Anyone been on TV?

Been in the crowd a couple of times at football games, and was on SkySportsNews most of the day for Scotland-England as they were filming in the pub I was in. Also, you can see the back of my head in a pub in one of those hooligan documentaries on BBC3. They were at a Shamrock Rovers-Bohemians match (for reasons unknown) and it "all kicked off", except the reality was a guy chucked a bottle into the pub while walking past triggering 5-10 minutes of pavement gymnastics and one arrest.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In 2010, the Colorado Rapids surprised everybody including I think, themselves by making it to the MLS Cup final. Complete underdogs they equalized with a penalty in the second half and won with a cracking goal in extra-time. Moments after the winner went in, US football fans were treated to the sight of me in a Denver pub, punching the air and in the process, smacking a full pint out of the hand of the guy next to me.

I was on Telly for the last round draw of this years Scottish Cup, the bbc even froze on my face for the intro of the piece prior to showing the full report. They wanted fans reaction to the draw, we "ooohed" & "aaaahed" when a couple of the bigger teams got drawn out 1st in the chance we might be the next drawn out to face them but alas it was not to be as we were the last home team drawn out to face either Albion or Berwick. They asked for 3 of us to be interviewed but I declined, because I didn't want ridiculed on here for my posh accent by the 3 folk that know of me on here. Oh yeah they already know because I've spoken to them.

Been an extra in a film too. I was in "There's Only One Jimmy Grimble" back in 1999, there was an ad in the City programme asking for extras so I rang the number & had to go down to Maine Road to do some filming for 2 days, all we got was free food & they gave us a raffle ticket at the start of the day & they drew it at the end of filming to entice us extras to stay for the full days shoot. I never won a prize but I did nick the City programme that was used as a "prop" & I got Ray Winstone to sign it. I haven't got it anymore I must have left it down south when I moved up here.

I was also at the Anti-poll tax demo in London end of March 1990 when it all kicked off but I never spotted myself in any footage.

Grimbo

Was in the cup final sportscene when they were showing the previous rounds. My face was on screen for a couple of seconds while discussing the Forfar match.

Also was on children in need when it was filmed at perth leisure pool, got a lecture from the camera crew for giving the camera the finger while it was recording.

Apart from a few quiz shows, I was in the school choir and the BBC filmed us for not Songs of Praise but some other god-awful Sunday morning "isn't God great?" type show.

We recorded the hymn we were singing beforehand. But for the filming, the camera panned across the entire choir and then zoomed right in on my not very cherubic face. Without exaggeration you could see my fucking 12 year old nostril hair.

I was in the audience for Scotsport twice. Once when they had it done up to look like terracing and once when it was laid out like a cafe.

Ex girlfriend was on the crystal maze when she was sixteen then when she was at uni was on a channel 4 show called dicing with debt. One of the prizes she won was her weight in Ben & Jerrys vouchers

That's got to be a fuckton of vouchers.

I spotted myself in the crowd on the highlights of the first football game I was at- Hibs V Aberdeen in 1986.

I did a well known TV quiz show as a student. I wonder if some daft twat in Aberdeen still has the autograph that he asked me for? As a result of my national fame I was then invited to appear on a comment slot on Grampian TV. The 5 minute programme was made by an independent company- Tern TV- and the miserable c*nts took 6 months to pay me my whopping 20 quid appearance fee.

I was also in the audience for a Finnish TV quiz show. Which was a bit confusing.

I was interviewed when I was paralytic at the first night party for a show I was working on in London. Was dozing off in an armchair when the TV lights woke me up. Thought I'd fallen asleep on the night bus and was in the terminal bus station. Asked the bird when the next night bus to Hackney was.

Archived