General Election 2015

Ludo*1

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only certainty now is that independence is inevitable

This.

Once it becomes political capital in England to get it up Scotland (see the morning of September 19th and increasingly so ever since), the Union is running on fumes.

Bit of a gutter for the Scottish Brits who thought their love for Britain was reciprical.

The UDP were a now defunct UDA aligned party, so an unfortunate typo. Agree that a Tory/DUP/UKIP alignment could go to some scary places on social issues and the EU, but the Tories are nowhere near where they need to be for it to be a realistic prospect at this point, so don't think a reverse project fear would work unless the Tories start to consistently be in the lead in the polls.

Not even close. The DUP will get 10 seats at most and UKIP will get 3 at most. The Tories would need to win more seats than they did in 2010 for this to be realistic.

Short of a Miliband implosion in middle England, it's not happening.

"Ed Miliband has accused David Cameron of "demeaning his office" and putting the UK's future at risk as a row over the SNP's future role intensifies"

Maybe big Jim has more influence than we think! Or did the big shit just get in there first with the latest sound bite?

I don't think it makes a difference whether SNP loses a few seats to people tactically voting for Labour. Taking seats off the Lib Dems is much more important. As it will at least hurt the chances of them being able to do a deal Tories. Should the Tories come out of the election as the largest party.

Tell us about Black Wednesday John.

TBF, the Major years were a consequence of Thatcher's policies. Winning the 92 election was probably the worst thing that could have happened to the Tories. It's not saying much, but he's probably the best PM Britain has had over the last 40 years.

I've just done my bit for Dumfries and Galloway.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1429616054.602145.jpg

Why are they putting their address on the ballot?

This.

Once it becomes political capital in England to get it up Scotland (see the morning of September 19th and increasingly so ever since), the Union is running on fumes.

Bit of a gutter for the Scottish Brits who thought their love for Britain was reciprical.

The latest Cameron proposal to ensure that Scotland cannot prosper if the UK doesn't (the Annual Review) will be another nail in the coffin.

As an aside, are we going to see the same in reverse - an annual review of westminster policies that are detrimental to Scotland???? I can think of a few right off the bat.

Wings Over Scotland@WingsScotland50m50 minutes ago

These are amazing pics of Murphy's latest "event". Could everyone pack together any tighter to fake a "crowd"? pic.twitter.com/KZ7YocJfrg

94 retweets53 favourites
Retweet94Retweeted94
Favourite53Favourited53
More
  • Copy link to Tweet
  • Embed Tweet
CDHG6-cWIAAGHqx.jpg

Wal! What a flash crowd.

I'm seeing a lot of seethe down south that voters are going to be saddled with a party they didn't or couldn't vote for. Fair enough but I'm a tad naive - could someone explain to me how they would feel a lot better if the SNP launched 150 candidates in England and Wales. They'd then have the chance to vote for them, would choose not to and Scotland would return 50 SNP MPs anyway. What changes? In practice it would be a repeat of the process Labour used for years before the fucked up monumentally on this side of the border.

It doesn't matter whether England votes for the SNP or not. They can't vote for any party which campaigns only in one part of the UK. This time though that party will have a UK influence. Fuckin deal with it and stop greetin. Unless of course the UK should only ever be governed the way England votes - and that normally defines the true meaning of "union".

Labour aren't even trying in Angus. Postal vote came today, and their candidate lives in Bellshill :lol:

Some fucker called Gerard McMahon, who probably won't set foot in Angus during the entire campaign.

ETA, they had a couple of lackeys out delivery a totally bland leaflet in Forfar yesterday. No doorstepping, just leafleting and avoiding eye contact with anyone walking past.

Archived