Scotland v Republic of Ireland

Lyle Lanley

This is like a Dundee away game, when they claim their massive support will turn up and roar their side to victory. Before a quarter of the suggested crowd appear and just sit about with the odd song and/or moan.

:blink: Saints fan mocking another teams travelling support lolzers !

C'mon Scotland !! 3 points tonight and we will be in a great position for the games next year - nothing to fear from then on !

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On coach from Manchester, was surprised to see around a dozen or so Colombian fans boarding a southbound coach. Who are they playing, and where? Anyone know?

USA at Craven Cottage

Never realised booing McGeady for being a diving, cheating wee c**t constituted racism. Learn something new every day

The Irish media will be looking for any excuse to slam the scottish fans after everything the FAI chairmans said about the SFA.

Best thing to do is ignore these c***s.

Shite like that makes me seethe.

Asked the author of the article on Twitter where the evidence of "sustained racist abuse" was, she replied that Phil Mac says so. No punchline needed. What she also fails to grasp is the purely tribal nature of football, whereby these boys would get booed if they chose to play for any nation ahead of their own. Boos do not equate to racism.

I'm just worried that when I take my wee cousin to the pantomime this year, that if I boo the villain for deciding to hide Cindarella's ticket to the ball, that Phil Mac will be standing behind the curtain pointing me out to the Police. I heard that the man playing the villain this year has an Irish mum :(

I doubt anyone is naive enough to deny that were was certain sectarian and racists views held towards Irish Catholic immigrants in Scotland in the past and indeed this lovely document got an airing during the week http://www.scribd.com/doc/152217519/Menace-of-the-Irish-Race-to-our-Scottish-Nationality which a large number of Irish people had never heard of that document and I would say in Ireland the overwhelming view of Irish people is positive towards Scotland and its people. I would imagine some of the past injustices were passed down amongst the Irish emigrant community and there are grievances but time and life moves on.

Anyway soon hopefully a football match will break out, it will tense with both teams misplacing passes and hitting the ball long and at times not retaining possession. I think there wil be lots of silly yellow cards which could come back to haunt both teams when it comes to games later in the group and key players will be missing. It has 1-1 or 1-0 written all over it and could be a proper shitfest ....

Edited by denltfc

I doubt anyone is naive enough to deny that were was certain sectarian and racists views held towards Irish Catholic immirgrants in Scotland in the past and indeed this lovely document got an airing during the week http://www.scribd.com/doc/152217519/Menace-of-the-Irish-Race-to-our-Scottish-Nationality which a large number of Irish people had never heard of that document and I would say in Ireland the overwhelming view of Irish people is positive towards Scotland and its people. I would imagine some of the past injustices were passed down amongst the Irish emigrant community and there are grievances but time and life moves on..

To be fair, in 2014 few Scottish people give a flying f**k either way. Which is why that article posted earlier in the page comes across as either straightforward troublemaking or basic delusion.

To be fair, in 2014 few Scottish people give a flying f**k either way. Which is why that article posted earlier in the page comes across as either straightforward troublemaking or basic delusion.

That Phil has a massive chip on his shoulder regarding Scotland.

this lovely document got an airing during the week http://www.scribd.com/doc/152217519/Menace-of-the-Irish-Race-to-our-Scottish-Nationality which a large number of Irish people had never heard of that document

That's about as relevant as posting a UKIP manifesto (if they even have one) and claiming it to be representative of the attitude of Scottish people in general.

Asked the author of the article on Twitter where the evidence of "sustained racist abuse" was, she replied that Phil Mac says so. No punchline needed. What she also fails to grasp is the purely tribal nature of football, whereby these boys would get booed if they chose to play for any nation ahead of their own. Boos do not equate to racism.

I'm just worried that when I take my wee cousin to the pantomime this year, that if I boo the villain for deciding to hide Cindarella's ticket to the ball, that Phil Mac will be standing behind the curtain pointing me out to the Police. I heard that the man playing the villain this year has an Irish mum :(

I notice she wasn't able to give any evidence of that racist abuse. And she is employed as Phil McScrabblescore's book editor. And uses his opinion as a source to make a claim of widespread, prolonged racism. Journalistic standards at the Irish Examiner are clearly not Woodward and Bernstein level.

Left it too late before deciding i was going and not finding any luck finding spares, could anyone recommend my chances of getting a ticket if i head to Glasgow for about half 3? Most people saying to just go for it but i might get ripped off or even worse not get one and make a wasted journey

If you head through to chance your arm your best bet is to get to the gates next to the tunnel under the north stand. There is usually someone selling a ticket around there

I doubt anyone is naive enough to deny that were was certain sectarian and racists views held towards Irish Catholic immigrants in Scotland in the past and indeed this lovely document got an airing during the week http://www.scribd.com/doc/152217519/Menace-of-the-Irish-Race-to-our-Scottish-Nationality which a large number of Irish people had never heard of that document

I know that Scotland and Ireland haven't really played that many games but I can't remember any crap like this before. I certainly can't recall Scots fans regarding a game against Ireland in racial or sectarian terms. Aye, we rip the pish out of who qualifies as Irish and, aye, McGeady and McCarthy would get pelters, but not because they chose Ireland but because they chose not-Scotland.

denltfc said, "in Ireland the overwhelming view of Irish people is positive towards Scotland and its people." and I'd say that is reciprocated by Scots towards Ireland.

Scotland fans are not sectarian. Ireland fans are not sectarian. So who the f**k is stirring the shit?