General Election 2015

Ludo*1

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last time i voted tory. This time i voted snp so think i am quite happy. I didn't expect them to get a majority.

I struggle to understand the whole thing sometimes. Can anyone enlighten me as to what it means with the tories in power but snp with more seats?

My thinking was that it would be tory policies but with increased challenging from the likes of snp.

It will probably mean that Cameron will have to watch how he goes when canvassing in the EU referendum.

Last time i voted tory. This time i voted snp so think i am quite happy. I didn't expect them to get a majority.

I struggle to understand the whole thing sometimes. Can anyone enlighten me as to what it means with the tories in power but snp with more seats?

My thinking was that it would be tory policies but with increased challenging from the likes of snp.

If you win more seats than all of the other parties put together then you can pass all of your laws as they can't be opposed when MPs vote on them. The other parties can shout all they like but unless the government slips below half of the seats through by-elections there's nothing they can do.

If you win more seats than all of the other parties put together then you can pass all of your laws as they can't be opposed when MPs vote on them. The other parties can shout all they like but unless the government slips below half of the seats through by-elections there's nothing they can do.

Not as simple and straightforward as that, MP's don't follow the whip everytime, unless they're paying for it obviously. :)

Mmm i was very supportive of the tories last time. This time was the first election whereby i didnt really know what party to go for. I am probably more aligned to the tories out of everyone but some of their policies are too much.

Just seen the kelso result. Can't believe the guy dressed as a knight didn't win

Archived