General Election 2015

Ludo*1

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the labour type complaining about the press???On friday night the press were to taken as gospel :lol:

I'm not denying the story, I believe it's true, but the way Sun journos were going on all weekend about their exclusive I was expecting something a bit bigger than 'Ed Used Notes!'

I'm not denying the story, I believe it's true, but the way Sun journos were going on all weekend about their exclusive I was expecting something a bit bigger than 'Ed Used Notes!'

It's the Sun. If they can't find something decent on Labour they will rake up some tedious shit and sensationalise it in the only the way they can.

If this is all they have then Labour should be quite happy

Why does this surprise you? They have been employing practices like this for decades

What is the point of someone doing a political blog if they can't grasp the simplest of concepts, if Labour and SNP have a majority between them they will form the Government regardless of who gets the most seats between the big 2.

I think he left them behind at the studio.

Slightly different to my motivational technique. 'Because you, are a neat guy.' Does the trick.

You have to ask yourself, does a person who needs to write a note to himself to 'be a happy warrior' deserve to be PM?

Fine, if he has some handy facts and figures noted down, but to have to write down how to behave or to 'be a happy warrior' just sounds weak-brained and wanky.

It's the Sun. If they can't find something decent on Labour they will rake up some tedious shit and sensationalise it in the only the way they can.

If this is all they have then Labour should be quite happy

Why does this surprise you? They have been employing practices like this for decades

Normally they don't make such big noises prior to the reveal unless it's something a bit more substantial. The Sun running it doesn't surprise me, them making such a huge thing of it in the run up does.

You have to ask yourself, does a person who needs to write a note to himself to 'be a happy warrior' deserve to be PM?

Fine, if he has some handy facts and figures noted down, but to have to write down how to behave or to 'be a happy warrior' just sounds weak-brained and wanky.

Wait, his notes actually said 'be a happy warrior'?

That's more embarassing than Jmo/UG/Tubbs! :lol:

Or then again, maybe it's not

Are the Lib Dems and Tories intending on raising the tax free allowance again? I think it's a good policy personally. Takes lowest paid out of tax, benefits everyone who works, makes work pay (thus incentivising employment) without the burden falling on employers by raising minimum wage too quickly and without having to cut benefits for those who need them.

It's always irritated me the way the right talk about cutting benefits because it stops people having an incentive to work. This problem is better solved by making the benefits of work more attractive.

It really really doesn't. If middle England vote Tory there is f**k all anyone can do to stop the UK getting a Tory government.

A vote for the SNP will at least give us a voice at Westminster.

But I am sure you are well aware of these things

I am sure you are aware that its going to be very tight with every seat across the UK in the mix and having the same weight in the final analysis.

So if we suspend reality and all pretend that the SNP really want to work with Labour for the good of Scotland and the UK for the next 5 years; is the SNP pushing fiscal autonomy as an outcome they want and if so what do the numbers look like on that one - has the blessed Fiscal Commission crunched the numbers?

Any takers for this one ? I think its clear what the SNP won't go for?

You can sig quote me on this: Whichever party wins the most MPs will be in government after the election, whether its a majority, a coalition or a minority government.

Disagree Mr Bairn. The largest party has the moral right to be first to try and form a govt. If they cant it goes to the next largest. This is what happens in all PR countries. UK is FPTP and its only recently hung parliaments have become an output due to the disillusionment with the 2 biggest parties.

In 2010 the lib dems made an agreement with the torys(largest party) so Cameron became PM. Labour also had discussions but stipulation was that broon stepped down as PM. Due to him being a selfish c**t, this did not happen.

Moral right to try first- is the reality

What is the point of someone doing a political blog if they can't grasp the simplest of concepts, if Labour and SNP have a majority between them they will form the Government regardless of who gets the most seats between the big 2.

Not necessarily. They won't form the government if Ed decides not to work with the SNP.

I still believe there's a good chance Labour will form a coalition with the Tories - there's not that much between them - two cheeks of the same arse as has been said on here before.

If they did decide on a pact the reasons given would be that it would be in the best interests of maintaining the union and ensuring the SNP get nothing.

The current forecast is

Tories 283

Labour 277

SNP 40

LD 26

DUP 8

Sinn Fein 6

PC 3

SDLP 3

Greens 1

UKIP 1

Independents 1

Speaker 1

This means you need 223 for a majority, so the options would be

1) Labour/SNP/PC/Green - overall majority of 1

2) Labour/SNP/LD - overall majority 43

Basically there is no way either of these would happen. But Tory/LD/DUP/UKIP only gives 318. A Tory minority with confidence and supply from Labour seems likely

What's the point of this exercise when your numbers don't even add up?

There are 650 seats, Sinn Fein & the speaker don't vote, so you need 322 (not 223) for a majority

Labour plus SNP, PC & Green only total 321, so they aren't in the majority in your scenario either. The SDLP would have to join in too.

However, Tories plus Lib Dems plus DUP only total 317. Where are their other 4 votes coming from in a confidence vote, which would probably be called on a near daily basis?

Not necessarily. They won't form the government if Ed decides not to work with the SNP.

I still believe there's a good chance Labour will form a coalition with the Tories - there's not that much between them - two cheeks of the same arse as has been said on here before.

If they did decide on a pact the reasons given would be that it would be in the best interests of maintaining the union and ensuring the SNP get nothing.

I would love it if Ed was that stupid, Labour MP's would be rarer than hen's teeth in Scotland if he went down that route.

I am sure you are aware that its going to be very tight with every seat across the UK in the mix and having the same weight in the final analysis.

Whatever you vote in Scotland, Labour or SNP, neither party will prop up the tories. So your argument is pointless

In some respects a vote for the SNP means it is less likely that the Tories will get in as they will hoover up the lib dem seats.

What is guaranteed is that either a Labour or Conservative led government WITHOUT the SNP on board will mean another five years of Scotland getting shit upon. Just the same as it always has been. Wouldn't it be good, just for a change, to have some real, powerful representation at Westminster fighting Scotland's corner?

Can't believe Galloway is favourite to win his seat. Who in their right mind would vote for him?

Dog whistling bigots can prosper unfortunately, as we've seen with both him and Farage. I would love it if they both lost but can't see it.

Archived