Where do we go from here?

champions league diddy team mibbe, he does not have to invest much to make rangers european regulars though who should be able to qualify for champions league albeit anything past the group stage being a major success. However it would not take much of an investment to make rangers a half decent strong europa league team .

Get a grip you twit. You're borrowing £2m to avoid extinction and you're claiming Ashley won't need to spend much to make you competitive in the CL?

Sheesh!!!

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At the end of this season Newcastle will have gone 60 years without a domestic trophy. Yet the fans still turn out in their droves and buy shirts in their thousands. I don't see Rangers going that long without a trophy. If Ashley plays it right Rangers could be at the top of Scottish Football for a pittance of the investment that buys Newcastle mid table safety.

Spot on.

Newcastle fans accept, nay embrace, mediocrity in a way that I can't see Rangers fans doing.

Ashley should be able to sell loads of shirts if Rangers become sort of successful. That shouldn't be too expensive, but the sums will need to add up for him.

Should never have been closed. The BRALT is a total no go area. Keep that thread for throbbers.

Ah, God is in his heaven and all is well with the world as DomDom again goes out of his way to tell us he's better than those who post on the BRALT.

Would that he were.

Spot on.

Newcastle fans accept, nay embrace, mediocrity in a way that I can't see Rangers fans doing.

Ashley should be able to sell loads of shirts if Rangers become sort of successful. That shouldn't be too expensive, but the sums will need to add up for him.

And who says he is a bayre?

Do the lunatic fringe even believe in witchcraft ?

9780762448159_p0_v2_s260x420.JPG

Voodoo they do, is zombie shite, but witchcraft?

I have seen Rangers become the first British team to play in the Champions League group stages..seen them get within the width of a post of a Champions League final and seen them in a major European final but for all that in my lifetime Rangers have always been a European diddy team. It is just what we are and always will be unless a Sheikh Mansour kinda guy takes a brain storm and decides to throw a few hundred million our way.

I don't agree that Rangers have been a European diddy throughout your lifetime.

They certainly have been for close to twenty years, but that's not their fault. No matter how well they'd been run, they'd be diddies due to the fact that they come from a country with small TV audiences.

Going back further though, they've been a force. As Scottish champions they recorded wins against counterparts from strong countries. In fact they even won a European Trophy during your lifetime you old b*****d.

Bit redundant to say I've genuinely no idea what's happening with this, but pretty pessimistic.

I was back home at the weekend and the old man was trying to put the positive perspective based on the premise that:

Ashley got roped in early on and aims to protect his investment, which translates into stability once in the Premiership;

Balanced books over the medium- to long-term;

European competition important as a way to promote Sports Direct which can't be achieved season-after-season with Newcastle;

He's selling Newcastle in a couple of years, and Rangers is the vehicle to promote Sports Direct through titles / regular European competition.

My view is that a £2M secured loan is a minimum rescue package to secure retail interests. There is every chance for Ashley to acquire a decent short-term profit with this absolute minimal investment by limping into Premiership and then draining the retail/club income while increasing the liabilities.

Get a grip you twit. You're borrowing £2m to avoid extinction and you're claiming Ashley won't need to spend much to make you competitive in the CL?

Sheesh!!!

Read the post correctly you tit. I said it would not take much of an investment on Ashley's behalf to get rangers as European regulars, particularly compared to what it would take at nufc. Anything achieved at champions league level would be a bonus but with a few years of domestic stability behind ourselves first.

If you'd don't like it stop going, stop buying merchandise, stop buying subscriptions to rangers tv, even if you'd get a sash bash against Celtic don't go, every penny you pass over is you endorcing him as your new leader.

:lol:

Thanks No8, I think the forum needed a "let's all laugh at The Rangers fans weeping about their soon to be extinct club thread" :)

Where do you go from here No8 ?, usually like all the seasons before were you said "Not a penny more from me and I'm not renewing my season ticket" to "Can I have two season tickets please". :lol:

The point is you created a thread after all that P&B as a whole posted from the very beginning of reforming the carcass back together, and yet ?, here we are where we all said you and yer club would be eventually. In the shitter well and truly fucked up.

At the time i don't think many could understand the deal/s Ashley was given during Greens time as CEO. Does anybody think this was always Green / Ashleys intentions or am i reading too much into that?

Or was Green put in there at the start and financed by Ashley? The end game being- exactly where it is now. Why would D&P give Green the go ahead at the 11th hour. Someone with a great deal of power and cash must have been influencing that decision from the start. And Ashley's name was being mentioned many times at the start of all this. So was Green his sacrificial succulent lamb, with the promise of a retirement fund and a nice little castle in sunny Normandy?

post-40589-14145380350403_thumb.jpg

Or was Green put in there at the start and financed by Ashley? The end game being- exactly where it is now. Why would D&P give Green the go ahead at the 11th hour. Someone with a great deal of power and cash must have been influencing that decision from the start. And Ashley's name was being mentioned many times at the start of all this. So was Green his sacrificial succulent lamb, with the promise of a retirement fund and a nice little castle run down farm house in sunny Normandy?

