General Election 2015

Ludo*1

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spoke too soon. The Nasty Natzis have been at it again, with their vicious attacks (known in previous years as "protests") requiring Big Jum to have discreet protection from Police Scotland.

I saw that, but it was too weak to even bother. What is notable of course is that the piece makes no reference to the SNP's public appearances being overwhelmingly conducted in front of the actual public, as opposed to in front of ticketed audiences of hand-picked supporters as with all the Westminster parties.

I saw that, but it was too weak to even bother.

Aye, I was just a bit surprised to see it in The Herald. Their stories usually have some semblance of a story to them, but that one doesn't.

A journo sees a cop car parked outside a political event... stop press.

I reckon he is going to be the biggest troll on the planet down there. He clearly no longer has an image to maintain, at least not as a leader of a party, he's going to cause chaos.

And it's going to be glorious!

I'd kind of hope for more. No doubt he could troll the f**k out of the Commons, but with a strong backing (I assume he'll be resuming leadership of the SNP delegation if he gets in?) he'll be the primary representation of Scotland's interests in the national government. I'd rather he stuck to his job and got things done than occasionally pulled off some sick burn of Ian Duncan Smith or whoever on BBC Parliament.

I'd kind of hope for more. No doubt he could troll the f**k out of the Commons, but with a strong backing (I assume he'll be resuming leadership of the SNP delegation if he gets in?) he'll be the primary representation of Scotland's interests in the national government. I'd rather he stuck to his job and got things done than occasionally pulled off some sick burn of Ian Duncan Smith or whoever on BBC Parliament.

I'm really unsure about this. When Alex and Nicola were leader and deputy respectively they needed to have someone to lead the party group at Westminster, Angus Robertson was this person. Now that Stuart Hosie, an MP, is the deputy leader, that probably makes Robertson's position obsolete.

Given that Salmond stepped aside as FM and party leader I can't see him trying to undermine the new deputy leader. Hosie will be allowed to lead from the front, IMO.

Honestly I think Alex Salmond is going down there to have a bit of fun at the end of his career. The political equivalent of a footballer moving to the MLS for the last few years.

Totally agree. A big reason for the rise in SNP support is that they've proved they can govern competently and responsibly, even as a minority. If they try a sabotage gig in Westminster they'll blow all that. They should keep the high ground and let the other Westminster mobs make fools of themselves.

I'm really unsure about this. When Alex and Nicola were leader and deputy respectively they needed to have someone to lead the party group at Westminster, Angus Robertson was this person. Now that Stuart Hosie, an MP, is the deputy leader, that probably makes Robertson's position obsolete.

Given that Salmond stepped aside as FM and party leader I can't see him trying to undermine the new deputy leader. Hosie will be allowed to lead from the front, IMO.

Honestly I think Alex Salmond is going down there to have a bit of fun at the end of his career. The political equivalent of a footballer moving to the MLS for the last few years.

Think I'd rather have Hosie being the front man in the Commons and Salmond doing a few of the media gigs.

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-04-15/lib-dem-vote-set-to-collapse-in-south-west-heartland-comres-itv-news-poll-suggests/

The Lib Dem vote in South East England set to collapse. If things are looking grim down there combined with their Scottish losses they could be close to complete annihilation.

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-04-15/lib-dem-vote-set-to-collapse-in-south-west-heartland-comres-itv-news-poll-suggests/

The Lib Dem vote in South East England set to collapse. If things are looking grim down there combined with their Scottish losses they could be close to complete annihilation.

Froma Scottish perspective the importance of a LibDem collapse is very important. I'd rather see their seats going to the Tories meaning the SNP bargaining position with Miliband is even stronger.

An ideal result would be something like:

Conservative - 283

Labour - 275

SNP - 50

Lib Dem - 20

Others - 22

Froma Scottish perspective the importance of a LibDem collapse is very important. I'd rather see their seats going to the Tories meaning the SNP bargaining position with Miliband is even stronger.

An ideal result would be something like:

Conservative - 283

Labour - 275

SNP - 50

Lib Dem - 20

Others - 22

In that scenario a Lab/Lib agreement would be almost a certainty I would think as the SNP wouldn't vote with the Tories (LAB+LIB = 295, CON+UKIP+DUP = 290ish).

It's actually very unlikely that the SNP will be able to hold the balance of power on their own, even with a haul of around 50 seats, unless the Lib Dems are totally opposed to doing a deal with Labour.

In that scenario a Lab/Lib agreement would be almost a certainty I would think as the SNP wouldn't vote with the Tories (LAB+LIB = 295, CON+UKIP+DUP = 290ish).

It's actually very unlikely that the SNP will be able to hold the balance of power on their own, even with a haul of around 50 seats, unless the Lib Dems are totally opposed to doing a deal with Labour.

Erm no - you don't need to "vote with the Tories" just to hold a balance of power; 295 isn't even remotely enough for a government to survive in Commons.

A lame duck administration or one that plays along to the SNP's demands (though would still probably lose many bills on bacbench votes).

Erm no - you don't need to "vote with the Tories" just to hold a balance of power; 295 isn't even remotely enough for a government to survive in Commons.

A lame duck administration or one that plays along to the SNP's demands (though would still probably lose many bills on bacbench votes).

Yeah you're right, I was a bit confused at what all the fuss was about for a minute.

Spoke too soon. The Nasty Natzis have been at it again, with their vicious attacks (known in previous years as "protests") requiring Big Jum to have discreet protection from Police Scotland.

The vile Separatist thugs have even been scaring the weans at nurseries (except they didn't):

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/scottish-politics/police-step-up-presence-at-labour-events-attended-by-jim-murphy.123246774

This is a smear in search of a story to hang off. Slow smear day?

I remember seeing Anabel Goldie at Haymarket. When she was party leader. I had no desire or enthusiasm to approach her. Despite being with there for 15 mins and only a few yards away from me, because she like Ruth Davidson and William Rennie are a political irrelevance. I doubt most people even know who they are

Is that a photo of Murray Foote?

Ian Murray MP and sadly, chair, of Foundation of Hearts. Never seen him wear that jacket on match days though maybe he's the tube in the main stand with the UJ flag? See he's come out against Trident an aw. Look forward to that jacket getting sullied when he's dragged away by cops.

I remember seeing Anabel Goldie at Haymarket. When she was party leader. I had no desire or enthusiasm to approach her. Despite being with there for 15 mins and only a few yards away from me, because she like Ruth Davidson and William Rennie are a political irrelevance. I doubt most people even know who they are

Did you get off at haymarket with annabel?

I think I'd have got off sooner but each to their own.

Archived