Hartley and Neil

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hartley was favourite for Cardiff at one point and rejected it offhand. Norwich are a much more stable club and whilst it might seem a bit left field, I reckon Neil could do well there. Not that I think he will get it but potential is there for him to take it to the next level.

I can't remember exactly when Neil took over, did he bring them up in his first full season? How did they do the season before last?

I think the guy that just left Norwich came from their youth set up so maybe that is the road they are going down. No reason why Neil can't make the step up!

I think it may be too early for Neil, he's clearly an excellent manager but a lot of that is to do with being with the club so long. He's been involved in the coaching at the club from top to bottom and built this team for years. Moving to a club where he doesn't know the players and a club that may have a different philosophy than Accies may be a bit much for him at the moment. Looks like we're already grooming Canning to be his sucessor anyway but again it would probably be too soon for him to step up.

I can't remember exactly when Neil took over, did he bring them up in his first full season? How did they do the season before last?

He did get us promoted in his first full season. He was appointed in the April when Reid left, and won 6 of the last 7 games of the season. That form carried on at the start of the next season.

It was an incredible, immediate turnaround in a team that was dead on its feet and serving up dross under Billy Reid.

I think it may be too early for Neil, he's clearly an excellent manager but a lot of that is to do with being with the club so long. He's been involved in the coaching at the club from top to bottom and built this team for years. Moving to a club where he doesn't know the players and a club that may have a different philosophy than Accies may be a bit much for him at the moment. Looks like we're already grooming Canning to be his sucessor anyway but again it would probably be too soon for him to step up.

100% agree with all of this.

I think the guy that just left Norwich came from their youth set up so maybe that is the road they are going down. No reason why Neil can't make the step up!

Close to relegation when BR left and Alex took over played 2 up top Steve may and another and we started giving teams a pumping and finished 4th. Then promotion in his first full year.

Close to relegation when BR left and Alex took over played 2 up top Steve may and another and we started giving teams a pumping and finished 4th. Then promotion in his first full year.

What are you on about we were always going to be safe, barring an amazing run of form from the 3 teams below there was no way, plus we finished 5th.

He signed a reserve goalie for a £20k did he not?

Not just a reserve goalie, but Darren Hill. I've struggled to get over that decision for months now. Just so bizarre. Darren Hill who was substitute goalkeeper at Forfar behind a 42 year old Rab Douglas, and they spent 20k on him.

Not just a reserve goalie, but Darren Hill. I've struggled to get over that decision for months now. Just so bizarre. Darren Hill who was substitute goalkeeper at Forfar behind a 42 year old Rab Douglas, and they spent 20k on him.

Apparently a young, homegrown team built for buttons consists of blowing thousands on geriatrics now.

5k not 20k and yes its a strange signing but only 5k ffs

5k not 20k and yes its a strange signing but only 5k ffs

Source?

Even if it's 5k (I originally thought it was 15k) it's 15k too much as they'd have to pay me to take him. And that's as a fan that has Arvid Schenk playing for us.

Source?

Even if it's 5k (I originally thought it was 15k) it's 15k too much as they'd have to pay me to take him. And that's as a fan that has Arvid Schenk playing for us.

Considering we got McGovern for nothing, who gives a f**k about a few grand for Hill?

Archived