General Election 2015

Ludo*1

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what's happened here? A civil servant (or someone within Whitehall) leaked a "forged" (for want of a better word) document to the Telegraph in a desperate bid to smear Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP?

Murphy's angle should be easy. Apologies to the FM at his faux pas while anger at the HSBC Telegraph for such an untrue story.

Makes him look humble and takes the air out of HSBC Telegraph attacks on Labour for bit.

Doubt he will but he is in a good position to make some hay as being the victim of a hoax.

So what's happened here? A civil servant (or someone within Whitehall) leaked a "forged" (for want of a better word) document to the Telegraph in a desperate bid to smear Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP?

That looks like a possibility. Denied by both parties involved and not in the minutes taken by the civil service.

The telegraph have taken the story as given, haven't spoken to either Sturgeon or the French ambassador and made an absolute c**t of it.

It's quite hilarious to see so many others in the press jump on the lol-train.

I notice scottish labour have deleted some of their tweets now too. Absolute minter.

Wtf are they playing at? They've updated it again 10 minutes ago and it's still lies.

I don't know how her or Salmond have gotten by the past 2/3 year tbh. It must be so frustrating and stressful trying to go about their jobs and campaigns when they get attacked from all angles with blatant BS constantly

It really is the SNP against everybody.

post-14721-14281036194216_thumb.jpg

That looks like a possibility. Denied by both parties involved and not in the minutes taken by the civil service.

The telegraph have taken the story as given, haven't spoken to either Sturgeon or the French ambassador and made an absolute c**t of it.

It's quite hilarious to see so many others in the press jump on the lol-train.

I notice scottish labour have deleted some of their tweets now too. Absolute minter.

I don't think the Telegraph would resort to making up an entire story, knowing that they were publishing a false. The logical assumption is that someone in Whitehall leaked a document to them. A document that seems to be false.

Cochrane, McDougall, et al all looking like total c***s though.

GLORIOUS.png

Text from the memo:

"and confessed that she’d rather see David Cameron remain as PM (and didn’t see Ed Miliband as PM material). I have to admit that I’m not sure that the FM’s tongue would be quite so loose on that kind of thing in a meeting like that, so it might well be a case of something being lost in translation."

Even the person who wrote the memo doesn't believe it FFS. :lol:

If the story is false I'm more inclined to believe the Telegraph simply got it wrong rather than made it up.

Apparently they intend on publishing the full memo.

Labour man trusts the Torygraph Shocker!

If the story is false I'm more inclined to believe the Telegraph simply got it wrong rather than made it up.

Apparently they intend on publishing the full memo.

You are still clinging on to this. Surely if the person who was alleged to have been party to Sturgeons comments has categorically denied them then you must give up.

Even Hothersall has apologised. And he never does

Even after the Vow episode you still cannot admit the press have an agenda against the SNP that they will stop at nothing to discredit them. Even if it does amount to flat out lies, or if I'm being exceptionally kind to them deliberately misleading.

This whole episode has the murky fingerprints of McTernan all over it, and you cannot deny he has previous in this sort of thing.

Labour man trusts the Torygraph Shocker!

I don't see why the Telegraph would make something up that helps Labour. As much as mistruths and omissions are regularly made by papers, The Telegraph completely fabricating a story (which goes against their editorial line) seems unlikely.

Not that it will stop the Nats from bleating on about the media being out to get them.

I don't see why the Telegraph would make something up that helps Labour. As much as mistruths and omissions are regularly made by papers, The Telegraph completely fabricating a story (which goes against their editorial line) seems unlikely.

Not that it will stop the Nats from bleating on about the media being out to get them.

The memo is out there. Have a look at it.

So, to conclude this. Both parties deny this happened, nothing in the civil service minutes, no government officials attended the meeting and the memo has a qualification. :lol:

Come on now jmo. Labour suffered from similar in the past, indeed fairly recently with that business letter from the very same paper. To say the truth has been stretched is the understatement of the century.

^ scrambling for relevance. U made a complete c**t of yourself tonight

Archived