Any lunatics still thinking Messi is the best?

Mr Romanov

I instantly ignore the views of anyone who says 'Fat Ronaldo'.

I agree I absolutely hate that reference towards him. Prefer the term "Real Ronaldo"

He is without doubt my favourite ever footballer. I was in my early teens when he burst into the scene and was an absolute phenomenon. I just loved the way he payed the game with his unbelievable pace and power.

It was a shame how his career was hampered some what by the whole 98 World Cup episode and the knee injuries but what a player he was.

I agree I absolutely hate that reference towards him. Prefer the term "Real Ronaldo"

He is without doubt my favourite ever footballer. I was in my early teens when he burst into the scene and was an absolute phenomenon. I just loved the way he payed the game with his unbelievable pace and power.

It was a shame how his career was hampered some what by the whole 98 World Cup episode and the knee injuries but what a player he was.

He did deserve a kick in the sack for this fucking nonsense though:

9e5e8943-bc77-4ccd-832f-1e50573ccede.jpg

Somebody on here doesn't think Maradona is in the top 5 players ever.  Find a new sport. 

Nobody who is 36 saw Maradona in his primary,  not even real Ronaldo really. 

Name the best teenagers in the world right now.  Hardly any that even get a game at top clubs.  Ronaldo won world player of the year as a teenager.   That's how good heSwas, at that age he was light years ahead of Messi and Cristiano,  absolute light years.   Totally unplayable,  had every attribute you'd want in spades.   Frighteningly good.

Edited by Peppino Impastato

Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi have consistently been the two best players in the world for what, like 7 years now? Not up for debate really.

You do know that football has existed for over 7 years right?

Just because they have been the two best players for sustained period during the current era doesn't automatically make them the two best players of all time imo.

You do know that football has existed for over 7 years right?

Just because they have been the two best players for sustained period during the current era doesn't automatically make them the two best players of all time imo.

Well, obviously.

But, can you point me to two players in any period in football that have been consistently improving for as long as Ronaldo and Messi? Whilst also considering the records they have made/broken? Moreover the sheer goalscoring stats they have achieved?

Well, obviously.

But, can you point me to two players in any period in football that have been consistently improving for as long as Ronaldo and Messi? Whilst also considering the records they have made/broken? Moreover the sheer goalscoring stats they have achieved?

I don't disagree with you that they are two of the greatest of all time. As I have said before it is all very subjective but I still feel Maradona was a better player than both of them.

Messi and Ronaldo's stats are incredible but for me for absolute talent and dragging average teams to winning major competitions Maradona just shades it for me but I can see the argument for Messi being the goat.

Without spending hours wading through websites the only player who I can see that matches them in goal stats is Puskas who according to Wikipedia scored 616 in 620 games.

In terms

I don't disagree with you that they are two of the greatest of all time. As I have said before it is all very subjective but I still feel Maradona was a better player than both of them.

Messi and Ronaldo's stats are incredible but for me for absolute talent and dragging average teams to winning major competitions Maradona just shades it for me but I can see the argument for Messi being the goat.

Without spending hours wading through websites the only player who I can see that matches them in goal stats is Puskas who according to Wikipedia scored 616 in 620 games.

Somebody on here doesn't think Maradona is in the top 5 players ever.  Find a new sport. 

Name the best teenagers in the world right now.  Hardly any that even get a game at top clubs.  Ronaldo won world player of the year as a teenager.   That's how good heSwas, at that age he was light years ahead of Messi and Cristiano,  absolute light years.   Totally unplayable,  had every attribute you'd want in spades.   Frighteningly good.

The bit I've made bold... LOLWUT?!

What a slavering fool [emoji1]

12 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

I thought that can't be right, so did a search.

This doesn't really back up my point but I had to laugh at number 5 in their rundown.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/dele-alli-tottenham-star-named-in-top-10-best-teenagers-in-world-football-a6839021.html#gallery

There you go,  at that age Ronaldo was wpoty.   Nobody as ever come close to that, certainly not Messi or Ronaldo.   It's staggering. 

Maradona was finished by a out 1988,  if you're 36 you definitely didn't see him anywhere near his prime, and even Ronaldo was past his best by your,16th birthday. 

There you go,  at that age Ronaldo was wpoty.   Nobody as ever come close to that, certainly not Messi or Ronaldo.   It's staggering. 

Maradona was finished by a out 1988,  if you're 36 you definitely didn't see him anywhere near his prime, and even Ronaldo was past his best by your,16th birthday. 

As far as trolling efforts go this is perhaps your most woeful yet.

If you're genuinely not trolling, then you're honestly thick as f**k and really struggling with simple maths.

I was born in 1980.

Maradona's prime was circa '86 at the World Cup in Mexico, and the 5 years he spent at Napoli between '84 & '91.

Ronaldo was barely 4 months into his season at Barcelona on my 16th birthday. Lets not pretend you think he was at his best when he played for PSV in the diddy Dutch league.

ETA: Oh Supras! [emoji1]

Ronaldo won wpoty in December 96, for three quarters of that year he was 19.   Making him the world's best player as a teenager, a feat mMessi and ronaldo couldn't come close to. 

Maradona was finished by the 90 wc, that was a surprisingly good last hurrah for him,  and you were ten.   You didn't see him anyway near his prime.  88 89 were his last good years.