Dundee United Launch Internal Investigation

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Full statement here - http://dufc.co/news/club-statement-3/

"Dundee United can confirm that following a thorough investigation into reports that two of our first team squad were involved in wrongdoing at the weekend, we have decided that the club can no longer remain quiet re: these troubling allegations. After meetings with the players involved, the 'victim' and the local authorities, we are left with no alternative but to cancel the contracts of the two players. Dundee United does not condone any sort of illicit behaviour in the community or elsewhere and firmly believes that there is no place for actions of this sort in a civilised and modern society. If any other Dundee United players are caught doing an act as despicable as sleeping with a Dundee supporter then we will have no option but to terminate their contract also. We hope this clears the matter up."

404 not found. Could this potentially be the confirmation regarding the possibility that Paul Paton is alleged to have perhaps boxed zaluska up?*

*all names are fictional and have been changed to protect the identity of the possibly innocent.

Of all the Celtic players you could chose to attack - who the f**k would choose Zaluska? Utd probably haven't seen him on a pitch since he left them. Especially when you have options like Stokes and Griffiths to attack. Baffling.

Of all the Celtic players you could chose to attack - who the f**k would choose Zaluska? Utd probably haven't seen him on a pitch since he left them. Especially when you have options like Stokes and Griffiths to attack. Baffling.

Emmm, probably 'cos it's more than likely to have the square root of f**k all to do with football?

Two egos on a night out, alcohol more than likely involved, and a fight breaks out. Happens every night in every town the length and breadth of the country. But I bet you don't get guys standing in the kebab shop doorway watching one of those fights and saying "Christ, they two don't even work th'gither, a wonder why they're fighting".

I doubt DU will do anything if he's found guilty. St Mirren stood by McGowan after he attacked 2 Police officers and Man Utd stood by Cantona. It's the thing to do.

When you say "it's the thing to do" do you mean 'its the right thing to do'? If so some of us might take issue with that.

When you say "it's the thing to do" do you mean 'its the right thing to do'? If so some of us might take issue with that.

No, I mean that as in clubs sweeping it under the carpet is the done thing.

Fraser rightly served a fairly hefty ban, for a first time, albeit very serious, offence that was tantamount to assault on a football pitch. The club stood by him, and out of it we've got a very talented young midfielder, and he hasn't reoffended since. It could be attributed to him growing up, realising his conduct was unacceptable, feeling he owes it to the club to keep his cool in future etc.

If he does similar again then I'd be very concerned if the club didn't terminate his contract, but as it is I'm happy to have him at Firhill, and as above he seems to have grown up a good deal.

edit: there's no sweeping under the carpet in that link you've posted that I can see? The manager has acknowledged it, and there's an official club statement?

Fraser rightly served a fairly hefty ban, for a first time, albeit very serious, offence that was tantamount to assault on a football pitch. The club stood by him, and out of it we've got a very talented young midfielder, and he hasn't reoffended since. It could be attributed to him growing up, realising his conduct was unacceptable, feeling he owes it to the club to keep his cool in future etc.

If he does similar again then I'd be very concerned if the club didn't terminate his contract, but as it is I'm happy to have him at Firhill, and as above he seems to have grown up a good deal.

edit: there's no sweeping under the carpet in that link you've posted that I can see? The manager has acknowledged it, and there's an official club statement?

"tantamount to assault on a football pitch"?! It was tantamount to assault anywhere, and he was very lucky that the football field remains some sort of haven for all bad behaviour.

Archived