Financially unsure Motherwell vs Celtic 6/12/14

Can't disagree with the red there.

Ramsden has been terrible today anyway.

Yup, great poster. was two feet of ground so was straight red regardless of whether or not it was clear goal scoring opportunity. Unlike the hearts one Gomis did that was more of a yellow, this one more dangerous tackle.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a ridiculous tackle! Can't quite figure out exactly what he was trying to do but it was a stick on red.

Yup another great poster. Unlike hearts game where we got a soft red, arguably only a yellow and a penalty when Guidetti slipped that wasn't a pen, and a goal wrongly chopped of for a non tackle on the keeper, here we had the red card and dive by Motherwell guy called correctly but the linesman missed the offside and penalty shout against left back of Motherwell. Officials are not biased for or against any club, just incompetent.

The majority of the Celtic fans on here are utter bawbags aren't they?

Anyway, I thought we were lucky not to get blown away in the first half. Could, and probably should, have been 3-0 down after 20 minutes. Shambolic defending in the lead up to the goal, have no idea what Ramsden was doing to let the ball run past him.

As for the sending off, see my previous sentence. Not the best day, or season, for Simon Ramsden.

Bizarrely, we actually played better after we went down to 10 men. Of course, Twardzik kept us in the game on a number of occasions, but the best chance of the game fell to Erwin. A poor miss, but the youngster looked lively and must be on course for a start next week. Sutton has been pretty useless for weeks now.

I'd asked for something to look forward to before the game going into the Ross County/St Mirren double header. In Erwin and Ainsworth, I think we have that.

On the whole, Celtic didn't really impress me, however, Stefan Johansen was different class IMO. Man of the Match by a country mile in my book.

this and this! Great post. Johansen a fav of mine as a dim. Much better than Chris Commons esp at higher levels of game where you need some athletic ability too to make chances. But don't you think "the King" and "drew bees" are ok Celtic posters? I do.

After 15 mins it was heading that way! We were getting torn apart and it was just sheer good fortune that we weren't at least 3 down by then. Yet the one goal they did score was an absolute gift, poor ball by Kerr but shocking defending from the experienced Ramsden. Just put the ball in the fucking stand and reorganize. We actually played better after he went off and one positive is at least he won't get his usual guaranteed starting spot next week.

I'm not going to kid myself though, Celtic were the far better team and I actually thought played some really nice football. They created plenty of chances and only some poor finishing and wee Dan in goal, much like last week, prevented it from being an absolute pumping. Some Motherwell fans seem to have it in for Twardzik cause he's 'too wee to be a keeper' but after an iffy start this season I've really grown to like him.

Him apart I though young Ferguson showed up well and Lee Erwin, despite missing a sitter and having a blatant dive, looked a real handful and really should be in line to start next week over Sutton. He offers so much more pace, skill and movement than Sutton and would really like to see the lad get a run of games in a central striking role. Even felt the much maligned Angol and Law had better games than of late and both put in a fair shift for the team and Carswell was decent in front of the back four.

Much like last week we could be talking about a 4 or 5 goal defeat yet in both games we missed sitters late on to grab a draw. Certainly after a bad start today we didn't crumble and showed a bit more resolve to roll up our sleeves and keep going rather than folding as we did earlier in the season under McCall. Credit to Black for that as he seems to have got a bit of fight back in the team. Certainly some promising signs to hold onto going forward.

Our season won't be defined by games against Celtic, we now have three big games now against those around us where we have to start picking up points. Hopefully an appointment of a new manager in the next week or so can give the team a boost going into a run of big games over the festive period.

Brilliant post.

Archived