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1414538037.955178.jpg

Fixed that wee bit for you.

There is also a rumour that Green owed Ashley money and it is supposed to explain many of the awesome deals that Ashley got. But it is only rumour.

It was all a conspiracy

A question i asked in my column some weeks ago. Just who introduced Mike Ashley to Charles Green? And were they paid for the service? Mmm.

0 replies2 retweets0 favorites
Retweet2
Favorite
More
  1. keith jackson retweeted

Oh really... ''In the club with Mike Ashley and Rangers owner Craig Whyte'' Suzie McGuire's court case: http://www.scotsman.com/what-s-on/tv-radio/dj-suzie-mcguire-tried-to-take-own-life-over-abuse-1-3586627

Haven't had time to read this through fully but if Ashley gets access to the trademark it will make starting a "new" Rangers very difficult will it not? You know the scenario - a Darlington 1883 type thing. It would be similar to the way Easy Jet sue folk who brand their business with Easy in the title.

It will soon reach the stage of MA's way or no way.

If Rangers had had someone like Ann Budge they'd have been a lot better off. Deeper pockets certainly but the right spirit and feeling for the club. Hearts have been able to regroup, bring some young boys through, scout effectively, sign experience prudently and develop a model to achieve fan ownership. After the Romanov approach that's got to be good news. Although the 5 1 was a glorious event right enough. But I think Jambos are now proud of how their club has its soul back and I doubt we'll hear that from Rangers fans for a wee while yet.

Read the post correctly you tit. I said it would not take much of an investment on Ashley's behalf to get rangers as European regulars, particularly compared to what it would take at nufc. Anything achieved at champions league level would be a bonus but with a few years of domestic stability behind ourselves first.

You have to go through qualifiers to get to CL. That would take a 20 mil over haul of the squad at Rangers to even have a sniff. Could you see Rangers beating the 4th placed EPL team to make it, Not a chance in hell will Rangers get anywhere near the CL this decade.

Regular Euro football(europa League) is at least 10 years away for rangers you dont have the money to buy players, freebies aint gonna get you into the Europa league never mind CL.

MA will never invest that sort of money into Rangers, and the fans have left in there thousands. Its not good for Scottish football but Rangers are now on the same level as Aberdeen and Hearts as crowds would prove and the team on the pitch would prove. They are just better finacially run than Rangers at the moment.

You have to go through qualifiers to get to CL. That would take a 20 mil over haul of the squad at Rangers to even have a sniff. Could you see Rangers beating the 4th placed EPL team to make it, Not a chance in hell will Rangers get anywhere near the CL this decade.

Regular Euro football(europa League) is at least 10 years away for rangers you dont have the money to buy players, freebies aint gonna get you into the Europa league never mind CL.

MA will never invest that sort of money into Rangers, and the fans have left in there thousands. Its not good for Scottish football but Rangers are now on the same level as Aberdeen and Hearts as crowds would prove and the team on the pitch would prove. They are just better finacially run than Rangers at the moment.

I know i shouldn't reply to an obvious mentalist but i have to ask...Are you trolling or are you honestly this deluded?

The fans have not really left though, they are deliberately staying away, quite a difference, the key to success at Rangers is getting those fans back to supporting the club not just emotionally but financially, Mike Ashley is not stupid and he will be well aware of the underlying issues, will be interesting to see how he tackles them.

They have 2 fans back already. Went into the office yesterday and there was Matt looking for a stadium plan to choose where he wants his season ticket :thumsup2

I told him to buy your Bar 72 ticket...He was going to until he saw the price :lol:

thats a rather simplistic view, Ashley does not need to invest much at all to get rangers as regular 2nd place finishers at least when back in the premier division. which will in turn provide regular europa league appearances. and also they are not always going to get paired against the 4th placed team in the premier league for champions league qualifiers, the last time this happened was when celtic played arsenal in 09 and I cant recall this happening previous to this . also this is not a case of rangers fans being lost , it is them choosing to stay away due to boardroom issues, it is up to ashley to change this and get these fans to drop their issue and return. rangers will be in europe within 3 years of their return to the top flight should Ashley bring stability and invest .

with stability and some investment from Ashley I predict rangers will be challening for the title and playing european football within 3-5 years. again this is down to wether Ashley provides the stability we need and does not produce another basket case of a board

Archived