General Election 2015

Ludo*1

I do think the SNP let themselves down a bit by expecting 10% of the nation to have 25% of the power, for example the proposed EU referendum vetos.

We've had 0% of the power in Westminster before, so I'm sure everyone will cope.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do think the SNP let themselves down a bit by expecting 10% of the nation to have 25% of the power, for example the proposed EU referendum vetos.

The UK isn't a nation champ, unless you are a British nationalist. Nobody is proposing 25% of anything, simply 100% of the power over Scotland for Scotland. It is clearly grossly unfair if Scotland votes to stay in the EU but is pulled out of it by England. All the SNP want is to avoid that scenario.

Im surprised by this statement from you Mr Bairn

I think if the UK is going to have a referendum on leaving the EU it should be a simple majority vote like the independence referendum and the AV referendum.

However if Scotland was taken out against its will it would be grounds for a second independence referendum.

The UK isn't a nation champ, unless you are a British nationalist. Nobody is proposing 25% of anything, simply 100% of the power over Scotland for Scotland. It is clearly grossly unfair if Scotland votes to stay in the EU but is pulled out of it by England. All the SNP want is to avoid that scenario.

It is also unfair to England and Wales if they wanted out of the EU but were forced to stay in by Scotland. The fairest way to decide would be a simple majority referendum with one voter, one vote.

Still, it would strengthen the case for independence if Scotland could rejoin the EU

You're saying Scotland doesn't deserve to have a government it elects, should be happy to be a minor partner in the UK, comparing it to regions of England

You're denying its even an issue or problem that Scotland regularly gets governments it doesn't vote for and, as part of the UK, will always be a minor partner of little importance.. Everything you have said is anti-Scottish, you just don't see it as you are a British nationalist.

Its amazing, they are the biggest nationalists of all but just don't see it.

I take them on sometimes don't others, but think what really matters is we just have to win. We have to make Scotland an independent country, everything else is secondary to that.

I'm not saying that. I'm saying the UK deserves the parliament it votes for. Some regions aren't always going to get what they want. That isn't being opposed to those regions, it's the way democracy works. Sometimes we don't get what we vote for. The constituency I currently live in has voted Labour for decades, they haven't always got the government they have voted for. I'm not being anti-Leeds by saying that I have no problem with that, nor am I anti-Scottish for not having a problem with Scotland not always getting the government it wants.

I'm not saying that. I'm saying the UK deserves the parliament it votes for. Some regions aren't always going to get what they want. That isn't being opposed to those regions, it's the way democracy works. Sometimes we don't get what we vote for. The constituency I currently live in has voted Labour for decades, they haven't always got the government they have voted for. I'm not being anti-Leeds by saying that I have no problem with that, nor am I anti-Scottish for not having a problem with Scotland not always getting the government it wants.

Raging BritNat still doesn't get it

He will have a right boner about that.

One of the most craven party acolytes, absolutely desperate for a career as a politician and Nat hater supreme. An utter p***k.

Breakdown on the podium material?

Breakdown on the podium material?

Nah, he isn't daft. He will be taking a bullet in exchange for a cushty number when it comes up. That's if they can get him past whatever local party he is foisted upon which they utterly failed to do in this election.

TBH I don't actually know his politics other than he is pally with alexander. I feel sorry for him a bit as it wasn't too long ago that being a party activist sucking up to the right wing of the party in the hope of a seat for life followed by an ermine cloak was a reasonably sound career strategy.

Nah, he isn't daft. He will be taking a bullet in exchange for a cushty number when it comes up. That's if they can get him past whatever local party he is foisted upon which they utterly failed to do in this election.

TBH I don't actually know his politics other than he is pally with alexander. I feel sorry for him a bit as it wasn't too long ago that being a party activist sucking up to the right wing of the party in the hope of a seat for life followed by an ermine cloak was a reasonably sound career strategy.

Ah that sort. Labour seems to be polluted with them. Can see a few of them jumping to the SNP if the GE turns out to be as bad for Labour as is expected. No morals, just chasing the dream of troughing at Westminster

Archived