Anyone speak German?

Apologies for randomness. Came across an old leaflet that my grandad had who died and it's all in German. Tried google translate on some of it but there are letters/words that I can't make out or don't have the keys for etc

Not looking for word for word verbatim but a general gist of the leaflet would be useful for my dad. If anyone knows it will be someone on Pie and Bov :)

2s7f8yf.jpg

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apologies for randomness. Came across an old leaflet that my grandad had who died and it's all in German. Tried google translate on some of it but there are letters/words that I can't make out or don't have the keys for etc

Not looking for word for word verbatim but a general gist of the leaflet would be useful for my dad. If anyone knows it will be someone on Pie and Bov :)

2s7f8yf.jpg

Sergeant Wilson is your man.

2s7f8yf.jpg

How did your granda get that?quite interesting

He was a 'Torpedo man' on the HMS Sheffield according to a certificate that he had?

Just didn't know whether this was a random leaflet he picked up at some stage in the war or whether he kept it for a reason

Did he spend any time in South America?

2s7f8yf.jpg

You could try here maybe?

http://www.reddit.com/r/germany

He was a 'Torpedo man' on the HMS Sheffield according to a certificate that he had?

Just didn't know whether this was a random leaflet he picked up at some stage in the war or whether he kept it for a reason

post-12982-0-09047600-1418519792.jpg

your name shall also go on der list- vot is it?

2s7f8yf.jpg

Fucking hell. :o If I had shite like this close to my family I'd be deeply concerned.

Archived