Scotland v Republic of Ireland

Lyle Lanley

I think maybe a wee bit of prudence should be shown in thinking we're going to get third or above place and Ireland are consigned to fail. O'Neill has a habit of producing good results from nowhere, as does Strachan. Slagging off a team and manager before we're even half way through is stupid so I'll wait and see if we can do it

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this was summed this up well as a heavyweight win. The kind of game we rarely do win.

Pretty nervy stuff, but I thought we did enough to win. And McGeady was utter dross. Pleasing.

Never mind raging, they must be fucking freezing in just t-shirts.

I was just wearing my Scotland shirt, as the alcohol started to wear off it certainly did get a bit chilly.

Maloney, the resulting scenes and the tripping puss of the Irish sitting a few rows behind me made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Scots/Irish parentage and Celtic my team,it seems to me there is still a lot of hate the Irish bile going down,and here was me thinking it only came from the *** end of the Sevco support apparently got that wrong,my hopes that we were rid of this type of nonsense seems to be dashed,I think it is a big problem for most Scots and it comes out now and again,maybe the Scots can,t stand the Irish because they wouldn,t ever bow down to the English/British war machine,regardless of what they could throw at them they stood tall and proud,they taught us a lesson.As for the game "thuggery" bit strong really Scotland just edged it in the skill department but there wasn,t as the scoreline suggests much in it,I wanted Scotland to win but hope that the republic are up there.

Is that lesson 'be better at growing potatoes'?

I think maybe a wee bit of prudence should be shown in thinking we're going to get third or above place and Ireland are consigned to fail. O'Neill has a habit of producing good results from nowhere, as does Strachan. Slagging off a team and manager before we're even half way through is stupid so I'll wait and see if we can do it

Long way to go and Southern Ireland have a run of home games coming up.

Scotland have made a good start epitomised by the feeling that the 2-1 defeat in Germany was a missed opportunity.

Even third place would present a decent opportunity to progress via the playoffs?

I think it's fair to assume that anyone who uses:

• an 'x' before and after their name online
  • the phantom 'h' to words in order to make it more 'Irish' (see: 'Bhoy' etc)
  • squiggly lines in posts to make them more pretty

is most likely either a 15 year old girl, or a man in his 50's pretending to be a 15 year old girl. Either way, still trying to pretend that MSN Messenger didn't die and emailing the owners of Bebo to demand that their Bebo 'love' of 589 be recognised in some way as "it wiz mare than that fat slag Sonia who pumped ma Tony hud".

Either way, not really the behaviour of a parent.

I seriously wouldnae quit the day job if I was you Columbo. :wacko::lol: Also, Ive actually been a member here longer than you so, y'know, pipe down. ^_^ How exactly x's and ~'s have anything at all to do with parenting Ive got no clue but maybe Mumsnet left its mark when they were over here after all?! Again, stick to what you know about.

And I didnae mean to confuse you but my football team are called 'the bhoys'. With that information I think even you can struggle your way to make the link between that & my name.

Scots/Irish parentage and Celtic my team,it seems to me there is still a lot of hate the Irish bile going down,and here was me thinking it only came from the *** end of the Sevco support apparently got that wrong,my hopes that we were rid of this type of nonsense seems to be dashed,I think it is a big problem for most Scots and it comes out now and again,maybe the Scots can,t stand the Irish because they wouldn,t ever bow down to the English/British war machine,regardless of what they could throw at them they stood tall and proud,they taught us a lesson.As for the game "thuggery" bit strong really Scotland just edged it in the skill department but there wasn,t as the scoreline suggests much in it,I wanted Scotland to win but hope that the republic are up there.

Using a comma as an apostrophe. Your grammar is physically painful to read.

Long way to go and Southern Ireland have a run of home games coming up.

Scotland have made a good start epitomised by the feeling that the 2-1 defeat in Germany was a missed opportunity.

Even third place would present a decent opportunity to progress via the playoffs?

Looking around the groups there are unlikely to be many strongish teams finishing in the playoff spots. Iceland, Wales/Israel, Slovakia/Ukraine, Slovenia, Hungary/N Ireland, Austria/Russia, Norway all with a decent chance of being in there. Unless a 'big' team has a seriously bad qualification campaign.

Your eye-bleeding punctuation aside you are missing the entire point: Scotland fans have no problem with Irish fans but the run-up to this game was tainted by The Plastic Paddies who turned the whole encounter septic (and that isn't a mis-type).

Your use of 'Sevco' and you ill-advised use of the 'H' word shows you as part of the problem.

It should be noted that the Rangers fans who posted on this thread have only done so to support Scotland and not to express any sort of GIRFUY to Ireland.

vexame_brasileiro_poucas_palavras2.jpg

blowing_kiss_christian_bale.gif