Question Time

Elixir

Fiona Bruce just compared the "dodgy" French judges who did Boycott for battering his girlfriend with the Scottish judges who accused Johnson of lying to the Queen. Tongue in cheek I think but expecting the National to lead on it tomorrow. 

Fiona Bruce just compared the "dodgy" French judges who did Boycott for battering his girlfriend with the Scottish judges who accused Johnson of lying to the Queen. Tongue in cheek I think but expecting the National to lead on it tomorrow. 

Aye, she was having a dig at the guy for saying the french courts might not have been up to standard.

Calmer than the usual which might be related to the Remain area. I liked the guy who insisted in calling Mr Lewis as Brendan. Brandon is clearly a careerist who will shift his views to whoever holds sway in the Conservatives. Both he and Donaldson think there will be a deal but what majority is there for any deal? I suspect they will happily defend No Deal quite soon. I did think Donaldson did make a good point in saying the DUP had argued their money case in the agreement with May. It is just a pity that Ruth Davidson's Scottish conservatives did not use their numbers to do the same for Scotland. I keep watching QT out of some sense of desperation but it is tired and dated.

6 hours ago, dee_62 said:

Not too bad so far. As someone pointed out early on, Norwich was a remain city.
1 definite gammon candidate though.

5 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Calmer than the usual which might be related to the Remain area. I liked the guy who insisted in calling Mr Lewis as Brendan. Brandon is clearly a careerist who will shift his views to whoever holds sway in the Conservatives. Both he and Donaldson think there will be a deal but what majority is there for any deal? I suspect they will happily defend No Deal quite soon. I did think Donaldson did make a good point in saying the DUP had argued their money case in the agreement with May. It is just a pity that Ruth Davidson's Scottish conservatives did not use their numbers to do the same for Scotland. I keep watching QT out of some sense of desperation but it is tired and dated.

the voting pattern of the city/local area is barely reflected in a Scottish QT audience .........

• 2 weeks later...
Gina Miller stealing the show tonight, although tbf she's not got much competition.
Disagree with this. I thought she was awful, was tripped up on the trade deals, was tripped up if the roles were reversed would she take to court. Was also completely tripped up on the democracy question.
Dreadful I thought but heh ho; and I voted remain

25 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Disagree with this. I thought she was awful, was tripped up on the trade deals, was tripped up if the roles were reversed would she take to court. Was also completely tripped up on the democracy question.
Dreadful I thought but heh ho; and I voted remain

I will admit I only watched the first half - but to me she really had Cleverly tied up in knots over the Supreme Court judgement. Made him look more like James Stupidly.

I'll try and watch the 2nd half and get back to you, but I did think it was getting very boring after 30 mins.

Also - Gina is a major wid.

I will admit I only watched the first half - but to me she really had Cleverly tied up in knots over the Supreme Court judgement. Made him look more like James Stupidly.
I'll try and watch the 2nd half and get back to you, but I did think it was getting very boring after 30 mins.
Also - Gina is a major wid.
Agree and disagree with your last sentence. On the box last night a complete wid, but some dodgy pics of her during the week.... It's a poser alright....

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

The answer is always no

I'll be watching out of curiosity just to see how the BBC spin it.

Suspect Boris will be hailed by a sizable chunk of the audience as the greatest thing to happen to this country since Churchill.

6 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Against my better judgement I'm watching this and I'm impressed at how vitriolic the Leicester audience is against this Brexit deal and the performance of the Government in general, with Matt Hancock taking a kicking.  Phillipa Whitford sounding very impressive.

Surprised that only a handful in the audience thought the "deal" was worth celebrating.

Eta... Anneliese Dodds sounds like potential Labour leadership material to me.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

40 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Surprised that only a handful in the audience thought the "deal" was worth celebrating.

Eta... Anneliese Dodds sounds like potential Labour leadership material to me.

The crowd seemed pretty remainy, Matt Hancock is an empty jaicket parroting whatever he's told. Annelise Dodds done well through the constant barracking of the weirdo Brexit guy. Pip Whitford didn't get enough time but wasn't scared to call out sectarianism and the other guy just said nice things.

The silences to any contribution from Hancock was certainly noticeable even when "moderate" leavers were present. He claimed that they would increase the minimum wage : as if being out of the EU had any bar against this!  The Brexit guy is just a parroting sound bite phenomenon on the will of the people. Whitford was quite good on general issues and spoke well on how Scotland has been ignored from this Tory red lines  Brexit.  Dodds has a pleasing quality at times but Labour still lacks punch against the Johnston gang. I kinds stopped listening when they got on to football events but there were some good contributions from audience on that in a multi cultural city. Still watching it despite myself

37 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:
Norman Lamont is still alive. Who'd have known?

Very surprised that the Tories can't find someone current  to represent them.

PS Richard Leonard. 😆

Could say the same about Richard Leonard. 

Quite amusing they're implying he's a 'Labour' man and not a 'Scottish Labour' man despite them telling us over and over that they're not one and the same thing, and the fact he's appearing on a show from a town in England, where presumably, he has some basic understanding of the political issues of the day. He certainly hasn't a clue when it comes to Scotland.

Is he still harping on about the Scottish Government having failed on Reserved matters?

Edited by Boo Khaki