Tories Shut Down Kinloss RCC

FlyerTon

After shutting down a few coastguard stations, including Clyde Coastguard, followed by shutting down RAF Kinloss and RAF Leuchars, the Tories are now shutting down the Kinloss Rescue Co-ordination Centre.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-30434422

Search and rescue co-ordination in Scotland will now be carried out from the south coast of England.

As for Clyde Coastguard, The Tories moved the responsibility offshore to Northern Ireland.

After shutting down a few coastguard stations, including Clyde Coastguard, followed by shutting down RAF Kinloss and RAF Leuchars, the Tories are now shutting down the Kinloss Rescue Co-ordination Centre.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-30434422

The most sensible point made in the link you posted was this:

Fishing leaders said they would seek assurances about the quality of future rescue services.

Bertie Armstrong, chief executive of the Scottish Fishermen's Federation (SFF), said the industry would want to be sure that there would be no "break" in service.

But he added: "Location is a secondary issue to the quality of communications."

What affect will it have on the quality of communications?

You would think that local knowledge would be a very deneficial factor in services like this. Still, if it saves a couple of million quid a year who cares of some jocks die?

Is it stupid night tonight? The ARCC was moved to Kinloss and amalgamated 2 centres in Edinburgh and Plymouth in 1997.

This is f**k all about, "who cares of some jocks die".

Is it stupid night tonight? The ARCC was moved to Kinloss and amalgamated 2 centres in Edinburgh and Plymouth in 1997.

This is f**k all about, "who cares of some jocks die".

What the hell do the people on Fareham know about Mountain Rescue FFS.

Also this

"The new UK search and rescue service will use brand-new, faster helicopters to cut average response times and provide a more reliable overall service."

Has the service been un-reliable thus far? The idea that these new faster helicopters will cut average response times is of no comfort to the guy with a broken leg stuck half way up Bràigh Coire Chruinn-bhalgain when the operator cannot decipher the "foreign" language.

What the hell do the people on Fareham know about Mountain Rescue FFS.

Pretty-much as much as the operators in Kinloss knew about the weather/seas in The Chanel or the 'mountain rescue' requirement of Arthur's Seat when the service was consolidated in 1997 from Edinburgh and Plymouth.

Pretty-much as much as the operators in Kinloss knew about the weather/seas in The Chanel or the 'mountain rescue' requirement of Arthur's Seat when the service was consolidated in 1997 from Edinburgh and Plymouth.

Why make the same mistake twice then?

So you are in favour of more regional centres rather than consolidation?

Most damning bit of that article in Labour's reaction. Surely if they want to have any chance of winning seats in Scotland they need to be at least pretending to stick up for Scotland against the Tories. But instead the come out with this:

Gemma Doyle, Labour's Shadow Defence Minister said "This is the wrong choice for the search and rescue centre and the wrong choice for Kinloss. There is a real risk of the expertise being lost to search and rescue services. It is also very disappointing for the individuals involved. However, hundreds of soldiers and their families are being transferred to Kinloss, turning it into one of the biggest army bases in Scotland."

This thread is about the closure of the Rescue Co-ordination Centre at Kinloss.

Out of interest, why did it get moved to The Politics forum from General Nonsense?

Have a guess.

I didn't read the article but Kinloss shouldn't have a Rangers Supporters Club anyway. People should be supporting the local club, whoever they are.

I made a right tit of myself in my reply to you. I apologise unreservedly. I was a literaltistic c**t. Have a Charles.

Edited to add: I stupidly red-dotted you here so have given you a green yin on another post to balance things out.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived