Hamilton Academical vs Partick Thistle - Saturday 1 November

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should be sharper in attack if Fraser and Higginbotham return. Welsh likely to be in contention, too.

If Higgy and Fraser are back that would be great but the plastic pitch might be a concern for those 2.

I wouldnt risk Higgy or Fraser against Hamilton. There's no point in risking big name Premiership players on such a disgraceful surface.

Agreed. On a different and difficult surface there is no need to have two of our best coming back from injury and playing if it could and cause them more injury. A return on grass the following week is better option.

That being said I am sure Archie and his back room medical staff know how ready they are to make an impact. Hope they comeback injury free for rest of year.

I hope Welsh comes back for rest of season as he must be awfully frustrated.

With those three back and if we can keep relatively injury free we have a good squad and one more than capable of talking up a higher finish than last year. It's quite exciting.

The pitch chat is pretty tedious. A quick Google search will show various studies showing that bar ankle injuries, you are just as likely to get injured on artificial as you are on grass.

The pitch chat is pretty tedious. A quick Google search will show various studies showing that bar ankle injuries, you are just as likely to get injured on artificial as you are on grass.

They're just planting the seeds for their excuses later after the defeat :)

If higginbotham and Fraser are fit then that's a huge bonus for us. If not, then I'm happy enough going with the same as v st Johnstone with seaborne in for balatoni. Elliott has been quite impressive in his run in the team recently IMO, but obviously higginbotham is, on his day, our most creative player and should be first name on the team sheet. It'll be interesting to see who starts up front v Celtic as I have a feeling if it's eccleston then doolan will start at the weekend. Doolan is obviously a fan favourite but for me, he hasn't been playing particularly well this season at all. I'd like to see what eccleston has to offer. From the highlights at least, Hamilton were the better team v Dundee and can count themselves unlucky but will be interesting to see how they bounce back from that defeat.

2-1 thistle.

I wouldnt risk Higgy or Fraser against Hamilton. There's no point in risking big name Premiership players on such a disgraceful surface.

I was genuinly a bit worried before our last game after all the talk about Fraser tearing us a new one and beating us into submission. He had a good chance in the match if I remember, fluffed it!

I was genuinly a bit worried before our last game after all the talk about Fraser tearing us a new one and beating us into submission. He had a good chance in the match if I remember, fluffed it!

Higgy did okay with his chance.

Archived