General Election 2015

Ludo*1

The Sun's 'exclusive' today is just bizarre. Apparently Ed Miliband had notes prepared for the debate.

With the exception of Bennett (who I'm sure made things up as she was going) I'd expect they all did. Why would they not have notes?

"Be a happy warrior" though.. :lol:

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Labour english blairite drone on 5 live rubbishing SNP and obviously has no idea what is happening in Scotland. Tartan tories, talk left and act right, no coalition no agreements with SNP blah,blah blah, and Pienaar is letting him chunter on and on

The current forecast is

Tories 283

Labour 277

SNP 40

LD 26

DUP 8

Sinn Fein 6

PC 3

SDLP 3

Greens 1

UKIP 1

Independents 1

Speaker 1

This means you need 223 for a majority, so the options would be

1) Labour/SNP/PC/Green - overall majority of 1

2) Labour/SNP/LD - overall majority 43

Basically there is no way either of these would happen.

You need to explain yourself why these, especially 1, will never happen.

Then please please please expand on your fantasy island scenario where Labour support a Tory govt but with no cabinet positions is the most likely.

Do they not do modern studies at school anymore?

No they didn't. They had the support or tacit support of a majority of the parliament to form a government.

The first minister is then elected through an exhaustive ballot so no majority is necessary.

At Westminster the Queen will invite someone to form a government but Tue queens speech needs to be voted through by parliament on a simple yes/no basis. Therefore a majority is needed.

The two situations are completely different.

For clarity. On existing projections the Tories will not be able to form a Government or minority or otherwise.

I will repeat my point. There is no way the next government will exclude the largest party.

So a vote for the SNP helps the tories in again ?

It really really doesn't. If middle England vote Tory there is f**k all anyone can do to stop the UK getting a Tory government.

A vote for the SNP will at least give us a voice at Westminster.

But I am sure you are well aware of these things

You need to explain yourself why these, especially 1, will never happen.

Then please please please expand on your fantasy island scenario where Labour support a Tory govt but with no cabinet positions is the most likely.

It wont happen because Labour are not the largest party and thus will not lead the government.

Also I think Labour would rather back the Tories policy by policy than form a coalition that wpuld probably force them to scrap Trident.

I will repeat my point. There is no way the next government will exclude the largest party.

Repeat it all you like it's utter shite. If you want anyone to take your pin the tail on the donkey approach to electoral predictions seriously you might want to expand a bit on why you hold these opinions.

It wont happen because Labour are not the largest party and thus will not lead the government.

Also I think Labour would rather back the Tories policy by policy than form a coalition that wpuld probably force them to scrap Trident.

Until you explain why the second largest party won't form a government point 1 is moot.

What ever party or coalition can get a Queen's speech voted through will be the next Government. It doesn't matter who has the biggest vote if it's below 323.

Repeat it all you like it's utter shite. If you want anyone to take your pin the tail on the donkey approach to electoral predictions seriously you might want to expand a bit on why you hold these opinions.

It would be political suicide to try and form a government that excludes the largest party. Labour admitted it themselves in 2010 when Gordon Brown walked away from talks with the Lib Dems. If that happened the Tories would have an absolute field day

It would be political suicide to try and form a government that excludes the largest party. Labour admitted it themselves in 2010 when Gordon Brown walked away from talks with the Lib Dems. If that happened the Tories would have an absolute field day in opposition.

FIFY

The only way a vote for the SNP would help the Tories is if Labour refuse to cooperate with the SNP.

Exactly. The 'vote SNP get Tory' line is a load of shite. Typical poorly thought out, and over-used, line from a tired Labour Party.

The SNP have already publicly stated they'll back Labour to keep the Tories out. So, it's really all down to how well Labour do down South. Can Ed convince the English voters?

The Sun's 'exclusive' today is just bizarre. Apparently Ed Miliband had notes prepared for the debate.

With the exception of Bennett (who I'm sure made things up as she was going) I'd expect they all did. Why would they not have notes?

Scoop of the election so far IMO

Shitest notes ever. Be a Happy Warrior. The Mr Bean tag will stick.

Did the article say how the paper got hold of his notes?

Shitest notes ever. Be a Happy Warrior. The Mr Bean tag will stick.

Did the article say how the paper got hold of his notes?

I think he left them behind at the studio.

Slightly different to my motivational technique. 'Because you, are a neat guy.' Does the trick.

Archived