Question Time

Elixir

50 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

A decent Labour representative for a change. Usual scummy mummy from the Tories, and the weirdest creature ever to slither into Westminster representing the Naz - sorry, UKIP.

I may be wrong but I don't think Justine has any children? Did she not "come out" as same sex partner in June 16, but that would not prevent her  becoming a "mummy" scummy or not. Carswell of course was a Conservative MP before being elected as UKIP MP. I don't think he is the weirdest; what about the Front bench transport man who shut the Bridges today? Usual balanced panel for Brexit night again.

2 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I may be wrong but I don't think Justine has any children? Did she not "come out" as same sex partner in June 16, but that would not prevent her  becoming a "mummy" scummy or not. Carswell of course was a Conservative MP before being elected as UKIP MP. I don't think he is the weirdest; what about the Front bench transport man who shut the Bridges today? Usual balanced panel for Brexit night again.

Oh, I am sorry - just a generic term for the Mail-reader-friendly template that Maggie May is using to populate her Government -see Liz Truss for another. No doubt she's got the same iron principles we'd expect of any politician - she was quoted at referendum-time as believing Britain was "stronger in the EU", so no doubt she'll be expanding on that point tonight.

And I'm sorry, but Carswell is a whole separate level of weird. Even for the NSDAP UKIP.

2 minutes ago, DublinMagyar said:

Rayners fucking awful

Just now, DrewDon said:

If Angela Rayner is the future of the Labour Party, it would be advisable just to pull the plug now. She is even worse than Corbyn - an impressive feat, admittedly. Dire. 

Anything specific? Or do you just not like plain speaking?

1 minute ago, BerwickMad said:

Coates the best on the panel.

I agree with a lot - not all - of his points, and the lack of a political flag makes them more trenchant. Other than that vile creature Oakeshott, the rest are simply putting forward Party Lines - the fact that I think Rayner is doing well is probably tinged by my own ideals.

I agree with a lot - not all - of his points, and the lack of a political flag makes them more trenchant. Other than that vile creature Oakeshott, the rest are simply putting forward Party Lines - the fact that I think Rayner is doing well is probably tinged by my own ideals.

I quite like Rayner tbh. She speaks well and is believable. Of those being touted as 'Corbyn replacements', she's been the most impressive for me and she's speaking well on education. Mind, I suppose that's not saying much when they put people like Richard Burgon forward.

Just now, BerwickMad said:

I quite like Rayner tbh. She speaks well and is believable. Of those being touted as 'Corbyn replacements', she's been the most impressive for me and she's speaking well on education. Mind, I suppose that's not saying much when they put people like Richard Burgon forward.

Burgon isn't the most photogenic or media-friendly, but he's been holding Truss to account as her Fantasy Island reform of the CJ system becomes more and more ridiculous. I reckon the Party are getting good value from him, in fairness.

Burgon and Rayner are being judged on appearance and their savvy within the system, but the whole point of Corbyn's vision is that the system is broken - we are seeing a new group of politicians who don't have an Image Consultant on their staff, but who actually care about their constituents. And by constituents, I mean not only those who voted for them but for the people of this country as a whole.

2 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Oh, I am sorry - just a generic term for the Mail-reader-friendly template that Maggie May is using to populate her Government -see Liz Truss for another. No doubt she's got the same iron principles we'd expect of any politician - she was quoted at referendum-time as believing Britain was "stronger in the EU", so no doubt she'll be expanding on that point tonight.

And I'm sorry, but Carswell is a whole separate level of weird. Even for the NSDAP UKIP.

I actually agree with you about Greening et alia ; And much of your other posts tonight . I thought the most bizarre thing was Oakeshot insisting that we need a stronger opposition and then spent the rest of the night attacking Rayner for expressing opposition to the Conservatives. As for Carswell his slack jaw always reminds me of Ronnie Carrol from the pre Beatles era and he is much a dinosaur now as Carroll was then. Be unusual if David Dimbleby gets the by election predictions right?