General Election 2015

Ludo*1

So you think that who forms the next government at Westminster has no effect on Scotland whatsoever?

Seriously?

Yes. The vast majority of SNP voters feel a disconnect from a system which has neglected us and our votes for so long. We had a taste of true democracy - when our votes actually made a difference - last September. The number of times that Scotland has voted for one party and gotten someone completely different has taken its toll.

The fact that those two parties are getting more and more similar all the time too, what's the point in us really caring when it's slight variation of the same thing? That's why labour have struggled so much imo, although choosing a right winger Blair-ite to lead scottish labour probably hasn't helped.

I've trolled a bit recently, but above is actually how I view things. A party who, on the face of it, have so few principals like labour will never get my vote. Sozzles.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick we've been found out this time chaps.

Lets make sure we change context on the news desks and get a story out about "the ugly side of Scotch nationalism"

Away an bile yer heid.

James Cook and the BBC had a choice to make today as this story unfolded. They could have put the emphasis on the fact that the source was highly questionable given the First Minister, a spokesperson for the French Ambassador and the French Consul all denied it. They chose not too.

To make matters worse Cook himself promoted the line that many folk in the SNP would rather see Cameron in No 10 as it promotes the indepence cause. In other words taking a totally false story and using it to promote an opinion that has no substance; something we expect from the partisan press but something we shouldn't be getting from an employee of the state funded media.

Truth hurts eh?

Don't think any reasonable person would deny that there are fuds trolling on the on the internet. What has that to do with the SNP or wider independence cause? Are you implying that such trolling is in any way a one way street???

I think it worthy to point out that yet again its a convenient switch of subject when lies have been called out. Funny that.

Yes. The vast majority of SNP voters feel a disconnect from a system which has neglected us and our votes for so long. We had a taste of true democracy - when our votes actually made a difference - last September. The number of times that Scotland has voted for one party and gotten someone completely different has taken its toll. The fact that those two parties are getting more and more similar all the time too, what's the point in us really caring when it's slight variation of the same thing? That's why labour have struggled so much imo, although choosing a right winger Blair-ite to lead scottish labour probably hasn't helped. I've trolled a bit recently, but above is actually how I view things. A party who, on the face of it, have so few principals like labour will never get my vote. Sozzles.

That's a fair enough post but I believe there are still enough people in Labour who do give a shit about the poor in society and are trying to do the right thing. Labour may have moved more to the centre but they are not the same as the Tories and never will be.

That's a fair enough post but I believe there are still enough people in Labour who do give a shit about the poor in society and are trying to do the right thing. Labour may have moved more to the centre but they are not the same as the Tories and never will be.

I agree that there are people in the Labour Party who still share those values. I think Ed does, and your deputy leader in Scotland too (although she's still coming across as incredibly naive and inexperienced).

Truthfully though, I think labour really need to snatch the party back from the likes of Murphy, Sarwar and Curran. They define everything that puts people off labour. Self interested gravy trainers.

I quite like Cook and thought he was pretty even handed during the Indy ref tbh.

Unfortunately there are quite a few angry simpletons out there looking for things to get worked up about.

Just caught up on the latest developments

The Telegraph being once again shown up despite it's veneer as a quality broadsheet that it scrapes the barrel as desperately as the Sun or the Daily Mail

RodgersSmug.gif

Scottish Labour's typically shambolic response of either climbing down or pretending that the story was still true

tumblr_mo4w9mZ5Lk1suwczbo1_500.gif

Scottish Labour's complete and utter annilhilation in May.

patrick-bateman.gif

I agree that there are people in the Labour Party who still share those values. I think Ed does, and your deputy leader in Scotland too (although she's still coming across as incredibly naive and inexperienced). Truthfully though, I think labour really need to snatch the party back from the likes of Murphy, Sarwar and Curran. They define everything that puts people off labour. Self interested gravy trainers.

Yeah, I like Ed Miliband and hope he becomes the prime minister. He's no statesman, but I think he's well intentioned. In saying that, I don't think I could vote for Scottish Labour right now and I'd prefer a Tory minority held to account by the SNP than an unchecked Labour majority.

James Cook and the BBC had a choice to make today as this story unfolded. They could have put the emphasis on the fact that the source was highly questionable given the First Minister, a spokesperson for the French Ambassador and the French Consul all denied it. They chose not too.

To make matters worse Cook himself promoted the line that many folk in the SNP would rather see Cameron in No 10 as it promotes the indepence cause. In other words taking a totally false story and using it to promote an opinion that has no substance; something we expect from the partisan press but something we shouldn't be getting from an employee of the state funded media.

Perfectly put gd.

I'd like to see jmo respond to this. The urban monkey chap is not worth responding to.

I quite like Cook and thought he was pretty even handed during the Indy ref tbh.

Unfortunately there are quite a few angry simpletons out there looking for things to get worked up about.

Cook is so far out of order today. Doing his job? Only if his job is protecting the British establishment.

The party with the most seats will be given the chance to form the next government. In marginals this could make the difference between a Tory or labour government. Apparently you have a politics degree. Surely you could have worked that out for yourself

Yeah you are a fucking idiot though. Chance is a liberal term considering a likely majority of anti Tory MPs will vote against a Tory majority. Easy to understand if you are not a simpleton.

I've also got an exam at 9.30 on the 8th. :thumbsdown

Does anyone know if the BBC's whole coverage will be put up on iPlayer? If so I might try and do the equivalent of not seeing the scores until you watch Match of the Day. Would that be sad?

Archived