General Election 2015

Ludo*1

Have the Lib Dems said they will back whoever has both seats? In a coalition?

Kind of putting two and two together but Clegg said in two separate interviews that

1) He wants another full coalition but would be happy to work with either of the two main parties

2) in a hung parliament the party with the most seats gets the first chance to prove they can govern

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scot goes pop says its a full Scottish poll.

SNP 45%

Lab 29%

Glorious.

ETA beaten to it, but unlike SLab I don't mind. :lol:

Hard to believe Labour are still at 29% tbh. They're making such a roaring c**t of themselves in Scotland that the number has to fall away from here. Obviously you'll have the odd Urban Gorilla kicking around I suppose.

Clegg may want a full coalition but what's left of his party won't.

I don't get why labour haven't pushed harder in Hallam, I doubt Cable would be willing to do a deal with the Tories.

Hard to believe Labour are still at 29% tbh. They're making such a roaring c**t of themselves in Scotland that the number has to fall away from here. Obviously you'll have the odd Urban Gorilla kicking around I suppose.

Old habits die hard and we shouldn't underestimate how big a shift this is compared to 2010 - Labour 42% SNP 20%. As with the Referendum vote the biggest anti YES/SNP vote is amongst the older voters. SLab's decline will continue as the years progress.

http://www.parliament.uk/about/how/elections-and-voting/general/hung-parliament/#jump-link-1

For any Labour drone that's considering pulling their head out their arse this handy and easy to read link tells you all you need to know about a hung parliament. Doesn't matter who's the largest party. It's who can command a working majority. If Miliband choses not to vote down a Tory queens speech then that's his bloody problem and the members of his Scottish branch office would be as well packing their shit straight away.

" Does the party with the most seats form a Government?

In order to form a Government, a party must be able to command a majority in the House of Commons on votes of confidence and supply. This majority can include support from other political parties, whether or not there is a formal coalition arrangement.

In a situation of no overall control the Government in power before the General Election gets the first chance at creating a government. If they cannot do so, the Prime Minister will resign"

Did we not say this before the Indy election?

Massive hidden amount of c***s.

Difference is it isn't a two horse race.

The polls may very well narrow, but it is now too late for anything other than an overall SNP win vote wise. Seat wise is another issue.

If this weekend proves to be as profitable for the SNP as the anecdotal evidence would suggest then it would require something akin to Jesus's second coming with him wearing a red rosette to save Labour.

I'm not going to make predictions on seats, but every constituency in Scotland will see massive swings. Enough to take the predicted number of seats? who knows but fingers crossed.

2014 changed everything. People are engaged and are willing to stand up and be counted. Politics seems to have a certain cool about it.

http://www.parliament.uk/about/how/elections-and-voting/general/hung-parliament/#jump-link-1

For any Labour drone that's considering pulling their head out their arse this handy and easy to read link tells you all you need to know about a hung parliament. Doesn't matter who's the largest party. It's who can command a working majority. If Miliband choses not to vote down a Tory queens speech then that's his bloody problem and the members of his Scottish branch office would be as well packing their shit straight away.

" Does the party with the most seats form a Government?

In order to form a Government, a party must be able to command a majority in the House of Commons on votes of confidence and supply. This majority can include support from other political parties, whether or not there is a formal coalition arrangement.

In a situation of no overall control the Government in power before the General Election gets the first chance at creating a government. If they cannot do so, the Prime Minister will resign"

Aye. Tory minority and its Eds labour to give away.

Fast track to independence imo.

That's a fair enough post but I believe there are still enough people in Labour who do give a shit about the poor in society and are trying to do the right thing. Labour may have moved more to the centre but they are not the same as the Tories and never will be.

Having concern on such issues is one thing. Knowing how to fix them is quite another, and that is where I lack confidence in them.

Having concern on such issues is one thing. Knowing how to fix them is quite another, and that is where I lack confidence in them.

As someone who in the Kinnock days lost confidence in the labour party to solve the social problems of this land, I know the feeling. It is hard, but the only hope is independence.

In reality the labour party has not been a real labour party as our faithers knew it for at least the last 25 years.

As someone who in the Kinnock days lost confidence in the labour party to solve the social problems of this land, I know the feeling. It is hard, but the only hope is independence.

In reality the labour party has not been a real labour party as our faithers knew it for at least the last 25 years.

Independence won't be the silver bullet people think it is. For now its easy for the SNP to blame all the problems on not having independence. However, when the day comes when they get their wishes and the same problems still exist, then things will start to turn against them.

I did get a reply from Sturgeon a year ago, when I tried to spell out all the economic problems this country had and what it would take to fix them. Predictably, (and I agree with her on it) that the solutions I was offering her can only be done via Westminster. The problem is there is so many entrenched interests at Westminster. Whether it be Labour, Tories or Whitehall in general. That there not going to fixed without some kind of outside pressure.

Independence won't be the silver bullet people think it is. For now its easy for the SNP to blame all the problems on not having independence. However, when the day comes when they get their wishes and the same problems still exist, then things will start to turn against them.

I did get a reply from Sturgeon a year ago, when I tried to spell out all the economic problems this country had and what it would take to fix them. Predictably, (and I agree with her on it) that the solutions I was offering her can only be done via Westminster. The problem is there is so many entrenched interests at Westminster. Whether it be Labour, Tories or Whitehall in general. That there not going to fixed without some kind of outside pressure.

Ok. I get it. Take a while to think about it.

We give more back to the UK than we receive. We can afford the centre left policies. Our example will re-energise the left in the ruk.

No brainer.

So if we suspend reality and all pretend that the SNP really want to work with Labour for the good of Scotland and the UK for the next 5 years; is the SNP pushing fiscal autonomy as an outcome they want and if so what do the numbers look like on that one - has the blessed Fiscal Commission crunched the numbers?

Archived