General Election 2015

Ludo*1

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see many Tories and possibly Lib Dems who never in a million years wouldve voted for Jim McGovern but they might think now weve got a decent chap who might be an MP, and we will vote tactically to get rid of this nationalist who drives about in a fire engine and has a goatee, said one source.

Scottish Labour. Strong on Facial Hair. Strong on Fire Engines.

I'm not saying that. I'm saying the UK deserves the parliament it votes for. Some regions aren't always going to get what they want. That isn't being opposed to those regions, it's the way democracy works. Sometimes we don't get what we vote for. The constituency I currently live in has voted Labour for decades, they haven't always got the government they have voted for. I'm not being anti-Leeds by saying that I have no problem with that, nor am I anti-Scottish for not having a problem with Scotland not always getting the government it wants.

Scotland isn't a region of anything champ. And Scotland not getting the government it votes for is untenable. Except to a British nationalist. Once more refer to it as a region and compare it to Leeds.

The only valid comparison to Scotland is England. Tell me, does England get the government it votes for? Most of the time yes it does, does Scotland, usually not, and if it does its purely coincidental. That's a problem.

Scotland isn't a region of anything champ. And Scotland not getting the government it votes for is untenable. Except to a British nationalist. Once more refer to it as a region and compare it to Leeds.

The only valid comparison to Scotland is England. Tell me, does England get the government it votes for? Most of the time yes it does, does Scotland, usually not, and if it does its purely coincidental. That's a problem.

Just to add. England is always in control of the UK gov. Ie if the vast majority of English people voted for the monster ravers... then they would be the Uk gov.

Just to add. England is always in control of the UK gov. Ie if the vast majority of English people voted for the monster ravers... then they would be the Uk gov.

This is very true, a big part of the reason why we have to leave the UK.

Don't know why you're on about this at a time when for the first time ever we could have a chance of deciding what government England gets.

We won't be deciding anything stop getting carried away. Middle England will decide what government the entire UK gets, as always. For the first time ever we are in with a chance of having a wee say is all, perhaps be able to influence policy a little.

This is very true, a big part of the reason why we have to leave the UK.

We won't be deciding anything stop getting carried away. Middle England will decide what government the entire UK gets, as always. For the first time ever we are in with a chance of having a wee say is all, perhaps be able to influence policy a little.

Conveniently forgetting that we voted on our partnership within the Union less than eight months ago. The overwhelming majority of our countrymen and women disagreed with you.

Conveniently forgetting that we voted on our partnership within the Union less than eight months ago. The overwhelming majority of our countrymen and women disagreed with you.

Overwhelming majority. :lol:

The union has never been so fragile.

I see the record is leading with the Nats want DC to win headline today. They have managed to get some guy who is leaving the party over this.

As a party member of 20 years, I have yet to meet a Nat that wants the Tories to win, and I was in Kinross branch for a fair bit.

I would go as far as to say it's a load of pish.

I never mentioned that at all Rob. Any proof yet btw of your slanderous accusations about Scotland? Didn't think so, you raging little Britnat.

My Britishness is not defined by rage at all my friend, it's you that continues to wallow in the role of shouty little man on here. The article wasn't perhaps what I was looking for, but you only need to read some of the language on this thread to realise that some of the behaviour and comment you highlight down south also very much exists up here. The words English c*nt appear to be perfectly acceptable? Imagine if I singled someone out in the Question Time audience and referred to them as an Irish, Chinese or Indian c*nt ?? I also note that none of the alleged examples of anti English abuse quoted in the original piece were challenged iirc . It works both ways, you and the rest of your P&B hangers on need stop pretending we hold some sort of moral high ground, we don't.

My Britishness is not defined by rage at all my friend, it's you that continues to wallow in the role of shouty little man on here. The article wasn't perhaps what I was looking for, but you only need to read some of the language on this thread to realise that some of the behaviour and comment you highlight down south also very much exists up here. The words English c*nt appear to be perfectly acceptable? Imagine if I singled someone out in the Question Time audience and referred to them as an Irish, Chinese or Indian c*nt ?? I also note that none of the alleged examples of anti English abuse quoted in the original piece were challenged iirc . It works both ways, you and the rest of your P&B hangers on need stop pretending we hold some sort of moral high ground, we don't.

Could have just answered his question with one word. Doubt anyone will even read that

I see the record is leading with the Nats want DC to win headline today. They have managed to get some guy who is leaving the party over this.

As a party member of 20 years, I have yet to meet a Nat that wants the Tories to win, and I was in Kinross branch for a fair bit.

I would go as far as to say it's a load of pish.

I think the clue is the Kinross branch bit. Its a Tory/SNP choice there.

The new defector to Labour says this about his leader Jim Murphy

"Jim Murphy - his past is basically supporting an illegal war in Iraq. He never came out and condemned the Gaza bombings. From a Muslim perspective, those were unforgiveable.

Ouch!!!!

Archived