably better for labour, but the rules have certainly changed since.

Oh and that video...Wow.

Perhaps. I suppose there is also an argument that the SNP were just better at getting their voters out. I'm just looking for reasons to keep my feet on the ground. It's one area of a much larger constituency, but it must, in some way, be representative of the constituency at large.

Every member of Parliament will receive free iPads. I'm apoplectic. What are the priorities of this government for fucks sake?

BAN THE iPADS!!!!1111!

There are more pressing issues to complain about than a free tool to access their work related emails and tailored apps. I use one at work, i leave it there when i'm finished at the end of the shift. Its not that big of a freebie to be honest.

Every member of Parliament will receive free iPads. I'm apoplectic. What are the priorities of this government for fucks sake?

For once, I am with the freebies. It is a tool that will aid someone to do their job. It allows them to connect with their constituents and numerous other benefits that a tablet can offer an MP. If my employer was to give me a tablet to enable me to do my job more effectively then it would be money well spent.

It is far from a luxury, although you could have an argument at perhaps looking for a cheaper alternative.

Archived