General Election 2015

Ludo*1

Sorry to spoil everyones wankfest but figures have been slightly amended. Still don't know if it's a full poll or not though. I'm keeping you on tenterhooks though.

SNP 45% (+4)
Labour 29% (-2)
Conservatives 14% (n/c)

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like a full poll too, judging by tweets I've read. Good to see the Murphy bounce still in full swing.

Only thing thats throwing me slightly is the + 6 and - 2. That would mean that last poll was 41 31. Now there was one poll that had that, bit of an outlier but was c. 2 months ago. Panelbase have had polls since.

Anyone waiting on their poll fix, just to titillate you

Panelbase

SNP 47% (+6)

Labour 29% (-2)

Conservatives 14% (n/c)

More details to follow. Don't know if a sample or not. Sunday Times has a poll out

tumblr_inline_nglvcmahw31squtmz.gif

Only thing thats throwing me slightly is the + 6 and - 2. That would mean that last poll was 41 31. Now there was one poll that had that, bit of an outlier but was c. 2 months ago. Panelbase have had polls since.

Same point still stands with new figs, it assumes last poll was 41 31

Possible but unlikely and unsustainable. Would never last the term. If they want real chaos the likes of which they are warning about re the SNP a minority govt will bring it.

With the fixed terms we could just have minority government after minority government.

Is there a mechanism now for an early election before the 5 year term?

Possible but unlikely and unsustainable. Would never last the term. If they want real chaos the likes of which they are warning about re the SNP a minority govt will bring it.

There is no way either of the main parties would accept power from 2nd place.

Labour have the SNP Greens SDLP Plaid Respect and Sylvia Hermon all to reach out to

Conservatives have Ukip and the DUP

Both of these groups likely reach 326 if you add the Liberal Democrats who have ssid they will back whoever gets the most seats.

If all else fails I think you might see a Labour/Tory coalition especially if the Tories win the popular vote but Labour get more seats

With the fixed terms we could just have minority government after minority government.

Yes if there is a VONC. The 5 year rule only prevents the PM calling a snap election.

No way Labour or Tories would accept power? Did I just read that right?

Never have I known two more power-hungry, self-entitled, dogmatic arsewipes than those two groups. They would literally kill for power, and probably have. They will take Downing St any way they can get it.

Labour have the SNP Greens SDLP Plaid Respect and Sylvia Hermon all to reach out to

Both of these groups likely reach 326 if you add the Liberal Democrats who have ssid they will back whoever gets the most seats.

If all else fails I think you might see a Labour/Tory coalition especially if the Tories win the popular vote but Labour get more seats

Interesting you say that about the purple coalition.

There really is not that much between them. Deathspell for labour in Scotland though. Highway to independence.

Yes. Parliament can pass an act of no confidence in the government or can elect to have an early election. The second one requires a 2/3 majority to pass.

A lab- con agreement would effectively kill the union bar the shouting. I'm all for it.

I saw a Greens member on twitter speculate that Sturgeon's hard line on Trident was a great way of effectively baiting them into a coalition. In practice a full coalition wont happen but a "wink wink nod nod" deal not to call a VONC in exchange for policy considerations probably will.

I saw a Greens member on twitter speculate that Sturgeon's hard line on Trident was a great way of effectively baiting them into a coalition. In practice a full coalition wont happen but a "wink wink nod nod" deal not to call a VONC in exchange for policy considerations probably will.

Without meaning to stoke up old arguments, would that tip you over the edge to voting yes? Always got the impression you were one or two good arguments away from swinging that way yourself.

Have the Lib Dems said they will back whoever has most seats? In a coalition?

Without meaning to stoke up old arguments, would that tip you over the edge to voting yes? Always got the impression you were one or two good arguments away from swinging that way yourself.

I dont know, tbh. A lot of it depends on devolution and not necessarily just within Scotland. The end goal for me is a federal UK, but I think that Scottish independence is inevitable and it may be better just to embrace it.

Archived