Hartley and Neil

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neil's so good that Hartley managed to get a side built by Bomber Brown to finish above his.

You realise the logic your using here pretty much means Bomber is a better manager than Hartley?

You realise the logic your using here pretty much means Bomber is a better manager than Hartley?

accies wer always going 2 b better in top league

as we get more time/room 2 play and not get kicked about that u get in championship

In what sense? Bomber built a terrible, imbalanced squad and Hartley managed to win the league with it.

We're still suffering the consequences of Bomber as he gave half the squad automatic extensions based on promotion when some were barely good enough at that level.

In what sense? Bomber built a terrible, imbalanced squad and Hartley managed to win the league with it.

We're still suffering the consequences of Bomber as he gave half the squad automatic extensions based on promotion when some were barely good enough at that level.

Good point that, Ludo. He's been left lumbered with some dross that he'd definitely have been looking to move on and replace with better.

aul Hartley resigns as Alloa Athletic manager

Paul Hartley has resigned as manager of Alloa Athletic following Saturday's 5-1 loss to Dumbarton at Recreation Park.

The 37-year-old former Scotland midfielder took over in May 2011 and oversaw back-to-back promotions.

He leaves the part-timers sitting eighth in the Championship, 10 points clear of the relegation play-off spot.

Hartley, who played for Hearts and Celtic, was interviewed by Inverness CT in November, but missed out as the Highlanders chose John Hughes.

He wouldnt shitebag it again under very similar circumstances a year down the line would he ^_^

Nizzy, on 01 Jan 2015 - 19:33, said:

How many of Schenk, Ferry, Thompson, Roberts, and Tankulic did Hartley sign?

Deeboy, on 01 Jan 2015 - 19:44, said:

There's nothing wrong with Thomson or Tankulic. The jury is out on Ferry but Schenk was signed as we needed cover when Letheren was injured first time. We couldn't get Adam again.

Roberts has the talent, he's just a waster.

Pretty much this, don't fault Hartley for any of his signings really. Schenk was signed in an emergency after we couldn't get Adam in again as third choice. Roberts as said is talented, but his attitude isn't helping him get anywhere.

The only real 'dud' that Hartley has signed so far is Roberts really.

There's nothing wrong with Thomson or Tankulic. The jury is out on Ferry but Schenk was signed as we needed cover when Letheren was injured first time. We couldn't get Adam again.

Roberts has the talent, he's just a waster.

I don't doubt Thomson's talent, but he's a crock. Was he a gamble worth taking? Tankulic? My opinion's obviously clouded by the pre-season hype.

Roberts a waster? Is that any surprise given the manner in which he departed his previous two clubs? Another gamble. Hartley obviously thought he could get the best out of him but, to date, has failed.

Neil on the other hand has individuals like Imrie playing out of their skins for the benefit of the team. Seems his signings have been more astute while he's also managed to get the best out of the players who'd started to go stale under his predecessor.

I don't disagree he's failed to get Roberts to work. We knew it was a gamble, it hasn't paid off and to be honest, I doubt it will.

The rest, I stand by my original statement.

The biggest tribute I can pay Neil is he's got Curier actually playing for the team. That's a big achievement in itself.

MAC has had a fair amount of stick on here, I'm sure but despite the plaudits 22, Crawford and McGovern have received this season, I'd say he's been our key player. Haven't scored in a game in all competitions he hasn't started since Arbroath at home in the very first game of the season, his hold up plays been good and he's actually RAN. It makes faults that have carried over (still offside a lot) less annoying. Having a pre - season under his belt has had a huge effect. 8 goals isn't bad as well.

we have the same sqaud as last year

yet wer miles ahead of u in points and playing style and with the lowest budget

as i said getting 2 top league has let us play our brand of football we could not do 2 our best in chmpionship.

Archived